• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Did You Start? Why Do You Continue?

In summary, I started PC because I was looking for a way to cook and make money, I love the company and the products, and I stay because I find meaning and purpose in my life through my work with PC.
chefkristin
Gold Member
I thought that since we are all sending out our business cards with this info on the back it would be fun to list why we started PC and why we continue.

I started PC because I was deathly afraid to talk in front of large groups! You can't shut me up now.

I continue because I haven't come across one single reason to leave! It is a sense of accomplishment and it is about having something that belongs to only me!! I made so many great friends (including on this site). Plus I am addicted to the products.:love:

What are your reasons????

chefkristin said:
I thought that since we are all sending out our business cards with this info on the back it would be fun to list why we started PC and why we continue.

I started PC because I was deathly afraid to talk in front of large groups! You can't shut me up now.

I continue because I haven't come across one single reason to leave! It is a sense of accomplishment and it is about having something that belongs to only me!! I made so many great friends (including on this site). Plus I am addicted to the products.:love:

What are your reasons????

Speaking of "deathly afraid of speaking in front of large groups" What did all of you use to go by the first demonstration? An outline? Note cards?

I started selling PC because I was a PC Junkie, and I figured instead of spending all of my mony on the product, I should make money selling it! (Plus, I love my now-director, who was my consultant!)

I stay working it because it's fun to get out of the house, away from my dh, knowing I'm making easy money by helping people stock their kitchen with awesome products! Plus, it's cool that I am my own boss!!!! I dont have to listen to anyone tell me what to do! Woo-hoo!!

When I did my first show, I just kind of "winged" it! I had hosted enough shows to have a spiel memorized!!

Anyone want to play?

I too was a PC junkie. I hosted my own first show to get the Exec cookware at 1/2 price. I can't stop!

There will have to be a 12 step program

Free StuffMostly for the FREE stuff is why I joined PC. I fell in love with all the products and I am not shy so I knew I could do it!!
Also my husband is wonderful and encouraged me to find something that I enjoyed doing away from the home, and the kids!!

I keep doing it because my husband is still 100% supportive and the products keep getting better and better!!

Debbie :D

I joined because a friend talked me into it and we were going to do it a bit like a team. She has since stopped.

I keep doing it because I have fun on this forum and I adore my recruiter. I'm spending more than I'm making so my husband has mixed feelings about my involvement but has been supportive so far.

Extra $$, a night out of the house, cooking aspect of our shows and it too was a personal challenge to get up in front of people to speak, it was something I wanted to overcome and I did!

I stay because I love how well the PC treats it's people, the commraderie I have found here and the extra $$ has helped take my family on vacations we otherwise could not have afforded. I truely love
TPC and what it has to offer!

I started because I loved to cook, had no job, and knew nobody except family (I had just moved here). I also had a student loan to pay every month and my savings was running out fast.

I continue because I still love to cook, I LOVE free stuff, I love interacting with people in person (and don't get to do it at my day job), I have met some amazing people, and I don't make enough to support my shopping habit (both PC and Everywhere else! :eek: :angel: :D :rolleyes: ).

One of the big ones for me that I don't like saying, but is totally true is that Pampered Chef gives me a purpose in life. I have struggled with depression for over 10 years and now that I am not in college anymore, I don't have all the activities to surround myself with that make me feel important. Pampered Chef has given me something to look forward to each and every day. Also, the rewards that I get (both material and immaterial) make me feel valued and that I am someone who matters. I guess deep down, at my core, this is the real reason that I joined and have kept going even when things were rough.

I started because I needed to make just a little more money to supplement my bookkeeping business and stay home with my kids. I was not going to go back again after my second was born! I also wanted to learn to cook healthier meals (ok, I admit it, just learn to cook!:D ).

I stay because I truly do make enough to make my goal of earnings between this and bookkeeping. I love this because if I want to be busier I can (if I find the bookings) or if I want to slow down a bit I can. With bookkeeping if I take on another client I am stuck with them through the holidays and our major birthday month of May. I love being my own boss and I love meeting new people. And it's true, it helps me stay home with my kids, but allows me to get out and away from them too!:D

I startred PC because I wanted to stay home with my kids and make some extra $$ to pay off bills and help out my hubby. This was the only flexible job that fit me.

I am still with PC for the same reasons and sooooo much more! I love the FREE products! I didn't think I'd care about the recognition from my Director but I do! This is the funnest job I've ever had!

I started for the $$
I stay for the "mommy time"

I started because for 8 years I had to have EVERYTHING in the catalog (seriously) and finally decided to stop paying for it. I am definitely addicted to the products. My 90 days as a consultant is Sept 6th and I can't ever see myself stopping. I love this job.

I started Pampered Chef because my mother was terminally ill and the traveling expenses were taking a toll on us. My mother passed away a little over a month ago.
I stay with Pampered Chef because I love the free products, owning my own business and the fun and friendships that I am having, ok the extra money is great also.

