• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delivery Exception ! What's up With This....

In summary, the author's package was supposed to be delivered on Friday, but it was changed to Monday. The author is unhappy with the delivery time and the company.
Flamingo
Gold Member
I am liking Fed Ex less and less every day... I need my supplies and was waiting for them to be delivered today all day. At about 6:30pm they put up on the web site this "Delivery exception" "Local weather delay, delivery attempted" but it was ready for delivery at 8 am this morning. We got about 4 inchs of snow but by 8 am it was all but a little gone especially on the main roads. I went out today and saw about 3 different fed ex trucks on the road. So why did'nt they deliver my stuff. HO if you are listening in on these boards GET RID OF FED EX!!!!!!!!! Bring back my UPS guy....:mad:

Last edited:
So far I have been lucky (knocking wood) with FedEx...I *do* find delivery times to run a bit slower than UPS and I like my UPS guy more than my FedEx guy - LOL...but for the most part I am happy...

I do think they run slower even though I havent had that many packages delivered from pc I know I had been waiting for my kit and it was on the truck @ 6 something am and didnt get it until 7:30pm that night which is a little frustrating.

My packages are all arriving a day earlier than scheduled. I have shows that shipped today and will be delivered by Saturday. So far I am impressed with Fed Ex.

It truly depends on your area. We ship FedEx from my place of work because FedEx beat UPS rates, and also we separate "west, east and central" on different trucks that leave for different hubs and we gain 1-2 days service for each package. At over 10,000 packages a day, most of our customers have been happy. I do know delivery TO me is "better" for UPS - better time schedule, etc., but FedEx is getting better.

I too think it depends on your area. I have had really bad luck with UPS and broken items repeatedly
I have never had any issues with fedex - and I haven't had them deliver any PC stuff, (but I can't image that would make much of a difference. a delivery guy is a delivery guy-no matter who sent it.)

I am happier with fed ex because with them I get my stuff in the early afternoon, with UPS I didn't get my stuff till evening time.

I've had 3 deliveries since FedEx came on board. Yesterday was my first
party shipment with 3 boxes. Everything was fine. I anticipated the delivery
time of 9:45AM, because of the times the other two deliveries arrived. Sure enough, he was right on schedule. I met my driver, and he lives one town over from us, and goes to the same Church we are clustered with. What a small world. He carried the three boxes into my garage for me with no fuss about the extra steps and lifting. He had placed the first box on my front steps, and then on the ground in front of my garage door. When I asked if he
would please carry it into the garage and place on a SPA lid, he did it cheerfully. He said we (PC) was now their third largest account.

Yesterday my show was expected to be delivered Friday, Feb 9th, and now today it has been change to Monday Feb 12th, and of course they do not delivery on Monday. UH!

My package was saying delivery for Friday, and now it was bumped to Saturday...grrr....I wonder if he will not leave it, and say that the business was closed again (I am not a business, it is a house!!) ....and if he doesn't, then I will be waiting until Tuesday as well!

jrstephens said:
Yesterday my show was expected to be delivered Friday, Feb 9th, and now today it has been change to Monday Feb 12th, and of course they do not delivery on Monday. UH!
They might deliver on Monday. I had some boxes that were switched from Home to Ground, which does deliver on Mondays. The FE cust svc rep I spoke to said that it happens occasionally (that the service type is changed en route), but she didn't know why.

chefann said:
They might deliver on Monday. I had some boxes that were switched from Home to Ground, which does deliver on Mondays. The FE cust svc rep I spoke to said that it happens occasionally (that the service type is changed en route), but she didn't know why.

I hope so! It has my cookware in it(well part of it anyway since the other part is on backorder)!! I had one do this before and I had to wait until Tuesday, so, I always assume the worse! I am a glass half empty sort of girl!:eek:

If it's close to your house, you still may get it tomorrow or Saturday. I haven't found Fed Ex's online tracking to be very accurate.

I'm not at all pleased with FedEx. I explained on another thread why I have a storage unit at the bottom of my steep driveway. So far I've had four deliveries since the switch. Each time someone was home to receive the delivery (an unusual event at our house). However, each was delivered by a different driver. We told each one about the storage unit. (It keeps my packages safe & dry.)

