• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is on Your Christmas Wish List?

In summary, the conversation revolved around what everyone wanted for Christmas, with some members listing specific items such as TV, kitchen appliances, and perfumes. Others expressed their excitement to see their loved ones open gifts, while some joked about their wish for a man for Christmas. The conversation also touched on practical gifts like steering wheel covers and neck massagers, but ultimately, the focus was on the joy of giving and spending time with family and friends during the holiday season.
pamela
HELP! Is this email for real????I just got this today...what is your opinion of it?

Hello Margaret,

My name is John McGee. I live here in Richmond and am an entrepreneur
who has invented several products. One of these is a household
product that I am interested in talking to you about. I ran across
your email address as I was searching through information about
Pampered Chef on the web.

Please bear with me as I speak in general terms without describing
the product. As is typical with new inventions, my patent attorney is
always on me to keep the details of the product confidential. If we
get together to talk about the product, I would ask that you please
sign a nondisclosure agreement or "NDA" which simply states you won't
try to infringe on the product yourself or divulge the invention to
someone else. I'm sure you'd have no interest in that but it's just
one of those formalities.

When I did my consumer research for the product, I interviewed about
50 people, some individually and others in small informal "focus
groups." The response was more positive than I had hoped for. About
80% of these people said they have use for the product and would most
likely buy one. Some actually wanted to buy one when I spoke to them,
thinking they were in production and available. It turns out that I
am the first to create this product, even though it solves a problem
that appears to be in probably 50 to 80% of all households, typically
in the kitchen, as well as in many businesses and commercial
environments. Several people in my interviews commented that my
product would be "perfect for Pampered Chef." As I did my research to
learn about Pampered Chef I was astounded to discover what an
enormous and successful company it is, and came to agree that my
product might indeed be perfect for Pampered Chef. I've shown it to
Ukrops and also to a large national sales company that represents
products and manufacturers to all the national retail chains, and
their conclusion of the product is the same as I received in my
consumer interviews. Because it has application in so many homes we
should be able to sell several tens of millions of them in a 5 to 7
year period. It's inexpensive, well under $10, probably around $6.95,
although there are ways we can package it to bring the price up. I
also can manufacture it in the U.S. and do not have to go to China.
It will be patented worldwide and we will sell it globally.

So I hope we can get together so you can share your thoughts on the
product with me and how you feel it might fit into the Pampered Chef
line of products. I'm sure we could do it in 30 minutes or so. This
weekend would be great as I have a meeting with an investor next week
and it would be helpful to have your input by then.

Just reply by email and I'll get back to you by phone or email,
whichever you prefer. I've also emailed another rep "Terry" who I
think may be in the west end.

With thanks and best regards,
John mcGee
Tel. 804.264.3314

I think it is a hoax of course, but I sure would love to just meet this guy and give him a piece of my mind about trying to scam someone from such a reputable company.....

I might be wrong but it sounds weird. Plus, as consultants, we aren't at the level to make a decision about what to carry in our catalog.I would respond to him that he needs to contact HO Corporate, not a rep and stay out of it.Chances are he went into the lead system and got your info... although, did you get him as a lead?I'd steer him toward HO and stay away from it. Just sounds weird to me.PLus, he can't tell you about the product because of copyright or patent stuff, be he can talk to you for 30 minutes about it? Something's not right.

So out of curiosity, I googled him and it came up in Troy, MI (the town next to me!):

John McGee
Troy, MI, US
Recent patents listed:
20070125451 - Stable, thin-film organic passivates

An aqueous liquid passivate composition for treating metal surfaces having dispersed therein solid particles which result in a transparent or translucent, preferably colorless, corrosion resistant coating, upon drying of the aqueous liquid passivate composition, the coating providing better resistance to heating by solar energy than the untreated metal surface at lower coating thicknesses than paint.

This came up in Wyoming:

Patent Number: 1858394 Click here to view patent at USPTO
Title: PROCESS FOR TREATING HYDROCARBON OILS
Assignee: Standard Oil Company
Issue Date: May 17, 1932
Inventor(s): Thomas S. Cooke, New York, NY
Sterling H. Diggs, Casper, WY
John M. McGee, Casper, WY

Sounds weird. And nothing to do with a kitchen product.

You are the Google queen! I knew it was fishy but I never thought to look it up.....I didn't get him as a HO lead. I am going to send it to corporate and not even answer him. Gonna report that as spam.....but keep a copy for myself.

Good thinking.I google everyone. Well, not EVERYONE! But I'm single so I've learned to google people to know who I'm going out with when I meet someone. Comes really in handy.Scary part of it is that I told a friend I was googling my dates and she googled a guy she had just gone on a first date with and found out he is a registered sex offender! YIKES! Needless to say, there weren't any more dates!

finley1991 said:
Good thinking.

I google everyone. Well, not EVERYONE! But I'm single so I've learned to google people to know who I'm going out with when I meet someone. Comes really in handy.

Scary part of it is that I told a friend I was googling my dates and she googled a guy she had just gone on a first date with and found out he is a registered sex offender! YIKES! Needless to say, there weren't any more dates!

OMG!:eek::eek::eek:
I think I will stay safe and begin Google-ing regularly!

If you Google my name you will think I am a Canadian Singer, which of course I am not. Lisa Hewitt

Sounds to me like he's just an inventor...and the patent that is on file is probably not the one he is writing about (he wouldn't have an issue with discussing a previously patented idea, since you could not legally infringe on that anyway).

Probably just something new he is still working on or is in the process of patenting.

I agree with Colleen, though....send him on to HO and wish him luck (he could be a good customer or a recruit someday!).

uh, normally I'm a very trusting person, and he is probably harmless, But if he is looking for someone to bounce ideas what happened to his "focus group". Reminds me of something posted on CS prior, "here little girl, want some candy?" I'd steer clear. IF he is bright enough to develop a product, he'll find a way to market it too.

I am with you 100% Amy...I saw that post on CS too and got the heebie jeebies when I read it. Do you think that because the DS market is mostly women, that there are predators out there using the intermet to seek us out?? I do! Who knows...better safe than sorry!

Just wondering what everyone here is wanting for Christmas. (realistically or not)

Here's what I told DH I'd like:

Gilmore Girls (season 7)
Starbucks gift card
Steering wheel cover
Stocking stuffers (nail files, body puff thingy, lotions, etc)
Certain things done around the house (honey-dos)

If I could get ANYTHING, I'd ask for a laptop, and for DH to quit smoking. The list could be bigger but we'll start with the Most Wanted first!

I really want a Kitchen Aid Mixer in Stainless. I think though that I will get that for my BDay.
Vera Wang Princess Perfume
Sim Societies VG
Clothes

Really though I am so excited to see my husband and children open their gifts. I can buy myself whatever I want during the year...KWIM?

a full time job that i will love with great pay
student loans paid off
work clothes
there is not a whole lot that I want. Usually if there is something that we want we just go and get it.

here's one..money for the new products in the new catty

World peace
For all my friends & family to be healthy and happyFunky socks...
and I can always use more candlesI'm really not all that complicated. LOL..

PC Rolling Tote
Neck Massager
Steering Wheel Cover
Bible Case (I know that I am getting this...I just don't know who it is going to be from)

A MAN!!:D I am not asking for much...lol...but if any of you can play Santa and help me out with this...

I am 27...no kids...never been married...I don't smoke...I drink occasionally...lol.

erinyourpclady said:
I really want a Kitchen Aid Mixer in Stainless. I think though that I will get that for my BDay.
Vera Wang Princess Perfume
Sim Societies VG
Clothes

Really though I am so excited to see my husband and children open their gifts. I can buy myself whatever I want during the year...KWIM?

Yep. I like to get a gift or two, but I would much rather give them then get them.

chefheidi2003 said:
PC Rolling Tote
Neck Massager
Steering Wheel Cover
Bible Case (I know that I am getting this...I just don't know who it is going to be from)

A MAN!!:D I am not asking for much...lol...but if any of you can play Santa and help me out with this...

I am 27...no kids...never been married...I don't smoke...I drink occasionally...lol.

What are the chances that we BOTH need a new steering wheel cover? LOL! What a random thing to ask for on our Christmas lists!

my 17 year old wanted a plasma flat screen tv (or whatever they heck they are called )for the wall in his room. I jokingly said uh, no Santa can only bring 1& I asked first. Last night I realized behind the recliner is this huge box with my name on it from my husband i think he heard me and thought I was serious!!
I didn't ask for anything and if thats what it is, the joke will be on me!!
Like I have time to watch tv, but if thats what it is, i'll spend alot more time in my office :)

Teresa said:
my 17 year old wanted a plasma flat screen tv (or whatever they heck they are called )for the wall in his room. I jokingly said uh, no Santa can only bring 1& I asked first. Last night I realized behind the recliner is this huge box with my name on it from my husband i think he heard me and thought I was serious!!
I didn't ask for anything and if thats what it is, the joke will be on me!!
Like I have time to watch tv, but if thats what it is, i'll spend alot more time in my office :)

When you said that your husband probably thought...

"Wonderful...now I can by myself one and pretend that it is for her"...lol.

Christ Follower said:
What are the chances that we BOTH need a new steering wheel cover? LOL! What a random thing to ask for on our Christmas lists!

I want a fuzzy one...I have a smooth one and it is getting gross.

Christ Follower said:

That's funny... I just bought myself a steering wheel cover. It's fuzzy and warm... and I love it!

Nah, 2 years ago his Christmas present was a 72" DLP but its upstairs in our game room I REFUSED to let it be downstairs. Most nights we watch the news on a small portable hidden in a buffet in the living room.

Our car is new to us (and yet 14 years old) and the steering wheel is DISGUSTING! It's all dirty and even a bit sticky! I even cleaned it really good too. I think a nice fuzzy cover will be the best route to go.

That's how my steering wheel was... sticky especially in the summer. I got my steering wheel cover from Miles Kimball... very reasonably priced (under $10 if I remember correctly) and though it did have to stretch a bit for my Taurus' wheel it made it.

I want the financing to be approved for the house I just went to see. Please PRAY HARD! We need this!!!!

friday said:
I want the financing to be approved for the house I just went to see. Please PRAY HARD! We need this!!!!

YAY!!! That would be some Christmas gift friday!

I'll be praying for you!

My ideal Christmas present??? (And yes, I know I'm highly delusional)

For dh and the kids to clean the whole house top to bottom, bathe the animals, go a whole 24 hours without bickering amongst themselves, and give me a full day free of any household responsibilities (like cooking)

Failing that, I would love a gift certificate for a massage!

friday said:

Where is the house located??

For Christmas I would love my student loans paid off and to have my Dh say we are moving back to UT so we can be closer to family.

a maid lol

Christ Follower said:
Our car is new to us (and yet 14 years old) and the steering wheel is DISGUSTING! It's all dirty and even a bit sticky! I even cleaned it really good too. I think a nice fuzzy cover will be the best route to go.

I really hope you get that.:yuck:

Karaboo2 said:
My ideal Christmas present??? (And yes, I know I'm highly delusional)

For dh and the kids to clean the whole house top to bottom, bathe the animals, go a whole 24 hours without bickering amongst themselves, and give me a full day free of any household responsibilities (like cooking)

Failing that, I would love a gift certificate for a massage!

That's so funny. I always tell my family when they ask what I want is "a clean house & well-behaved children!" It will probably never happen!

My wish list is too long to list!!!

chefheidi2003 said:
PC Rolling Tote
Neck Massager
Steering Wheel Cover

Well...I didn't get the PC Rolling Tote...and I planned to buy it with the $100 that I got from my mom but I decided that I would rather have a Steelers Dan Kreider Jersey so I bought that with the money from my mom...lol...I didn't get the Neck Massager but that is OK....I bought it for myself instead...my sister ordered the Steering Wheel cover for me but it isn't here yet...it is "I Love Lucy"...I love her...and she also bought me a cd holder for my visor that matches the Steering Wheel cover and that is here already...I knew that I was getting my Bible Case and I got that from my brother...my mom also bought me an "I Love Lucy" Watch...My cousin bought me Socks...I love cool socks...my favorite pair says "Why can't I be Rich instead of Good Looking"....My aunts also bought me some socks...As for the last thing on my wish list...if you read Heidi Rocks you will see how that one is going for me...I AM WORKING ON IT...

One of our drivers bought everyone in the office a $50 gift card for Walmart...and I wanted to buy something that I want and not something that I need...so I am going to buy Season's 1 & 2 of Grey's Anatomy...Season 1 was a very short season so that one is only $19.97...the other one is about $48 so I will have to pay for most of Season 1 out of my own pocket but that is ok...I will eventually buy Season 3 as well...but I am not getting any of them until I have this basement cleaned...

Christ Follower said:
Here's what I told DH I'd like:

Gilmore Girls (season 7)
Starbucks gift card
Steering wheel cover
Stocking stuffers (nail files, body puff thingy, lotions, etc)
Certain things done around the house (honey-dos)

If I could get ANYTHING, I'd ask for a laptop, and for DH to quit smoking. The list could be bigger but we'll start with the Most Wanted first!

Well I ended up getting the Gilmore Girls and watched ALL 20 episodes in about 2 days!

I bought myself the starbucks card.

I did get the steering wheel cover so all in all it worked out pretty nicely for me! LOL!

1. What is a "household product" that the person is interested in discussing?

The sender does not provide specific details about the product, as they are trying to keep it confidential. They mention that it solves a problem that is present in 50-80% of households, particularly in the kitchen.

2. What is the purpose of the nondisclosure agreement (NDA)?

The sender asks the recipient to sign an NDA to ensure that they will not try to replicate the product themselves or share information about it with others.

3. What was the response from the 50 people who were interviewed about the product?

About 80% of the people interviewed expressed interest in the product and stated they would likely purchase it. Some even wanted to buy it immediately, thinking it was already in production.

4. How does the sender believe the product would fit into Pampered Chef's line of products?

The sender believes the product would be a good fit for Pampered Chef, as it has application in many households and could potentially sell millions within a few years. They also mention that it is inexpensive to manufacture and can be patented worldwide.

5. Is the sender looking to meet with the recipient to discuss the product?

Yes, the sender is looking to meet with the recipient to get their input on the product and how it could fit into Pampered Chef's line. They mention that they have a meeting with an investor coming up and would like the recipient's input before then.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • traci davis
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies