• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mystery Host Show: I Need Your Opinion

In summary, it would be helpful to follow up with guests, and try to keep the open house shorter (maybe 6-8pm).
MissChef
Gold Member
Again, I wasn't sure where to put this thread, but I figured that I'd be doing the show to increase my sales and to help me reach December's consultant incentives. So here is where I chose to post this thread!
I want to hear from you all that have done Mystery Host, Host/Customer Appreciation, Open Houses, shows where we do them in our homes and invite all or well a lot of our hosts and preferred customers.
Okay so my question is: How many people here have done one or more of these shows on a week night? And what was it like? Was it successful, was it worth it?
Here is my dilema, I have done MANY mystery host/host appreciation/season's kickoff shows in my home, but I have NEVER done one during the week, it has always been on a Saturday evening. I have always had GREAT success with these shows on the weekend. But my problem is that I haven't done a show like this in the last 2 years because my husband had asked that I don't do them anymore, at least not while our house needed some attention! Our carpets and floors were in bad shape. Well, we have accomplished everything but our bathroom floor. He also didn't like it when I did them because I would kick him and the kids out of the house for most of the day! If we had a bigger home, I never would do that but we don't and they just don't know how to see me here and not expect me to everything I normally do with them! LOL! :rolleyes: Well, my hubby is out of town right now and will be gone next week too and I was thinking about trying to organize a show in 10 days and do it on Thursday night, he won't come home until Friday night. But I'm nervous that I won't get the attendance that I use to get! And I don't want to go through the effort, if it's not going to be worth it! I will have my kids here with me, but I think that would be okay, because I would have the 6 hours they would be in school that day to get ready for it.
So I want to know who has done it during the week and would it be worth it to me and at this time of the year would it be better to make it an open house 6-8:30 of make it a set time of 6:00 and not really do a demo but tell people about the upcoming specials to book January and February and promote holiday gift giving and catalog shows for December? Please help me decide quick because I have been going back and forth in my mind all weekend. I want to, but I'm nervous about a week day show, because I need it to be worth my time!~
Any thoughts, advice and words of wisdom from those that have done this, would be welcome!:D :balloon:

Last edited:
I do an annual "host appreciation" night - to kick off the Fall Season. I always do mine on a weeknight......because I do it in August, and don't know how many I would get to attend on a weekend.

I always have a great turnout - but I market it as something special, just for my hosts and their guests.....and I do lots of giveaways and freebies (Save up all my stuff all year for this event).
The biggest thing I can say for success is FOLLOW UP! I do an email invitation, and then a written invitation (This year, had them made up with Vistaprint) and then a reminder phone call.

So NO one else has any advice? I really would appreciate it! And thanks Becky for your advice, I appreciate it much!;) :balloon:

Sorry - I've always done mine on Sunday afternoons. I don't know why it WOULDN'T work on a weeknight, though. That's when a lot of our hosts have shows and they're successful. Again, the biggest thing would be to make sure you personally invite everyone. Also, how old are your kids? Can you put them to work? My 7 year old hands out catalogs and order forms to the guests. This year, I had both kids home during my open house, so I hired a neighbor to help me out, just in case. She ended up entering most of my orders for me so that I could visit/help guests. My open house went from 1-3:30, with a short demo at 2 (that's how I worded it on my invitations). It worked out perfectly.

Good luck - I think you can make it work!

I've always had mine during the week. 6:30 - 8:30. However, I've always done mine at the end of a season/beginning of a new season and used that as well. New recipes, new products, last chance at retired products. I never do a demo. Too crazy for me. It's enough to greet them at the door, mingle with guests, answer questions and take orders. I just have three or four recipes made for them to enjoy with product to view. I share it as a 'come when you can, leave when you must' type evening.

Of course LOTS of incentives to purchase and even more to book. You could go with the gift idea/shop from your seat theme. I also do LOTS of draws and give away tons. Tickets for RSVP, bringing a guest, SHOWING UP ;) LOL, placing an order, more for bookings etc. Hourly draws, with the host benefits given away at the end of the evening after sales are tallyed.

I've never done one this time of year simply because I don't have the time. And I can't get people who want to host or even to attend shows due to the craziness of the season so I hesitate personally to waste my time. My November is always great and my January is not too bad (4 or so shows) but this is my third December with nothing!!

So as far as weeknights go, why not? Most (90%) of my shows are on weeknights. You'll know from the response (or lack thereof) whether or not it's going to happen and be worth your time and effort. No responses, don't bother. Just follow up, follow up, follow up and make it seem EXCITING and SIMPLE for gift ideas and a relaxing night out! Maybe even offer delivery (by you) to their door with their orders and perhaps gift wrapping as well?

Good luck and let us know what you decide and how you make out.

Hey Cathy,

I just did mine last Wednesday. In fact I hold it the Wednesday after Thanksgiving every year. I give away a ton of freebies (over $400 this year, save up all year long) and they get tickets for various things. I've been selling for almost 3 years and my first year was mainly family and my sales were $750, last year they were $1836 and this year they were $1177. Not bad if I didn't put the show together myself!

One thing I recommend is giving them tickets for bringing a dish. I've attached my invite for you and I ONLY email it out. I get some Rsvp's through email but the key is following up through the phone. You MUST make the calls.

I also have the show in my home but my hubby also asked to not have it here this year because our carpets are terrible and he wants to tile. So I looked around and the mall has a community room. I called and it was only $50 :eek: I told her to sign me up right away!! I didn't have to clean my house but the trouble I found was I was so afraid of forgetting something at home. It worked out because parking was not a nightmare and people could go to the mall before or after the party and get some shopping done there as well.

I say GO FOR IT but make sure you market yourself and give it a ton of hype!! :D Good Luck!

Attachments

• Mystery Host INVITE good.doc
    105.5 KB · Views: 620
Are you going to do it Cathy or have you done it?

1. What is a Mystery Host Show?

A Mystery Host Show is a unique event where the host's identity is kept secret until the end of the show. Guests are invited to participate by purchasing products and giving their opinions on different products in order to earn entries into a drawing to become the mystery host.

2. How does the Mystery Host Show work?

During the show, guests will have the opportunity to try out and give their honest opinions on different Pampered Chef products. For each opinion given, guests will earn an entry into the drawing to become the mystery host. At the end of the show, the mystery host will be randomly selected and will receive all the benefits of being a host, including free and discounted products!

3. Can I still earn rewards if I don't become the mystery host?

Yes! All guests who participate in the Mystery Host Show will have the chance to earn rewards through our Host Rewards program. The more products you purchase and opinions you give, the more rewards you can earn!

4. How long does a Mystery Host Show typically last?

The length of a Mystery Host Show can vary, but it typically lasts around 2 hours. This allows enough time for guests to try out products and give their opinions, as well as for the drawing to take place at the end.

5. Can I invite friends to the Mystery Host Show even if they are not familiar with Pampered Chef?

Absolutely! The more the merrier. The Mystery Host Show is a fun and interactive event for everyone, regardless of their familiarity with Pampered Chef. It's a great opportunity for friends to try out new products and potentially earn rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amgreen66
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • MaryannNic