• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will My Cough Ruin My Upcoming Shows?

In summary, Melody has a show tomorrow night and is having a hard time with her cough. She is hoping that prayers will help her get better soon.
chefmelody
Please pray that this cough of mine will calm down enough that I can do my shows! I'm going to the doctor tomorrow because this definitely feels like the bronchitis I had last month coming back, but... I have a show tomorrow night! :( I really need to get up and around so I can have a good show... and I have another Thursday, and another Saturday, so I HAVE to get better fast.

Prayers are most welcome! I really don't want to be coughing through my demo, even if I'm having it be an interactive show and don't touch the food.

Sorry to hear that you are having such a rotten time with your cough and bronchitis. No time is ever a good time especially with the line up of shows you have going this week.

Wish I had an instant cure to send your way, but all I can do is pray for you!

Good luck and feel better real soon! Hope you have gloves to bring to your shows too!

I hope you get better soon!

Oh Melody - I will pray that your cough will calm! Been there, and I know how yuck it is!:yuck:

chefmelody said:
Please pray that this cough of mine will calm down enough that I can do my shows! I'm going to the doctor tomorrow because this definitely feels like the bronchitis I had last month coming back, but... I have a show tomorrow night! :( I really need to get up and around so I can have a good show... and I have another Thursday, and another Saturday, so I HAVE to get better fast.

Prayers are most welcome! I really don't want to be coughing through my demo, even if I'm having it be an interactive show and don't touch the food.

How'd you make out at the doc's? Hopefully your cough will calm down. If not, a little honey may work.. Slippery Elm lozenges can help too... my mom used to have horehound lozenges (no funny remarks TKG!).... really any lozenges may at least help keep the cough at bay...

Good luck and let us know how you make out!

Melody~

Hope you get good news at the drs today! I pray that your cough settles down...mine has been here for about 10 days now, but at least it has calmed down enough that I can sleep (somewhat!) and I made it through my show last Friday with only a few small coughs...no coughing fits! I hope that you do well during your shows too! That is so embarrassing, huh?

Doctor's verdict: bronchitis and a sinus infection. :yuck: Gave me an antibiotic and steroid (Prednisone), so hopefully that'll kick it.

Though I've heard that Prednisone lowers your immune system for awhile after you take it... :(

Praying that you're healed and through with the cough quickly.

chefmelody said:
Doctor's verdict: bronchitis and a sinus infection. :yuck: Gave me an antibiotic and steroid (Prednisone), so hopefully that'll kick it.

Though I've heard that Prednisone lowers your immune system for awhile after you take it... :(

Yes, prednisone does lots of weird things too, even affects your sugar levels.

At least you have some meds to help you feel better faster. Take care and hope to hear that the cough is gone real soon.

Ugh - I feel your pain - literally! I'm on the same things - Augmentin and Prednisone for cough/sinus infection. I hope we're both feeling better soon! Good luck at your shows! (I've been drinking lots of tea with lemon and honey!)

Feel better, Cathy!

Your welcome! I've been fighting sinus headaches all day today with the everchanging weather, just got a weather alert on my computer that strong snow squalls are approaching. Just when we finally got the parking lot and walkway nice and clean again around here!

I can't afford to get sick right now and hope that I don't get what is going around.

Ugh - feel better soon, too, Harriet, and hang in there with that crummy weather. Glad I'm not up that far north! ((HUGS))!

Well, I made it through my show tonight with only a few coughs, though my voice was pretty raspy. The guests were all very sympathetic and helped out a lot with the recipe and even washed my dishes for me. (I wasn't even paying attention, I was taking orders!)

Yay! Glad to hear you made it through okay. I hope the meds start working and you're perfectly fine for the rest of your shows this week!

Thanks! Also hope you feel better too, Cathy, and you too Harriet! I'll say prayers for you both.

cathyskitchen said:
Ugh - feel better soon, too, Harriet, and hang in there with that crummy weather. Glad I'm not up that far north! ((HUGS))!

Thanks, Cathy! Good news the snow squalls went south of us!!!!!!

chefmelody said:
Well, I made it through my show tonight with only a few coughs, though my voice was pretty raspy. The guests were all very sympathetic and helped out a lot with the recipe and even washed my dishes for me. (I wasn't even paying attention, I was taking orders!)

That is great that you survived tonight's show with help. Hope you had good sales too with your efforts! Hope the rest of the week's shows are easier for you too!

Thanks for the prayers, I think you need them more than I do at this moment. The pain has lessened!

1. Why is it important to avoid coughing during shows?

It is important to avoid coughing during shows because it can be distracting to both the presenter and the audience. It can also disrupt the flow of the presentation and make it difficult for everyone to hear and understand the information being shared.

2. What are some ways to prevent coughing during shows?

One way to prevent coughing during shows is to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water before and during the presentation. Avoiding irritants such as smoke and strong scents can also help. Additionally, practicing good hygiene and washing your hands frequently can help prevent coughing due to illness.

3. Can I bring cough drops to a show?

Yes, you are welcome to bring cough drops to a show if you feel you may need them. However, we recommend avoiding chewing or sucking on them during the presentation as this can also be distracting to others.

4. What should I do if I do cough during a show?

If you do happen to cough during a show, it's best to try to do so quietly and cover your mouth with a tissue or your hand. Excusing yourself to get a drink of water or use the restroom can also help minimize disruptions to the presentation.

5. Are there any products from Pampered Chef that can help with coughing during shows?

While we do not have specific products designed to help with coughing during shows, our line of teas and infusers can provide soothing relief for a scratchy throat. Additionally, our cutting boards and knives make it easy to prepare throat-coating foods like honey and lemon for a quick remedy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 2crazyboys
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Chef Michelle D
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies