• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Ready to Rev Your Engines: Knight Rider Movie Review"

cheesy or anything. I don't remember the music from the original show, so I can't compare.The Knight Rider Movie is a new series that is airing on ABC. It is not the same show as the old one that aired on NBC. The acting was not great, but it was much better than the original. We are car people and didn't have any problems with the car. We are not big fans of the home makeover show, so there often isn't much of anything for us to watch on Sunday evening. If that's when they're planning to run this, we'll probably watch.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
The Knight Rider Movie?

I might...just to see what it is like. Gives me something to keep my attention while working on PC stuff...

My ED is doing a booking blitz tonight, but I just don't like to bug my customers on a Sunday night. Saturday yes, but not Sunday.

DH says he hates the car already...my brother has a Mustang Cobra Convertible but it looks a heck of a lot better than this one (he has a '98)...

Anyway, it should be interesting...

UMMM, no. Didn't want you to think your thread was being ignored. Not many responded to my Nascar thread, either. Must not be as popular as football. At least you have an excuse for talking about t.v. Your family is sick. We're all healthy. We're watching Extreme Home Makeover.

JAE said:
UMMM, no. Didn't want you to think your thread was being ignored. Not many responded to my Nascar thread, either. Must not be as popular as football. At least you have an excuse for talking about t.v. Your family is sick. We're all healthy. We're watching Extreme Home Makeover.

OOOH - forgot that was on! Last week's was really good!

I like EHM, but they seem to be dragging them out. I'm guessing ABC is choosing to run it two hours each week because there isn't anything else to air, right now. Hopefully, now that the strike is over, they will bring back other shows. That way we can send the kiddos to bed because we can't let them watch the normal 9 pm show.

I'm recording it on my DVR for my DH. Is it a movie or a series? I assumed it was a new series coming back, but my DH called it a movie too so I'm sure you're right.

We usually watch "the building show" each week, but have told the kids it wasn't on for the last few weeks because they have been 2 hour ones that don't get over until 10p. My kids can't stay up that late on a school night. But since there is no school tomorrow, we watched the whole thing.

And back to Janet's original question... nope. Honestly forgot it was even on.

I tuned in for about 5 minutes to "Knight Rider" just to see. I thought the acting was pretty bad! I LOVED that show when it was on before and I was a lot younger. I was most impressed by the car! I love Mustangs! This is going to be a series, isn't it? If so I don't see it doing too well. There aren't any big names in it, are there? I didn't even watch long enough to see if it's the same cool "Knight Rider" music.

We watched it. I thought it was pretty good. I was expecting horrible and awful, but I liked it. We will continue to tune in unless it gets too bad. ha!

It was pretty good and the guy playing Mike is nice eye candy. :D

Can't say Mike is my kind of eye candy, but The Furry Guy and I enjoyed the show. I fell asleep about halfway through and had to finish watching it this morning. I made a comment before falling into my nightly coma about being glad they didn't do some cheesy cameo with David Hasselhoff. I obviously spoke too soon. The acting wasn't great, but it was much better than the original. We aren't necessarily car people, so we don't have issues with whether or not it's a cool car. We aren't really big fans of the home makeover show, so there often isn't much of anything for us to watch on Sunday evening. If that's when they're planning to run this, we'll probably watch. (And, no, we don't have cable or satellite. We rely on an old-school antenna, so our tv options are limited.)

The b/f & I watched it last night. We didn't see all of it because he insisted on flipping between it and Cast Away. We definitely are car people. The b/f is a Ford mechanic with a 93 mustang. IMO the car was better looking than Mike. :love: Although when I was in high school I told people that my date was my b/f's car, not him! LoL!! Can't say I wish I was back in high school, but I sure do wish he still had that car!! :rolleyes:

All I know is that it's on the DVR :)

Hmmm, we watched for about 5 minutes.....we just weren't interested enough to keep watching.....we both ended up reading instead. (We are just the epitome of excitement here!:D )

I did think old KITT has more personality to the voice than the new KITT...

Funny, I like the new voice better. It didn't strike me as quite as cheesy as the old one.

I think he was cute. Not the type I usually find attractive but cute in kind of a boyish way I guess. Certainly better than some of the guys on tv now. I detest Fords because I've had nothing but bad luck with them but the car was pretty nice. I'd take it if they gave me one and I entered the sweepstakes just so they can. lol

I knew there'd be a cameo but at least they kept it to the end of the show. Much better than having him come on halfway into the show and try to 'help'. Since he told Mike he hoped he'd see him again, I'm sure he'll be popping on and off. Actually, at the part they showed the beach, I thought they were going to have him run across in his Baywatch role. lol

All in all, not a bad show. Like you said Rae, not much to choose from on Sunday nights anyway. Even with satellite and 200+ channels. lol Especially now that football's over.

H DVR'd it, but we haven't watched it yet.

Edward Mulhare (Devin Miles) on the original show, and William Daniels (the voice of KITT) were the only two known actors on the original show. It was kinda fun, but in the third season, when they gave KITT the super-pursuit mode with all that extra goofy hardware and spoilers, the show jumped the shark. There are certain laws of physics that cannot be overcome by spoilers and extended fenders.The new KITT does have a colder and more computer-like voice (Val Kilmer) but remember, this is a more computer-savvy and technology sophisticated audience than the first show had.

I'm wondering if they will bring back KARR in this series when they start it (assuming they will go beyond the movie and do that...).

RebelChef said:
It was pretty good and the guy playing Mike is nice eye candy. :D

He used to play Jamie on All My Children.

Caroline

It's on tonight - I guess this is the rerun from last week. Anyhow, I'm sucked-in. Is this going to be another series, or just a movie?

It smells like a series, doesn't it?

Related to Get Ready to Rev Your Engines: Knight Rider Movie Review"

What is "Get Ready to Rev Your Engines: Knight Rider Movie Review"?

"Get Ready to Rev Your Engines: Knight Rider Movie Review" is a review of the 2008 made-for-TV movie based on the popular 1980s TV series "Knight Rider". It follows the story of Mike Traceur, the estranged son of original Knight Rider, Michael Knight, as he teams up with the talking car, KITT, to take down a corrupt government agency.

Who stars in "Get Ready to Rev Your Engines: Knight Rider Movie Review"?

The movie stars Justin Bruening as Mike Traceur, Deanna Russo as Sarah Graiman, and Val Kilmer as the voice of KITT. It also features guest appearances by original "Knight Rider" cast members David Hasselhoff and William Daniels.

Is "Get Ready to Rev Your Engines: Knight Rider Movie Review" a faithful adaptation of the original series?

No, the movie takes some creative liberties and updates the story for a modern audience. However, it still pays homage to the original series and includes some familiar elements, such as the iconic car and theme song.

What are the main criticisms of "Get Ready to Rev Your Engines: Knight Rider Movie Review"?

Some viewers have criticized the movie for deviating too much from the original series and having a weak plot. Others have also pointed out inconsistencies and technical errors in the action scenes.

Overall, is "Get Ready to Rev Your Engines: Knight Rider Movie Review" worth watching?

It depends on personal preference and expectations. If you're a fan of the original series, you may be disappointed by the changes. However, if you're looking for a fun, action-packed movie with a nostalgic twist, then it may be worth a watch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
chefann