So, yesterday I was home with the flu. I heard the doorbell and hauled my sore, sorry old body out of the recliner to see who it was. Guess what. My latest supply order was sitting on the wet patio! :eek:

I called FedEx and asked if they could flag our address with some sort of instruction to leave packages in the storage unit at the bottom of the driveway. I explained that I am a consultant and receive lots of packages. She told me it wasn't possible.

Her first suggestion was that I place a note on the door for the driver. First, I don't want anyone coming up to my door to know that there could possibly be fabulous kitchen tools sitting there unattended. Second, other drivers have left packages all over our property, most not coming even close to our door, so a note would be useless.

She then suggested I contact the HO and ask them to place instructions on the shipping label. I've done that. I've also let the HO know that if they are keeping track of how this switch is working for the consultants they can put me on the "not so much" list.

BTW, UPS got it right from the first time we spoke with a driver. Give me my guys and gals in brown any day!

I didn't get my packages the last time it snowed. The tracking said "delivery exception...local weather...delivery not attempted. The roads were fine and the guys in brown were out in full force that day. It was a little aggravating. My package that was scheduled for tomorrow has been bumped to Monday and my package for today has been bumped till tomorrow. I have not received any packages on Saturday...mine have come on Monday. Maybe it depends on the area whether it is Saturday or Monday.

I had a "delivery exception" today. It said unable to read label, new one applied. What the heck? I can only imagine what THAT box looks like.:eek:

I've already sent a complaint e-mail to FedEx, because when they delivered my changeover box, they backed all the way down my driveway and broke off tons of branches off one evergreen tree on one side of my driveway. My driveway is double wide so they should have had plenty of room.

UPS just stopped on the street and walked up. It's not like the changeover box was so big and heavy that they needed to back in.

The only response I got from FedEx was "sorry, you can submit claims to our claims department at ..." Yeah, like I'm going to claim branches from my 50-year old evergreen.

Shawnna said:
I didn't get my packages the last time it snowed. The tracking said "delivery exception...local weather...delivery not attempted. The roads were fine and the guys in brown were out in full force that day. It was a little aggravating. My package that was scheduled for tomorrow has been bumped to Monday and my package for today has been bumped till tomorrow. I have not received any packages on Saturday...mine have come on Monday. Maybe it depends on the area whether it is Saturday or Monday.

This just happened with my starter kit. :( I was hoping to have it tonight to open since I'm gone tomorrow. So sad, but motivated me to do something else tonight so I called up a friend and got her booked for Feb 28th (she originally wanted to wait until April!!!!)

Siderits - where are you in WI? ...wondering if yours is out of the same hub as me...tempted to call my FedEx contact there that runs the place and ask!

I'm just outside of Milwaukee ... Rhinelander's probably not in the same hub :p

Janet, are you guys still as cold as we are?

No, your stuff is hitting Chicago then MKE. We're at 5 degrees right now - the highest in days! I'm ready to run outside in shorts... J/K...that would be a sight - I'm so white I'd scare ghosts! I was born and raised in Racine so you're not far from "home". :)

UPS always parked on the road and walked across to the front door (it's actually less steps for them). FedEx goes in the drive way. They have been cutting across the corner and ruined the grass at the edge of the driveway. The biggest problem with that is that they are on the NEIGHBOR's grass and they are very particular about their yard. I am sure it's all my fault to them. Thanks a lot FedEx.

Apparently there are two different divisions of fedex. The fedex home division which is what our shipments fall under delivers Tues-Sat. The regular division ships Mon-Fri. Not all areas have fedex home (my area being one of them) so in those areas you will get your deliveries Mon-Fri.

My biggest complaint with FedEx is that my driver refuses to even ring the doorbell to announce a delivery. I just noticed a box sitting on my front porch a little while ago. Not sure when he came. We never use our front door (we come in thru the garage, the front door is for "real" company). So without him ringing the bell it could sit there forever! And since I never see him I can't even ask him to do it.

Probably wouldn't do you any good, anyway. I've had each delivery arrive in a different vehicle with a different driver. Not a big fan of FedEx right now.

