• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is This Website So Addicting?

In summary, The Mystery of Edwin Drood was unfinished by Charles Dickens and is a mystery novel that is based on a musical.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Amazing how addicting this place is...

PROBLEM LOADING PAGE

Doncha just hate to see that message?

He he...I got that too! :D

And here I was yelling at my computer...I guess I should apologize:)

Yeah, I've been trying to get on the site for about 30 minutes now!!!! Finally got it.

daniellemorgan said:
And here I was yelling at my computer...

I guess I should apologize:)
I don't think it really cares much.

I have been having trouble too!!

Oh it's been longer than 30 minutes!

Since I got up, anyway.

Well, I went to break at 10 and it's 10:45 now and I haven't been able to get on since before break time.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Amazing how addicting this place is...

PROBLEM LOADING PAGE

Doncha just hate to see that message?

I was about to throw my computer at my cube mate! ;)

Ha! I was about to plug and unplud my DSL to see if that was the problem:D

Kept hitting refresh to no avail.....

We are a bunch of losers...

Or maybe everyone else that doesn't know about CS are losers!

The trick, dear friends, is to actually have a life and spend time on other web sites. That also confirms that the web is up but CS is down.

I guess that since we can't seem to discipline ourselves from our CS addiction we need an occasional server error to do it for us!

Yes I hate it and then I feared that, like last time, it would be a whole day!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The trick, dear friends, is to actually have a life and spend time on other web sites. That also confirms that the web is up but Chef Success is down.
While on other sites this morning, I found the following blog post, that I thought you'd get a kick out of, KG. Mirth, Musings, & More: Timely Changes

That's funny!I remember when that Presidential genius, Jimmy Carter, came up with the brilliant idea to switch to year-round Daylight Savings Time to save energy - like changing clocks was going to give us an additional hour of sunlight somehow."Children won't be getting off the school bus in the dark," was how the Carter spinmeisters tried to sell it to us. "They'll be safer."As opposed, somehow, to standing by the side of the road, in the dark, waiting for the bus in the morning.
rolleye0001.gif

I like his point that "standard" should be the one that's in effect for the majority of the year. So we should rename DST to "Standard" and Standard to "nighttime wasting time". :D

Why don't we all just go on Zulu (Greenwich Mean Time) and then no one would ever have to reset a watch or clock again. Of course, it might get a little weird trying to remember to get up at noon when it's still dark out.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The trick, dear friends, is to actually have a life and spend time on other web sites. That also confirms that the web is up but Chef Success is down.

Yes and it keeps you from completely going through withdraw. LOL...

This is unrelated, but this is the best thread for it. :)I have Jeopardy on as I eat my lunch, and none of the contestants knew the last clue in the double Jeopardy round, but I did! The category was "Speak of the Dickens" and the clue was: The first chapter of this novel is "The Dawn." Chapter 22 is "The Dawn Again" which Dickens was writing when he died.What is "The Mystery of Edwin Drood?"
Which I knew because there's a musical based on it, that my college presented. It's an audience participation show, in which the audience votes for "who done it", since it was unfinished by Dickens.

Some of us have a life but are at work right now! Makes the day go faster!

I have work to do too... it's not going anywhere... LOL.

chefann said:
This is unrelated, but this is the best thread for it. :)

I have Jeopardy on as I eat my lunch, and none of the contestants knew the last clue in the double Jeopardy round, but I did! The category was "Speak of the Dickens" and the clue was: The first chapter of this novel is "The Dawn." Chapter 22 is "The Dawn Again" which Dickens was writing when he died.

What is "The Mystery of Edwin Drood?"
Which I knew because there's a musical based on it, that my college presented. It's an audience participation show, in which the audience votes for "who done it", since it was unfinished by Dickens.
I had a Dickens of a dream last night, and I channeled Charlie. He told me, "The butler did it in the library with the candlestick."

I think Charlie was drinking with the Parker Brothers before he came to me.

Maybe he enjoyed a glass of laudanum with Miss Scarlet.

He was conferring on the story with Arthur Conan Doyle, but he only had a Seven Percent Solution.

I was right in the middle of checking all the new posts, read 2 or 3, went to go open another thread, and it just froze!!!!!!! :rolleyes: I walked away all PO'd and now I'm back and happy to see it working!:thumbup: LOL!~

I thought maybe the IT Dept at work finally decided that they needed to block me from this website!!! Good news.... they are still not tracking internet usage! :chef:

Wanna bet?
paranoid.gif
(I'm not paranoid - I know the whole world is out to get me!)

Gee, it sounds like I missed all the fun. That's what happens when you stay away from CS for a day.

Related to Why is This Website So Addicting?

What makes this website so addicting?

There are a few reasons why this website may be so addicting. Some possibilities include its user-friendly design, engaging content, and frequent updates. It may also offer a sense of community and connection for its users.

Why do I keep coming back to this website?

This website may have features that keep you coming back, such as personalized content, a rewards system, or a variety of interesting topics to explore. It may also tap into your natural curiosity or provide a source of entertainment.

Is this website intentionally designed to be addicting?

While it is possible that the creators of this website intentionally designed it to be addicting, it is also possible that its addictiveness is unintentional. Many factors can contribute to a website's addictiveness, such as the user's personal preferences and behaviors.

Why can't I stop using this website?

If you find yourself unable to stop using this website, it may be due to its addicting qualities. It is important to take breaks and practice self-control to maintain a healthy balance in your usage. If you feel like you may have a problem, it is always a good idea to seek help from a professional.

What can I do if I see the "problem loading page" message?

If you encounter this message, there may be an issue with the website's server or your internet connection. You can try refreshing the page or checking your internet connection. If the issue persists, you may want to contact the website's support team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedposey
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Flamingo
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies