• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is today officially declared 'Stupid People Day'?

In summary, today has been a stressful day at work for Janet. She has dealt with customers leaving her neutral feedback, a customer asking for a shipping fee to be increased for large pails, and a new employee who has been caught sleeping in meetings and office.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Today should officially be declared:

"Stupid people day" or how about...

"Lack of common sense day"

My whole day and for many of my co-workers has been chaotic!

I've dealt with a customer leaving me neutral feedback on E-bay because I didn't respond to his two e-mails. He sent the e-mails AFTER the feedback was left and on a Saturday not during normal business hours - they were responded to immediately.

Then (this is a good one, not a bad one) I had a customer saying is shipping on 2 65 lb. pails really only $11.98? Yes, we cover the difference...lucky customer...well then another customer COMPLAINS about $11.98 to ship to 65 lb. pails across the United States!

Then, I spend half my day explaining what someone thinks is an issue that it really isn't an issue and that we've looked at it 20 times from 5 different people...the part that irks me is that this person is new (<1 year) and has been caught almost DAILY sleeping in meetings and in his office without being fired. Don't waste MY time at work because you can't stay awake and play poker until 3 a.m. on weeknights!!!!

Oh, and did I say I haven't had lunch and this is my break for the day do to all this?

...and I keep thinking to myself...these people not only vote, but they reproduce!!!!

Ok, I feel better now, venting done back to the GOOD things at work and in life...I hope all your Mondays are better...at least I only have to spend 14.2857% of my life on Mondays!

What a day Janet!! Glad to hear that the vent helped :) Just remember there are only 3 more full days until FRIDAY!!

PS Maybe you should keep some friendship bread starter at work so you can mush it for stress relief/to take out your frustrations!!

Good grief. When it rains, it pours, right?One thing you could do (at least for the eBay thing) is include text on every listing and your profile that the account and email are not monitored on weekends, and any questions submitted after business hours on Friday will be handled on Monday. It won't help the neutral feedback from this customer, but it might head it off in the future.Hugs.

(((((Hugs Janet!)))))

Sorry today has been a mess! Good thing you have us to absorb the venting!:thumbup:

Tomorrow will be better.

janetupnorth said:
Today should officially be declared:

"Stupid people day" or how about...

[Slowly Raise Hand] Checking in! [/Slowly Raise Hand]

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
[Slowly Raise Hand] Checking in! [/Slowly Raise Hand]
Are you being stupid today or dealing with them today? :pI don't think you e-mailed me today KG!

Sorry you are having a bad day!!! Just remind yourself at least you are not "one of those supid people!!!":D

Tomorrow will be better or at least it can't get much worse,:eek:

chefann said:
Good grief. When it rains, it pours, right?

One thing you could do (at least for the eBay thing) is include text on every listing and your profile that the account and email are not monitored on weekends, and any questions submitted after business hours on Friday will be handled on Monday. It won't help the neutral feedback from this customer, but it might head it off in the future.

Hugs.

We always used to have that, not on EVERY listing but on the main pages and store pages...

I've learned that no matter how much you put though, it still happens... :rolleyes:

jrstephens said:
.....Just remind yourself at least you are not "one of those supid people!!!":D ......
Love that one!

People who refuse to use (or mis-use) the brain that God gave them irk me too!

My favorite part of that whole thing....

janetupnorth said:
...at least I only have to spend 14.2857% of my life on Mondays!

I completely understand and I feel your pain!

We (DH & I ) have our own business too. When we have days like this...makes us want to offer "Special Shipping Rate"-such as a 2000% surcharge for annoyance:)Hope tomorrow is a great day!

CookingwithMary said:
We (DH & I ) have our own business too. When we have days like this...makes us want to offer "Special Shipping Rate"-such as a 2000% surcharge for annoyance:)

Hope tomorrow is a great day!

Thanks - have to say today is a continuation of yesterday on the customer end...I've had some very odd questions, requests and expectations. If I didn't know better, I'd swear the full moon is this week not next week.

Anyway, I've locked myself in my office at work and will be chugging away on this...see you guys at lunch if I get one or not 'til late tonight!

What is "Ok, I Don't Vent Much, But..." all about?

"Ok, I Don't Vent Much, But..." is a unique kitchen tool designed by Pampered Chef to quickly and easily release steam from hot pots, pans, and dishes.

How does "Ok, I Don't Vent Much, But..." work?

This kitchen tool features a small knob that can be easily turned to release steam from the side of the lid. It works on both metal and glass lids and can be used with one hand.

Is "Ok, I Don't Vent Much, But..." safe to use?

Yes, "Ok, I Don't Vent Much, But..." is made from high-quality, heat-resistant materials and is safe to use on all types of cookware. It also has a non-slip grip to prevent any accidents in the kitchen.

Can "Ok, I Don't Vent Much, But..." be used in the microwave?

No, "Ok, I Don't Vent Much, But..." is not designed to be used in the microwave. It is meant to be used on the stovetop to release steam from hot pots and pans.

How do I clean "Ok, I Don't Vent Much, But..."?

Cleaning "Ok, I Don't Vent Much, But..." is easy. It is top-rack dishwasher safe or can be hand-washed with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kdangel518
Replies
Views
MissChef
Replies
Views
fruit76loop