• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will my family's pink eye ruin our vacation again?

I just watched Knocked Up and it looks like they got pink eye from contact with the baby's eye. It's so annoying!
Jennie4PC
So yet again we are going on acation and my 3 kids have pink eye. Everytime we want to leave they get sick. They are now on eye drops but it is so annoying

That is annoying!! I'm so sorry but have fun!!!:D

We just went through that in my house too! My son and I both got it. Luckily mine cleared up right befor I left for Chicago

It is a bummer it just seems like when we go down someone gets sick in Nov my kids had cold sores and so we were asked not to go to DH parents house due to a nb and his moms immune system isnt as stong. Luckily we are fighting it all at the same time and we will be at my families house till Wed.

Bummer! I hope they all clear up quickly!

Sorry to hear about that!! My kids and I got pinkeye this past winter and even though my kids got over it with their eye drops, somehow I got reinfected and had to go thru a second round of eye drops!

Make sure you wash all your sheets, pillowcases and blankets after the 3rd day. And keep washing those hands!

Hope you all get better soon...

I know how you feel and it stinks! It's soooo much fun to get eye medication into an 18month old (how old ds was when he had it) although I think the older one was worse!

Get better soon!

I sure hope they get better fast I knew I needed to wash thier stuff but didnt realize it was after 3 days. Which is the day we will be leaving for our trip so it looks like I will be stripping the beds down before we leave and putting them infront of the washer.

and things can only get better right... my son is now complaing of a sore throat. I am hoping it is caused from draining in his nose

... Speaking of pink eye. Anyone watch Knocked Up and see where they got pink eye...?

Jennie4PC said:
So yet again we are going on acation and my 3 kids have pink eye. Everytime we want to leave they get sick. They are now on eye drops but it is so annoying

UH OH... not fun at all.......... I know the feeling though I only have one but still it's a pain in the rump!!! Hope they get better soon!!

Related to Will my family's pink eye ruin our vacation again?

1. What are the symptoms of pink eye in children?

Pink eye, also known as conjunctivitis, is an inflammation of the membrane that covers the white part of the eye and the inner surface of the eyelid. Symptoms may include redness, itchiness, discharge, and crusting around the eyes.

2. How is pink eye in children treated?

The treatment for pink eye depends on the cause. If it is caused by a virus, it will usually clear up on its own within a week or two. Bacterial pink eye can be treated with antibiotic eye drops or ointment. Allergic pink eye can be treated with antihistamine eye drops. It is important to consult a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.

3. How can I prevent my other children from getting pink eye?

Pink eye is highly contagious, so it is important to take precautions to prevent its spread. Make sure your children wash their hands frequently, avoid touching their eyes, and do not share towels, pillows, or other personal items. It is also important to clean and disinfect any surfaces that may have come into contact with the infected child's eye secretions.

4. Can I still send my child to school with pink eye?

It is best to keep your child at home until the pink eye has cleared up. This will not only prevent the spread of the infection to other children, but it will also give your child time to rest and recover. Most schools have policies in place that require children to stay home until the pink eye is no longer contagious.

5. Are there any natural remedies for pink eye in children?

While there is no cure for pink eye, there are some natural remedies that may help alleviate symptoms. These include using a warm compress to soothe the eyes, applying chamomile or green tea bags to the eyes, and using a saline solution to flush out the eyes. However, it is important to consult a doctor before trying any natural remedies, especially for children.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chefsteph07
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • crystalscookingnow