• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will the new Knight Rider live up to the hype?

I forget his name watch it.I noticed the car was a Mustang and thought it was odd did they did use the same type car.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I just saw the commercial for Knight Rider airing on February 17th...

Interesting...

We were talking about that at lunch today. I forgot who my friend said was the new guy (I think she said someone from All My Children), but this time the car is supposed to be a Mustang, I think. I haven't seen the commercials yet. I used to like that show - and David Hasselhoff......that was then.....

I saw a commercial the other night too! All the shows seem to be making comebacks...Bionic Woman, American Gladiators, The Terminator series (well, I guess that was based on the movies, but brings back memories anyway!) ...what's next??

Another remake of Beau Geste.
51YJPXEH93L._SS500_.jpg

Last edited:
Just this description is enough to make one retch..."Based on the 1982 series of the same name, a lone crime fighter battles the forces of evil with the help of his indestructible and artificially intelligent car..."Well, at least this time, they've got a decent car. Maybe they'll get some decent actors, too. The only part of the old series that I liked was William Daniels. (My favorite roll played by William Daniels was as John Adams in 1776 and as the arrogant, Dr. Mark Craig, the caustic cardiologist on St. Elsewhere. He refused credit for Knight Rider 2000 in 1991, I wonder if it was because it stunk?)

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/baychef_album/hassle.jpg
Speaking of retching and David Hasslehoff!! (sorry...couldn't resist!):rolleyes:

Those kinda go hand in hand.Or lunch in hand, anyway.

The remakes are not any good. They just ruin the original series'. Look what happened to Charlies Angels, The Dukes, and Starsky and Hutch. As corny as they were I enjoyed them. Cameron Diaz is no Angel, Daisy Duke was not sleezy, and Starsy and Hutch were actually intelligent people.

Well, in the case of Knight Rider it will be all about the car. I saw an online article comparing the old Kitt with the new one...
http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/4237588.htmlCheck it out... they also compare what each has as far as gadgets and tricks up their tires. I actually think they did a good job with the Mustang Shelby... it looks meatier than the original Kitt and well, the gadgets are groovier too. What's interesting too is reading the comments below. LOL...

The interview with the kid who drives KITT says it isn't a remake but a continuation.Cool car, though. Thanks for the link!

The interview with the kid who drives KITT says it isn't a remake but a continuation.Cool car, though. Thanks for the link!

A dopple-poster, through the magic of technology.That's what I get for driving a Knight Industries Twenty Two & 1/2.

Yeah, I guy at my dad's work years ago had a "KITT" car - it was KITT with some of the realistic features and the voice, but not the rest. It was cool, but not that impressive.

Thanks a LOT. Now I have that lousy theme song stuck in my head. :grumpy:

All the comments on that site are just too, too funny. I don't care what car they use. The original was the car of the day and the Mustang seems to be the car of today. My teenage son begs every day for one. He is always complaining about seeing "old" people driving a mustang trying to look cool...LOL We will have to forget the movie is a remake/continuation of the old Knight Rider and concentrate on the movie. We can't make a decision on whether or not it is a good movie by comparing it to the old tv show. The new Dukes of Hazzard was a disaster in my opinion because I didn't like the movie. The same with Starsky and Hutch...I can't stand to watch people act so stupid. And as far as the new Charlies Angel movies I didn't like any of the characters except Boz. I don't know maybe it is because I am older and my choice of movies have changed...I remember as a child loving to watch Donnie and Marie and Sonny and Cher. When I watch the reruns of Sonny and Cher I think "why did I ever like this stuff". The kids all seem to love the remakes and they are the ones going to the movies every weekend.

I saw that last night too! I will have to check it out. I do not think anything can be as good as the original but I will be checking it out.

I noticed the car was a Mustang and thought it was odd did they did use the same type car.

I hope it is a good clean show for kids to be able to watch. I was so disappointed with the Dukes of Hazard movie - no way my son was watching it and no way would the orginail Dukes and Uncle Jessee do the things in that movie either!:mad: I am so aggravated with tc these days, there is not much of anything decent on there for me to let Luke watch.

jrstephens said:
<snip>I hope it is a good clean show for kids to be able to watch. I was so disappointed with the Dukes of Hazard movie - no way my son was watching it and no way would the orginail Dukes and Uncle Jessee do the things in that movie either!:mad: I am so aggravated with tc these days, there is not much of anything decent on there for me to let Luke watch.
That's funny that you mention that about Dukes of Hazzard. That show wasn't allowed on in my house growing up because it furthered negative stereotypes and was not wholesome entertainment. If the movie was even worse, I can't imagine how bad it must have been.

chefann said:
If the movie was even worse, I can't imagine how bad it must have been.

Well, let me put it this way Willie Nelson "lit up" in the "Out House!":mad:

Shawnna said:
All the comments on that site are just too, too funny. I don't care what car they use. The original was the car of the day and the Mustang seems to be the car of today.

I don't think the TransAm was the car of the day, in fact, it was pretty much a sheep in wolf's clothing. I suspect Pontiac Motor Division paid dearly to help put a 60 minute television commercial on NBC once a week.

What other muscle car is there these days? Pontiac doesn't offer much to that market these days - I can't see KITT being a Vibe or a fordor. Actually, the Mustang that they're using isn't even out yet, but I suspect FoMoCo was quite cooperative to have their car used in the show.

Oh, IMHO, the old Knight Rider jumped the shark in the third season when they redid KITT with that absolutely ludicrous "super pursuit mode" with the spoilers that came out of the fenders and the deck lid. It just looked - stupid - and the laws of physics pretty much dictate the top end speed of an automobile, something the producers just sort of ignored.

Related to Will the new Knight Rider live up to the hype?

What is "Knight Rider Is Back?"

"Knight Rider Is Back" is a new television series that is a continuation of the original "Knight Rider" series that aired in the 1980s. It follows the story of Michael Knight's son, who takes on the mantle of the iconic crime-fighting hero.

When does "Knight Rider Is Back" air?

The first episode of "Knight Rider Is Back" is set to air on [insert date]. It will be available to watch on [insert channel or streaming service].

Is David Hasselhoff returning for "Knight Rider Is Back?"

Yes, David Hasselhoff is returning as a guest star in the new series. He will reprise his role as Michael Knight and will appear in multiple episodes.

Are any other original cast members returning for "Knight Rider Is Back?"

Aside from David Hasselhoff, there have been rumors of other original cast members making appearances in the new series. However, nothing has been confirmed yet.

Can I watch "Knight Rider Is Back" if I haven't seen the original series?

While it may enhance your viewing experience to have seen the original series, "Knight Rider Is Back" can be enjoyed by both new and old fans alike. The new series will have a fresh storyline and can stand on its own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
candiejayne
Replies