I started to do 6 shows and earn the NEW line of Simple Additions for free! (it was just being introduced at that time) And then get out!

I stayed first as a hobbyist - because I discovered I LOVED doing shows! I'm a bit of a ham, and a teacher at heart, so Cooking Demonstrations fit!

Later, I stayed because I wanted to be able to stay home with my little miracle boy, but still needed some income coming in.

PC continues to be the perfect job for me ~ and all of the surprise "extras" make it even better (like friends I've made in my cluster, here, hosts and guests who have become friends, etc.....)

I started because for 8 years I had to have EVERYTHING in the catalog (seriously) and finally decided to stop paying for it. I am definitely addicted to the products. My 90 days as a consultant is Sept 6th and I can't ever see myself stopping. I love this job. I have already made so much money, so many friends and now I officially have EVERYTHING in the catalog, including the new stuff, and most of it I earned for FREE.... my OCD can rest. lol
Gina615Marie: I started because for 8 years I had to have EVERYTHING in the catalog (seriously) and finally decided to stop paying for it. I am definitely addicted to the products. My 90 days as a consultant is Sept 6th and I can't ever see myself stopping. I love this job. I have already made so much money, so many friends and now I officially have EVERYTHING in the catalog, including the new stuff, and most of it I earned for FREE.... my OCD can rest. lol

I started because I needed a part-time job and I didn't want to put my then 3 y/o in daycare (DH works for the airlines and had taken 2 huge paycuts and we had just built a new home). I thought I'd last @ 6 mo.

I stayed b/c it's easy, it's good money, it's fun, I love getting all the products FREE, I love getting together with my cluster each month, Conference is a blast, I've made so many good friends through my hosts and shows....I'm sure there is more!

I started doing this because I needed to get out of the house. I had a newborn & babysat my nephew but I got pretty bored, especially not having adults to talk to.

I keep doing this because I REALLY need to get out of the house now! My nephew that I am still watching is now 4, my daughter 2 & soon I will be watching my month old niece & have another of my own in October! I also like doing shows because I like helping people see that cooking can be fun. I used to HATE it until I found PC products. They really do make cooking less tedious. I'm now hoping to build a team so I can help others even more--I have a teaching background & that is something I miss from teaching.

I started...Because we are nose high in debt and sinking quick. We are not completely out of it!

Why I stay - what other career can you possbily have that everyone is happy to be there?!

Lets face it - you have a show because you want to, people come because they want to (otherwise they stay home). People are happy and excited to be at a show. It's nice to have that feeling - especially when your 9-5 "other" career is financial planning - it's not always "pleasent".

I started again, because I was with the company 10 years ago and left after 5 years and truly missed it. I also wanted to supplement my income to help pay off our debts.

I came back and will continue to stay because PC is an awesome company and I love how they take care of us. Also, I have to make a car payment! :)

I started because I loved the product and being a SAHM I would love a couple nights out for myself!!

I stay with it because it is so fun and I love all the people I have met. I love earning all the incentives and being able to someday go on a great trip!

ginamkiely said:
I started because for 8 years I had to have EVERYTHING in the catalog (seriously) and finally decided to stop paying for it. I am definitely addicted to the products. My 90 days as a consultant is Sept 6th and I can't ever see myself stopping. I love this job. I have already made so much money, so many friends and now I officially have EVERYTHING in the catalog, including the new stuff, and most of it I earned for FREE.... my OCD can rest. lol
Gina615Marie: I started because for 8 years I had to have EVERYTHING in the catalog (seriously) and finally decided to stop paying for it. I am definitely addicted to the products. My 90 days as a consultant is Sept 6th and I can't ever see myself stopping. I love this job. I have already made so much money, so many friends and now I officially have EVERYTHING in the catalog, including the new stuff, and most of it I earned for FREE.... my OCD can rest. lol

You really DO have OCD, eh? LOL....Kissy Kissy!:p

Why Did You Start?

I started working for Pampered Chef because I have always been passionate about cooking and sharing delicious meals with others. I also loved the idea of being able to work from home and have a flexible schedule.

Why Do You Continue?

I continue working for Pampered Chef because I have built a strong network of customers and consultants who have become like family to me. I also love the financial stability and personal growth opportunities that the company provides.

What sets Pampered Chef apart from other direct sales companies?

Pampered Chef stands out from other direct sales companies because of its high-quality products and strong focus on customer satisfaction. The company also provides extensive training and support for its consultants, allowing for a successful and enjoyable business experience.

What do you love most about being a Pampered Chef consultant?

I love being able to share my passion for cooking and helping others create delicious meals with the help of Pampered Chef products. It's also incredibly rewarding to see my customers and team members succeed and grow in their own businesses.

How has working for Pampered Chef impacted your life?

Working for Pampered Chef has had a huge impact on my life. Not only has it allowed me to have a successful career while still being able to prioritize my family, but it has also allowed me to form amazing relationships and gain valuable skills that I can apply in all aspects of my life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
momoftwins
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • stefani2
  • General Chat