• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Cooking Show Success: 2 Bookings & $200 in Outside Orders!

In summary, My first cooking show was fun, but I am glad it's over. I know I forgot to mention several things, but I'm sure it will get easier over time. There were 6 guests and 1 placed an order.
ahammons
My first cooking show was scheduled for Wednesday, but I was sick on Tuesday so we rescheduled for yesterday. (I had a stomach bug, so I called my doctor to double check that I wouldn't be contagious. :) ) I had fun, but I am glad it's over!! lol I know I forgot to mention several things, but I'm sure it will get easier over time. There ended up being 6 guests - only 1 placed an order at the show, but the others are getting their orders to my host by this weekend. She has about $200 in outside orders right now...with about 4-5 people who still want to place orders. But I'm really excited b/c I got 2 bookings! :D
We did a Coldstone at home show... it was fun, but I don't think I'll do another one like that for quite a while! My friend wanted a variety of things to add to the ice cream, so the guests could choose what they wanted. Well, they only picked things that showed off a couple of the products - then they made the host mix all the ice cream for them!! lol

awesome job ashlee! and with being sick you did great! i hope you are feeling better though! 2 bookings is awesome for your first show!! congratulations

i've always wanted to try that theme show, maybe next time just do certain things, and say we have x amoutn of choices, and all must be used up! that way you get all the prodcuts shown? any tips on how to do that show would be great to share though :)

Sounds like a good show anyways. Getting the first out of the way is a good feeling isn't it.

I remember you and your kids were sick. I'm glad you're all doing better!!

Great job for your first show!!! Two bookings is amazing. Don't worry about the things you forgot. My director told me to always remember that they don't know you forgot something or that you called something by the wrong name. You're the only person that knows. Great job!!!

ahammons said:
My first cooking show was scheduled for Wednesday, but I was sick on Tuesday so we rescheduled for yesterday. (I had a stomach bug, so I called my doctor to double check that I wouldn't be contagious. :) ) I had fun, but I am glad it's over!! lol I know I forgot to mention several things, but I'm sure it will get easier over time. There ended up being 6 guests - only 1 placed an order at the show, but the others are getting their orders to my host by this weekend. She has about $200 in outside orders right now...with about 4-5 people who still want to place orders. But I'm really excited b/c I got 2 bookings! :D
We did a Coldstone at home show... it was fun, but I don't think I'll do another one like that for quite a while! My friend wanted a variety of things to add to the ice cream, so the guests could choose what they wanted. Well, they only picked things that showed off a couple of the products - then they made the host mix all the ice cream for them!! lol

Great job on your first show!! :thumbup:
I would just stick with the same recipe for your first couple of shows, then when you are used to doing shows, change it up with theme shows.:)

Great job on your first show!

If your host ever wants an ice cream show, one that is super easy and shows a ton of products is an Ice Cream Social show. You make a hot topping (either bananas foster or Pecan Caramel Sauce- YUM!) and then do other "toppings" using our tools. I will attach the info here!

Attachments

• Ice cream social demo ideas.doc
    34 KB · Views: 343
  • Ice Cream Social Ingredient List.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 305
Thanks everyone! It's definitely a great feeling to get it over with! :) I will be sticking with one recipe a month from now on - I only did the ice cream show, because the host is a good friend.
Kelly, the Pecan carmel sauce sounds so good!! Thanks for the ideas!

The host just called me b/c she got another order that puts her over $300 so far. She's so excited - me too! We're not closing until Monday, so I'm hoping she does well enough to get all of her wish list items.

What are some tips for having a successful first cooking show?

To have a successful first cooking show, it's important to prepare and plan ahead. Make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and tools, and practice the recipes beforehand. Also, engage with your audience and make the experience interactive and fun.

How can I get bookings and outside orders at my first cooking show?

One way to get bookings and outside orders is to offer incentives, such as discounts or free products, for guests who book a show or place an outside order. You can also ask your guests to invite their friends to the show or share your catalog with them.

What is the best way to present Pampered Chef products during a cooking show?

The best way to present Pampered Chef products is to demonstrate how they are used in the recipes you are making. Show the guests the benefits and features of each product and how it can make their cooking experience easier and more enjoyable.

How much can I expect to earn from my first cooking show?

The amount you earn from your first cooking show will vary depending on the number of guests and their purchases. On average, hosts earn $200 in free products and discounts, and consultants earn 25% commission on all sales.

What are some ways to follow up with guests after a cooking show?

You can follow up with guests by sending a thank-you note or email, and offering them a special deal or promotion. You can also ask for feedback and if they would be interested in hosting a show or placing an order. Another idea is to add them to your contact list for future shows and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
CAPCnewbie
  • dessertMama
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • JennLizFran