I got the Delivery Exception today too!!! It said "Customer not home" - WE WERE ALL HERE!!! I don't think the guy even tried! :mad: And I have NEVER had to "sign" for FedEx before. It's a supply order - I really, really need my catalogs/order forms for a show on Sunday. I called the 800 number and he said they tried to deliver it, but customer wasn't home - WHAT A LIE!! I live in a rural area and I hear every single car that comes on our road. I KNOW when the delivery guy is coming. I'm calling first thing in the AM and if that package does not get delivered tomorrow - SATURDAY - they (Pampered Chef too) will here me screaming from PA to IL! Not happy with Fed ex.....
Joanne

My show being shipped to a customer lists a DELIVERY EXCEPTION today as well. It has been on track to be delivered today, and now it says it has been "transferred to an authorized agent for final delivery" with a delivery date of tomorrow! I know that she lives in a rural area, but when I mentioned delivery by Fed Ex she never said that "they don't deliver there" Wonder what's up with that?

I had UPS ground packages twice when it snowed- and then they didn't come for a few days after that. I am actually getting my Fed-Ex stuff almost half the time as UPS- it is taking about 3 days, when it usually took 5-7 with UPS even if PC sent it right away. did like my nice UPS guy, though.

Wow, I'm glad to hear it's not just me. I was home all day Saturday, FedEx did deliver to a host but not to me and i live in town not in a rural area like my host.

straitfan said:
My show being shipped to a customer lists a DELIVERY EXCEPTION today as well. It has been on track to be delivered today, and now it says it has been "transferred to an authorized agent for final delivery" with a delivery date of tomorrow! I know that she lives in a rural area, but when I mentioned delivery by Fed Ex she never said that "they don't deliver there" Wonder what's up with that?

Christy - in very rural areas, FedEx hands the package over to sub-contractors that they hire for final delivery. They do this a lot at Christmas time due to the volume, etc. Our FedEx Sales Rep at work said it is common in rural areas because they cannot physically reach ALL areas. He told us though if there are any problems to report them right away for FedEx.

I live in NW Ohio and we are getting a blizzard!!!! We are expecting 6-8 this afternoon and an additional 4-6 tonight. My supply order was shipped and I now have a "Delivery Exception" on my tracking. I wonder if it is the weather????? DUH!!! Everything here is cancelled including colleges. Of course I am sitting here at work. As much as I would love to get my shipment, I don't think anyone should be out driving in this stuff unless it is an emergency. Even the expressways are starting to close down because of black ice. Right now the temp is 14 degress and the winds are going to gust to 35 MPH. BABY IT IS COLD OUTSIDE!!! So...FedEx driver... please stay safe...get off the road...and go home. I can wait another day or two for my things. :)

Im in ne ohio and its terrible outside, im not expecting any packages but i went up the road to the store and had a hard time getting around, my dh had a terrible time getting out of the drive way they said we could get up to 20 inches by tomorrow im sure dh will be busy today hes a 911 operator so he had to go to work today

So far, I really have no complaints - everything has been delivered in a timely fashion. My delivery guy just drops it off and runs, but my UPS guy did that, too, unless he saw my van in the driveway. Then he'd knock and actually help me put the boxes in my house if there were a lot.

What I do find weird is that Fed Ex pulls into the driveway. We have a very short driveway and I would think it would be easier to just pull up in front of the house. If I ever see the guy, I'm going to ask him if it's possible to just pull up. There are so many kids running through the neighborhood (including my own) that I'm scared he's going to hit one backing out one of these days.

I haven't had any problems either. With the bad weather tonight it should be a good night to get on the phone ... people should be home don't you think? I am just keeping my fingers crossed nobody looses any power. Those of you in the middle of the blizzard ... please be safe. I don't have a show until Thursday. Things should be clear by then.

So today, this HUGE Ryder rental truck backs up into my driveway, and sits there for almost FOREVER.....I was getting ready to go see what was going on, when suddenly this guy appears around the corner of the truck carrying a manila envelope....It was FedEx! In a Ryder truck??? Very Strange - and if I hadn't gone out to meet him, he would have left the envelope on my front steps, in the snow.:eek: I really want to be positive, but I sure do miss my UPS guy! I don't think I've had the same FedEx person twice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KYCHEF
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • mpkegley
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
  • pamperedpals