• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Winter Skin Care in Texas: What Are Your Favorite Lotions?

I'm pretty sure it's an oatmeal and almond cream. I also use the Dermalogica Daily Repair Cream which is great for dry skin.I have used the Melaleuca Renew and it was really good!
Kathytnt
What are you favorite lotions - I live in Texas. When it gets cold her we suffer more with dry skin I htink because we don't have humidifiers and much as they do up north. Of course one days it is in the 20's the next day it is int he 80's doesn't help. What do you guys do for dry skm

kathytnt said:
What are you favorite lotions - I live in Texas. When it gets cold her we suffer more with dry skin I htink because we don't have humidifiers and much as they do up north. Of course one days it is in the 20's the next day it is int he 80's doesn't help. What do you guys do for dry skm

I use a variety of lotions... my mom got me some from Jason (it's a natural brand) and Neutrogena makes some nice lotions too. This year hasn't been too bad yet.. haven't had the skin cracking dry that can sometimes happen... that's when something thicker works wonders... more balm, less lotion... Aquafor is a good healing cream... and DH gave me some honey based balm that's really good too. http://www.beeceuticals.com/store/index.php

I've heard Bert's Bees makes a good balm too for very dry skin but haven't tried it myself. I've tried some of their other products though and really liked them.

I like MK's Satin Hands for my hands.

I like The Body Shop's Body Butters too. The olive is nice for dry skin (but the almond smells better)

I am still searching for the perfect lotion though....

kathytnt said:

Hi Kathy! Good to see you here! You and I met in Chicago and also chatted alot over at CS on the Road to Director thread. You should join us in our daily chat threads here! Postaholics anonymous is the current one! We all would love to have you!!!

I agree with what Brandi said about joining us!!

When my skin is really dry I use Aveno..works wonders!

I like the unscented Curell and I try to drink a lot of water and moisturize from the inside.

Hi Brandi - Life has just been crazy I am still a Future but I have a new FT job with Jenny Craig - which I love But I am goig to have to learn how to handle a FT job with PC now. I already got the CD that covers that top.

LOL

I guess I should explain that it is dry this year and also itchy

Speaking of dry skin
My 2 1/2 month old has really bad red dry skin on his face and nothing is working to get rid of it. I've tried Eucerin cream, aquphor, vasoline, not washing his face with babysoap. nothing seems to work. I do have an dr appointment for him but I don't want to wait till then for it to clear up. Anyone have any advice

Tonia D. said:
Speaking of dry skin
My 2 1/2 month old has really bad red dry skin on his face and nothing is working to get rid of it. I've tried Eucerin cream, aquphor, vasoline, not washing his face with babysoap. nothing seems to work. I do have an dr appointment for him but I don't want to wait till then for it to clear up. Anyone have any advice

Have you tried the Arbonne baby lotion? It's really expensive but works well for my friends little girls with Exzema.

Tonia D. said:
Speaking of dry skin

eucerin is what i used for my baby when he had eczema. Also for adults if you can treat your hands with lotion before bed and cover them with a thin glove for the night it will hold in the moisture... like a manicure glove I mean

The Melaleuca Renew is AWESOME!!! My friend has Excema and does not have any problems with this.

I survive Minnesota winters with Aveeno Skin Relief cream. It lasts all day and is the best by far!

Cetaphil works wonders for us at our house my DH will even use it cause it doesnt leave they filmy stuff on his hands. My DD has rashes around her mouth and it clears it up really well also. We get the cream in the jar my mom got it for us from cosco

Yes, Melaleuca's Renew is awesome. I have a friend with a skin disorder...its like Excema but extemely bad. She can't use anything with scents or dyes in them...laundry soap, lotion, bath products, etc...and Renew has worked wonders for her.

Christ Follower said:
Have you tried the Arbonne baby lotion? It's really expensive but works well for my friends little girls with Exzema.

I have not but my friend said that she was going to give me some Arbonne baby wash, do you think that will help at all?
I think i will just buy some of the Arbonne baby lotion too!

Brandi said:
eucerin is what i used for my baby when he had eczema. Also for adults if you can treat your hands with lotion before bed and cover them with a thin glove for the night it will hold in the moisture... like a manicure glove I mean

My dr. appt is is tomorrow and that's what they would normally prescribe to some one is the eucerin cream, i just wish it was working.

I love the Body Shop butters- I start as soon as the itching starts. I like Nut. I dont like the sweet smells except Cranberry. But the butters are great. I really like the Melaluca stuff when I get too far and am getting into trouble- Renew- but once my skin is open from the cracking it stings (ANYTHING stings). It works really fast. When it gets that bad- I use plain vaseline. I bought a room humidifier a few years ago, and as soon as the itching starts in the winter, I fire that up. It really helps alot. But move ALL BOOKS and paper out of the room when you do that or they get all wrinkly.
If your baby is having trouble you need to get to the doctor- something is up.

jennie4pc said:
Cetaphil works wonders for us at our house my DH will even use it cause it doesnt leave they filmy stuff on his hands. My DD has rashes around her mouth and it clears it up really well also. We get the cream in the jar my mom got it for us from cosco

We love Cetaphil! It's what our pediatrician recomended for dd dry skin.:thumbsup: The cream one in the jar.

If anyone wants Arbonne let me know. I can get it for you.

They precribed some hydrocortizone cream 2 times daily for 2 weeks (the losest dose) and then euceryn cream 2 times daily (at different time then the other stuff) all over his body. It seems to be working so far he doesn't look as nearly bad as he did, some little girl at the dr's office even asked me what was wrong with his face. I told her he as really dry skin and when I put alot of lotion on him it would go away. Then she asked what his name was it was kind of cute!

New Recruiting PromoWhat does everyone think about it? I'm hoping it will motivate my team.

I really hope it motivates my team! I am excited about it, and plan to play it up tomorrow at my meeting.

I think it's awesome both from the new consultant side and from the current consultant/recruiter side. I LOVE the forged cutlery and I think it's a great bonus for new consultants because I would think that may be a product a new consultant wouldn't otherwise spend their PC $ on unless they're big into knives and know they want it for their own kitchens. I LOVE the Santoku knife - it's my absolute favorite one. Between that, the Chef's Knife and maybe one of the smaller paring knives, what more would they need? I'm not a huge fan of the serrated bread knife, although I have it. I just don't think it's a must-have.

The Best Buy gift cards are awesome!!! My goal is to recruit and qualify six people under this. If that happens, that would be $450 for me!!! woo hoo. Who knows what I"ll use the gift cards for, but how awesome is that?? Think about all those mega-recruiters....it's unlimited as to how many cards they can earn.

What an awesome company!:D:D

pamperedbecky said:
I think it's awesome both from the new consultant side and from the current consultant/recruiter side. I LOVE the forged cutlery and I think it's a great bonus for new consultants because I would think that may be a product a new consultant wouldn't otherwise spend their PC $ on unless they're big into knives and know they want it for their own kitchens. I LOVE the Santoku knife - it's my absolute favorite one. Between that, the Chef's Knife and maybe one of the smaller paring knives, what more would they need? I'm not a huge fan of the serrated bread knife, although I have it. I just don't think it's a must-have.

The Best Buy gift cards are awesome!!! My goal is to recruit and qualify six people under this. If that happens, that would be $450 for me!!! woo hoo. Who knows what I"ll use the gift cards for, but how awesome is that?? Think about all those mega-recruiters....it's unlimited as to how many cards they can earn.

What an awesome company!:D:D

I am really happy with this incentive! I have about 6-7 people I am talking to and I think a set of 3 new knives is a great incentive to get anyone going. I love that PC has made sure that they qualify in those first 30 days so that I can reap the benefits of them qualifying as well as they can reap the benefits of getting such a great new start!

What a great way to get all 6 recruits I need for the incentive trip~it will be all downhill from there, right???:rolleyes:

Love the incentive!!! I want an IPOD! And just think--your new recruit will have FOUR Forged pieces when all is said and done--the Utility Knife from the kit, then three more! WOW!!!I'm planning on recruiting and qualifying 4 under this incentive.

When they announced the $50 BB cards I kept thinking... "Okay, what do they get for joining???" I know that ultimately that is what is going to rock their boat! It sure will too, THREE knives???!!! That is awesome. I do need a digital camera though, mine is a dino.

Related to Winter Skin Care in Texas: What Are Your Favorite Lotions?

What are the best lotions for winter skin care in Texas?

The best lotions for winter skin care in Texas are those that are rich in moisture and have a thick consistency. Look for lotions that contain ingredients like shea butter, glycerin, and hyaluronic acid, which help to deeply hydrate and protect the skin.

Can I use the same lotion in winter as I do in summer?

No, it's important to switch to a heavier, more moisturizing lotion during the winter months. The dry, cold air can strip the skin of its natural oils, so a thicker lotion is necessary to keep it hydrated and protected.

What are the main causes of dry skin in winter?

The main causes of dry skin in winter are low humidity levels, cold temperatures, and harsh winds. These environmental factors can strip the skin of its natural moisture, leading to dryness, flakiness, and irritation.

Are there any natural ingredients I should look for in lotions for winter skin care?

Yes, there are many natural ingredients that can help to nourish and hydrate the skin during the winter. Look for lotions that contain ingredients like coconut oil, jojoba oil, and aloe vera, which have moisturizing and soothing properties.

Should I exfoliate before applying lotion in the winter?

Yes, it's important to exfoliate regularly during the winter to remove dead skin cells and allow your lotion to penetrate more deeply. However, be sure to use a gentle exfoliator and don't overdo it, as this can further dry out the skin.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jean DeVries