• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Xbox360 Upgrade: Selling Original Xbox & 20+ Games | Suggestions Welcome!

In summary, the red ring of death is a problem that can occur with the Xbox 360 console, and it is important to be aware of it. It is also important to be aware that not all Xbox games work on the 360, and that there are different types of Xbox consoles.
ragschef
DH and I are thinking of getting an xBox360 (the newest one) when it comes out. I don't play, can you tell?
Anyways, he's still playing the original xBox and really wants to upgrade. Was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas as to how much we should sell the old gaming system for with about 20+ games. Just looking for suggestions. If anyone is interested in it, please, feel free to email me...

Thanks for your help! You guys are great!

I am not sure how to answer that...maybe check on ebay and see what they are going for there?

One thing I CAN say about Xbox 360 is: BEWARE the "red ring of death"! A ton of people that have it say they have to get a new one like every 6 months because it gets the red ring of death and dies.

It may be hard to get rid of the original XBOX since it's hard to find games for it anymore. Amanda is right...check ebay or maybe even craigslist for your area.

Christ Follower said:
I am not sure how to answer that...maybe check on ebay and see what they are going for there?

One thing I CAN say about Xbox 360 is: BEWARE the "red ring of death"! A ton of people that have it say they have to get a new one like every 6 months because it gets the red ring of death and dies.

What is the red ring of death? We have had our over a year now and my boys never complained about anything - what should we look for ?

Amanda another thing is alot of the Xbox games can be played on the 360. We have both and my DH and kids play both on the 360.

I would check Ebay like other have said. Also, do wait unitl the come out w/the blue ray Xbox 360!

We're on our second 360 game console. They overheat if they are played too much.
The red ring of death occurs when the 2,3,and 4 area of the power button light up.

We had ours for just under 2 years when the ring lit up. Not all of them do it. It depends on how much ventilation the console has, and how often it's used. There is a group suing Microsoft (imagine that) saying that they (MS) are sending out "repaired" units, and they are still bad.

If and when this one we have now dies, there will be no more xbox in this house. BTW - not all the xbox games work in the 360. I have 3 of them here that don't work. It depends on the game.

hope that helps.

My son uses a cooler for his. It is almost a year old (at Christmas) and so far has not had problems. It is also well ventilated. I was glad I read about the problems before we set his up.

where did you get the cooler, Rhonda?

What is the Xbox360 upgrade and what does it include?

The Xbox360 upgrade refers to the newest version of the Xbox gaming console. It includes updated hardware and features, as well as improved graphics and gameplay.

How much should I sell my original Xbox and 20+ games for?

The price of your original Xbox and games will depend on its condition, age, and demand in your area. It is recommended to research similar listings and their prices before setting your own price.

What suggestions do you have for selling the original Xbox and games?

You can try selling it locally through online marketplaces or classified ads, or you can also consider selling it to a gaming store that accepts trade-ins. Make sure to clean and test the console and games before selling it to ensure they are in good working condition.

Is it worth upgrading to the Xbox360?

The decision to upgrade to the Xbox360 depends on your personal preferences and gaming habits. However, the newer version does offer improved graphics and features, so it may be worth considering if you are a frequent gamer.

Can I still play the original Xbox games on the Xbox360?

Yes, the Xbox360 is backwards compatible, meaning it can play most original Xbox games. However, there may be some games that are not compatible, so it is recommended to check the compatibility list before purchasing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Denarella
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • flemings99
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • chefkeri