• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will the 12 Generation Skillet Lid Fit the Executive Skillet?

In summary, the 12" lid for the Generation Skillet will fit the 12" Executive Skillet, but the lid for the Executive Skillet may not fit the Gen II Skillet.
KellyRedHead
I have a customer that has the 12" lid that went to the 12" Generation Skillet.

She wants to purchase the 12" Executive Skillet to replace the Generation skillet. I want to know if the lid to the Generation will fit the Executive skillet or do you guys think it will only fit maybe the Professional skillet?

Any help would be great, I am trying to get this show in tonight.

Thanks-
Kelly

Last edited:
Call HO!I have found that the Executive Lid will fit the professional and vice versa, but I never had any of the Gen II! I would call HO!!:D

My Gen II fits my Executive just fine.

12 inches is 12 inches is 12 inches, if you ask me!

Unfortunately, that's not always true. Some manufacturers measure the bottom of the pan. Others measure the top. If the sides of a pan are the least little bit sloped, lids may not fit.

That said, our 12" skillets have straight sides, so that shouldn't be a problem.

raebates said:

That's funny because mine DIDN'T fit. Well, it "fit" but because the executive has the curved out rim, the lid didn't fit flat on the pan. It wobbles a bit. I tried to use my Gen II lid and save the money of getting the exec. lid but after about a month, I broke down and bought the right lid.

The rim on the Gen II lid is more "vertical" to fit down inside the straight sides of the pan, the exec. rim flares out to fit on the flared rims. If you look at the lids in the catalog you can see that the rims of the lids look different.

It probably all comes down to personal preference and whether you want to spend the money. If I never planned to take my skillet and lid to a show, I probably would have learned to live with the Gen II.

raebates said:

That's funny because mine DIDN'T fit. Well, it "fit" but because the executive has the curved out rim, the lid didn't fit flat on the pan. It wobbles a bit. I tried to use my Gen II lid and save the money of getting the exec. lid but after about a month, I broke down and bought the right lid.

The rim on the Gen II lid is more "vertical" to fit down inside the straight sides of the pan, the exec. rim flares out to fit on the flared rims. If you look at the lids in the catalog you can see that the rims of the lids look different.

It probably all comes down to personal preference and whether you want to spend the money. If I never planned to take my skillet and lid to a show, I probably would have learned to live with the Gen II.

Thanks everyone!

I order the Executive 12" pan, and I guess I will just have to wait and see.

I wasn't sure what one to get, but liked the flared edge on the executive pan and the flatter bottom, so will see, hopefully I won't need a new one.
But will have to get a new lid if I have to.

GeorgiaPeach said:

You're right. The discrepancy never bothered me.

Related to Will the 12 Generation Skillet Lid Fit the Executive Skillet?

What is the "12" Skillet Glass Lid" used for?

The "12" Skillet Glass Lid" is specifically designed to fit a 12-inch skillet from Pampered Chef. It can also be used on other 12-inch skillets from different brands, but it may not fit as perfectly.

Is the "12" Skillet Glass Lid" oven-safe?

Yes, the "12" Skillet Glass Lid" is oven-safe up to 400°F. This makes it convenient for recipes that require stovetop and oven cooking.

Can I use the "12" Skillet Glass Lid" on non-stick skillets?

Yes, the "12" Skillet Glass Lid" is safe to use on non-stick skillets. The glass is scratch-resistant and will not damage the non-stick coating on your cookware.

How do I clean the "12" Skillet Glass Lid"?

The "12" Skillet Glass Lid" is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean. You can also hand wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers to preserve the glass's clarity.

Does the "12" Skillet Glass Lid" come with a warranty?

Yes, the "12" Skillet Glass Lid" comes with a limited lifetime warranty. If there are any defects in materials or workmanship, Pampered Chef will replace it. However, the warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or accidents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bridgetbakes
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies