• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will It Ever Stop Snowing in Arkansas?

In summary, the conversation is about the weather in Arkansas and how it's snowing. The expert thinks that it's not too bad because she has traveled to Arkansas before and has seen snow there. She also thinks that Branson is very congested because of the snow.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
I'm in Harrison, Arkansas. I'm supposed to go to Branson, a distance of about 28 miles. It's gonna take a couple of hours.

Why?

It's SNOWING. In frickin' Arkansas.

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

YU
IM001817.jpg
CK!

Even though it is snowing here in Upstate NY, you can send more over this way ;)

ha ha...that's nothing!!! But of course you know that! You traveled through here during the summer, so you would have missed all our lovely snow! Woke up this morning with an additional 6 inches!!! :D :D :D

Yeah, but this is ARKANSAS grumble grumble grumble

2 hours...in that little of snow???? What do you drive like 2 mph or what? Maybe because of that southern living you just cant drive in the snow...ha ha:D :D :p :p :p

Is is beautiful though! Here is Southern California, we have had some low temps, but I can't get snow here for anything! I just want a little!!!

Not me! I'm a Cheesehead. It's the locals who can't drive in this stuff.(No offense, Arkansas Cheffers, but it's just true.)

If you've never driven in snow and don't have the right equipment, you want to go slowly. What can be hazardous is when people who don't normally have snow think they know how to drive on it!!!!!!

trust me...I know! Most of the accidents in Wyoming are caused by out of staters traveling through! I got passed last night on the highway in a blizzard, I was going about 40...and this Louisanna guy passed me going 75!!! There was black ice and needless to say he rolled his truck about 15 miles past me! I hate seeing those!!:eek:

40 minutes.It wasn't bad when I got outta town and passed Granny Goodwrench.

Send it my way!!! If it snows or ices, I get a day off tomorrow!!

jodistrauss said:
Send it my way!!! If it snows or ices, I get a day off tomorrow!!

LOL, I have family in Snellville, they would love it!

Oh, to have snow in Fulton Alabama. We have not had snow stick here since 2001.

I am in Springdale which is about 1 hour from harrison. We do get snow here quiet a bit so I don't know what their problem was. I can drive fine but when it ices forget about it.

It's only a little snow KG! But good grief, I swear it seems like it's a foot or two. I'm sliding everywhere on an inch or less in the boat I drive! And it's supposed to keep snowing too. I'm with you .............Yuck:(

The traffic in Branson is so jammed, you'd think it was Summer.

Why does it take 2 hours to go just 28 miles? Just wondering because it takes me 40 mins to go that far with 6" of snow here. Maybe I am just used to it here in UT.

Now I'm wondering what you're driving:eek:

A Pontiac owned by Mr. Hertz. It ain't me, folks, it's rookies who can't drive in snow.

So he says again...he ain't no rookie after all he is a cheese head!!:p

Be glad you're not up here by the post. Half the people here really haven't driven in much snow and it shows!

Drivin' in Winter since 1968.

pampermeplease said:
Be glad you're not up here by the post. Half the people here really haven't driven in much snow and it shows!
Fort Lost Inthe Woods? I was there yesterday.

Yep that'd be the place. Lucky you LOL.

Here is Southern California, we have had some low temps, but I can't get snow here for anything! I just want a little!!!

In VICTORVILLE? Good luck on that thought! LOL. Valky

My parents live in Harrison, AR. It really is a small world after all:)

My Father in law lives in Tuscaloosa. If you are ever down that way he would LOVE to hang out! :D Any chance snow is heading his way?

I once shot an elephant in my pajamas. What he was doing in my pajamas, I'll never know. We had a tough time getting his tusks out, so we went to Alabama where the tusks a' loosa.

yummy4tummy said:
In VICTORVILLE? Good luck on that thought! LOL. Valky

I know, I know it sounds weird, but each year we usually get a least one day of snow and two weeks ago it got down to 15 degrees at night for about a week! And still no snow!!!

KG...I love Branson. Lots of great shows to see. And, of course you can't leave without visiting the outlet malls. The traffic is always bad there. Be sure to take as many side roads as you can to avoid 76. I know several people who have gone to Branson for a wonderful weekend getaway, only to be snowed in...or have to leave as soon as they get there to avoid being snowed in.

janetupnorth said:
Groan........
Get used to it. Most everyone has groan accustomed to my posts.BTW - that was stolen from Groucho Marx.

Shawnna said:
KG...I love Branson. Lots of great shows to see. And, of course you can't leave without visiting the outlet malls. The traffic is always bad there. Be sure to take as many side roads as you can to avoid 76. I know several people who have gone to Branson for a wonderful weekend getaway, only to be snowed in...or have to leave as soon as they get there to avoid being snowed in.
76 was a parking lot today, so I took the Blue Route - which was stopped dead becasue two cars wiped out on the little hill out front of the outlet mall. Once the cars got pulled out, it started to move - until the *&^$#! cars with bald tires started sliding sideways. I drove around most of them. :DOf course, this time of the year, most of the motels and theatres are closed. Those folks are no dummies ~ like the owners of similar attractions in Wisconsin Dells or the UP of Michigan, they're all snug and warm in Florida.I lost about four hours in Branson today, so I'm about a day and a half behind now.

I did eat dinner tonight at Lambert's Cafe.
http://www.throwedrolls.com/images/ozark_building.jpg
Home of the original Throwed Rolls!

http://www.throwedrolls.com/images/norm_color.gifhttp://www.throwedrolls.com/images/roll_ani.gif

This place is a hoot!

I love Branson! I'm jealous.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I once shot an elephant in my pajamas. What he was doing in my pajamas, I'll never know. We had a tough time getting his tusks out, so we went to Alabama where the tusks a' loosa.

LOL. :D
I thought that was funny!!!

britishchef said:
I love Branson! I'm jealous.
Don't be. People with bald tires were slip-sliding away and coupled with people who just can't handle a car in snow, well, yeterday, Branson was about as much fun as root canal.

IM001851.jpg

I imagine it's a lot more fun in the Summer!

Ugggg!We have even more snow this morning and they cancelled school!!!:eek: But not MY midterm, oh no of course not. Roads are pretty bad here, hubby went to work about 7:30 and the plows hadn't even been out yet.:rolleyes:

I know I should be more tolerant and understanding...but I'm not. I've been driving in snow since 1968 and I'm not challenged by 2" at all. I've got work to do and I don't want to spend two days laying around Springfield waiting for the snow to melt.I'm just glad I'm done in Branson!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I know I should be more tolerant and understanding...but I'm not. I've been driving in snow since 1968 and I'm not challenged by 2" at all. I've got work to do and I don't want to spend two days laying around Springfield waiting for the snow to melt.

I'm just glad I'm done in Branson!

If we waited for it to stop snowing here, we'd starve from lack of food! It is snowing here right now, and expecting 4-8 inches today....and I'm getting ready to run errands! The wind isn't kickin the snow around - so it's not bad...just slippery - but that's winter in MI!

Well, get to the store and stock up before the hoarders get it all. ;)That's the whole point - snowbelt folks take this all in stride..

Yep! I lived in Columbia SC for 5 years, and if snow was even predicted, EVERYTHING shut down, and Grocery Store shelves were emptied! I couldn't figure out what everyone was so panicked about, until it actually did snow one time(2 inches!), and I watched the pile-ups on every street corner...and realized that they had no idea not to slam on their brakes on slippery roads! I stayed put, just to keep from getting hit by all the locals! Oh and that time it snowed - schools were closed for TWO WEEKS!!! waiting for all the snow and ice to melt off the side streets and roads!:eek:

I was shocked to find out they cancelled school here, it isn't nearly as bad as it has been. But then again, I'm shocked anytime they cancel school. I like my 'me time' way too much LOL. I am still going out in it though!

We got snow in North Mississippi last night!!!

Time before last I was there there was several inches of snow. It was great, we had our Trailblazer and no-one else was on the roads. :)

Just curious KG but how long did you have to wait to get into Lamberts? Last time we tried to go, we gave up b/c the line was out into the parking lot. Maybe I'd do better to go in the winter hmmm.

I walked right in. In fact, half the restaurant was empty last night.Part of that might have been the snow.

Sorry KgThat your time in Arkansas was ruined by the snow. We don't get alot of it and people seem to lose their common sense when it happens. Arkansas is really a great place to live. At least the North Central part. Hope the rest of your trip is more pleasant.

No need to apologize - once I "escaped" Harrison and 65 widens out to a super slab, it was pretty easy going. Mountain Home seems like a pretty nice place - I met a couple of interesting people there, but I wasn't able to stick around.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
forkatieb
  • pamperedalf
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • Jean DeVries