• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

12" Executive Glass Lid and Gen Ii Skillet Questions

In summary, the customer wants to know if the Executive Glass Lid fits the Generation II Skillet. The rest of us think that it will not fit, but the professional lid might go on, but it won't be a tight snug fit like the right lid would be.
jrstephens
I have a customer that wants to know if the Executive Glass Lid fits the Generation II Skillet? I assume it will, but want to find out from the rest of you.

I don't think it will......the Gen. II cookware does not have the flared no-drip rim like the executive cookware, and I know that the executive lid doesn't fit the professional pan - because I had to return one for a host who bought the wrong one.

I got rid of my Gen II stuff when I upgraded to the exective cookware. If I remember correctly, it fits but not a nice, snug fit...due to the difference in rims. My problem was the opposite. I had the Gen II lid trying to use it on the exec. Ended up purchasing the exec lid :)

Would the professional lid fit better?

She has just bought the 7 piece Executive set and wants the 5 piece set, so, right now she is trying to not to have to buy another skillet with what she has spent already this month. She has two booking benefits that she is using and they are both submitting this weekend.

jrstephens said:
Would the professional lid fit better?

She has just bought the 7 piece Executive set and wants the 5 piece set, so, right now she is trying to not to have to buy another skillet with what she has spent already this month. She has two booking benefits that she is using and they are both submitting this weekend.

No - all of the pans are made differently, and the lids aren't interchangeable.....the professional lid might go on, but it won't be a tight snug fit like the right lid would be.

I know they want fit snug and air tight like they are suppose too. She is just mainly wanting it to have a lid for it in case she needs it jsut for splattering and stuff.

I do not have the Executive lid for my skillet yet, so, mainly I am jsut concerned which one would work the best since I cannot put mine on it to see. I am getting mine through panorama.

How does refunds in 30 days work if she gets it and does not like it? I have never done a refund just exchanges.

jrstephens said:
She is just mainly wanting it to have a lid for it in case she needs it just for splattering and stuff. Would the pref or exec work better you think?

How does refunds in 30 days work if she gets it and does not like it? I have never done a refund just exchanges.

Bump bump ...................

Sell her a splatter screen! :) That'll fit all.

IMO....if she is just looking for a lid to hold in heat and stop splattering...she can use the lid she has. Obviously the skillet and lid that are made for each other would be best but if she isn't picky and isn't looking for a perfect, tight fit. She should be fine. I used the "wrong" lid on my 12" skillet for a while until I could afford the right one.

GeorgiaPeach said:
IMO....if she is just looking for a lid to hold in heat and stop splattering...she can use the lid she has. Obviously the skillet and lid that are made for each other would be best but if she isn't picky and isn't looking for a perfect, tight fit. She should be fine. I used the "wrong" lid on my 12" skillet for a while until I could afford the right one.

She doesn't have a lid at all. She is wanting to order the Prof or Exec lid to use with her Gen II Skillet.

Thanks for the Splatter Screen suggestion Janet. She's wanting to orer an actual lid since she has the 60% off booking benefit.

I use the exec. lid on my Gen. II it is not a tight seal, but it does the job.

Did you guys realize that lid is available as a Replacement Part?

PamperedChefDebi said:

Your post made me burst out laughing!!

Of course we didn't! :eek: That would have been too easy! :rolleyes:

LOL! Well, I ONLY knew because one of my catalog hosts asked me the EXACT same question tonight. But I DID think to check the replacement parts.

I had the Generation pan, put now have the Executive. I use the generation lid on my Executive pan, it isn't tight, but I have never had a problem using it.
I don't take the lid to shows, just the pan. I hope to get the correct lid eventually, but for now it works.

HTH-
Kelly

PamperedChefDebi said:

I never realized this either! I will had to look into this!

thanks!
Kelly V.

She ended up deciding to get the Executive Family Skillet anyway. So, all my thread of debating was for naught. EXCEPT WE DID ALL LEARN IT WAS ON THE REPLACEMENT PART LIST!!! That's great to know I may get it for my mom for Christmas to go with her Gen II.

That's awesome Jennifer!! More Pan-O-Rama points for you!! Yippeeeeeeeee!! :D

SusanBP0129 said:
That's awesome Jennifer!! More Pan-O-Rama points for you!! Yippeeeeeeeee!! :D

My Sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!

Related to 12" Executive Glass Lid and Gen Ii Skillet Questions

1. What are the dimensions of the 12" Executive Glass Lid?

The 12" Executive Glass Lid has a diameter of 12 inches and a height of approximately 2 inches.

2. Is the 12" Executive Glass Lid oven safe?

Yes, the 12" Executive Glass Lid is oven safe up to 400°F (204°C).

3. Can the 12" Executive Glass Lid be used on all stovetop surfaces?

Yes, the 12" Executive Glass Lid is compatible with all stovetop surfaces, including gas, electric, and induction.

4. What is the material of the Gen Ii Skillet?

The Gen Ii Skillet is made of heavy-gauge aluminum for even heat distribution and durability.

5. Is the Gen Ii Skillet dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Gen Ii Skillet is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AZPampered Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • beepampered