• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pregnant with Bronchitis: Coughing but Not Contagious

In summary, the speaker is pregnant and has been feeling sick but it is not contagious. However, she suspects she has bronchitis and is worried about having a coughing fit during her show. Others suggest having the hostess help with food preparation and using cough drops and water during the show. Another person shares a story about doing a party while sick and having guests help with demonstrations. The speaker has also had a sick party before and used precautions to prevent spreading illness. They are hoping their cough will improve before their next show.
2crazyboys
or at least looking sick. I'm pregnant right now and haven't been feeling great but it isn't contagious :) I'm also pretty sure I have bronchitis. I have a dry cough that I've had for weeks that I can't seem to get rid of but it's just in my lungs. I don't have any other symptoms and I'm certain I'm not contagious anymore.

Most of the time I don't cough that much at all I'm just hoping I don't have a coughing fit in the middle of my show tonight. No one will want to eat the food!

You could have the hostess help prep the recipie and you do all the talking...or I have done an air demo at shows before.

Make sure you have a glass of water handy and take sips throughout your show. Have some halls cough drops, too just in case!

Hope all goes well!

I've got to tell you about my "sick" party! I was out the night before....it was a bachelorette party and I drank A LOT (I'm not a big drinker)! Well, anyway, I was hung over...bad! I actually never have had to cancel a party because of being sick. I told my DH that I wanted to cancel it but just couldn't! So as bad as I felt, I went! There was a lot of food at this one and the host kept telling me...."have something to eat." I said, "No, I usually don't eat at my parties...I leave the food for the guests." (only because I felt like puking!) Well, I just made it through the show. Got in my van and headed on down the road. Pulled over about two streets away and threw up! I finally got home and was still throwing up! My DH said, "You REALLY were sick!" I can't believe that he didn't think I was! LOL! Anyway, it was not a great show but better than I thought it would have been!

But I agree...for your condition......sip on some water....it will help.

I did a party sick once (knock on wood!!!) ~ what I did was I told them I didn't want to contaminate their food (of course, virus are AIRBORNE! LOL) so I need volunteers to help me out...it turned out to be a FUN party for them...been doing that since!...not sick, but having THEM demo the stuff!

Ginny

I should have done that. I had trouble getting anyone to participate last night and the host was really irritated at her husband and was annoyed that people canceled at the last minute. I have another show tomorrow so I'm hoping that the cough will go away by then.

I have had one sick party too. Nasty sinus thing that is so typical over here in Germany with the everchanging weather! Everyone understood. I made sure to blow my nose alot before I began (in the bathroom of course) and washed my hands extra thoroughly. I used ALOT of Purell Antibacterial stuff throughout the show and touched very little food myself. I had them do almost everything. No one seemed to mind at all and it turned out fine!

Related to Pregnant with Bronchitis: Coughing but Not Contagious

1. Can I continue to attend Pampered Chef parties if I am pregnant with bronchitis?

It is generally safe to continue attending Pampered Chef parties while pregnant with bronchitis. However, it is important to listen to your body and take breaks as needed. It may also be helpful to bring your own hand sanitizer and avoid sharing utensils or food with others to reduce the risk of spreading germs.

2. Is it safe for me to handle Pampered Chef products while pregnant with bronchitis?

As long as you take proper precautions, it is safe to handle Pampered Chef products while pregnant with bronchitis. Be sure to wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face to prevent the spread of germs. You may also want to consider wearing a face mask while handling products if your coughing is severe.

3. Can I use Pampered Chef products to help alleviate my bronchitis symptoms?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of cooking and baking tools that can be helpful for preparing warm, soothing meals and drinks to help alleviate bronchitis symptoms. However, it is important to consult with your doctor before using any remedies or products to ensure they are safe for you and your pregnancy.

4. How can I continue to work for Pampered Chef while pregnant with bronchitis?

If you are feeling up to it, you can continue working for Pampered Chef while pregnant with bronchitis. However, it is important to prioritize your health and take breaks as needed. You may also want to discuss any concerns with your supervisor and see if there are any accommodations that can be made.

5. Can I take time off from work at Pampered Chef if my bronchitis becomes too severe?

If your bronchitis becomes too severe and affects your ability to work, it is important to communicate with your supervisor at Pampered Chef. They may be able to offer accommodations or allow you to take time off to rest and recover. It is always best to prioritize your health and seek medical attention if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmelody
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
Replies