• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Add Pieces of Flair to My Facebook Profile Without Breaking the Rules?

In summary, NooraK is addicted to pieces of flair on Facebook. She is fighting the urge to add them to her collection, but is also fighting the urge to play pretend roulette on Facebook.
NooraK
Gold Member
Ok, so I signed up for Facebook, and now I am addicted. Mostly, I am addicted to pieces of flair. It's so bad, that I even signed up DH for a page so I could send him some! :eek::blushing:

Now, I know that it is against the rules to advertise my business on there (although it seems everyone else does), and I know the pieces of flair I found probably shouldn't have been created by whoever did, but they are so cute! I am fighting the urge to add it to my collection. My addiction is trying to justify it with "my profile is private, and anyone who can see it already knows I do PC" and "flair isn't searchable" and so forth.

In the end, I know I should just walk away. And go make some calls instead. But it's so hard... :rolleyes:

I love the Flair too!

I have the PC button on my flair - it just says to me that I like PC! :)

Go check out ChefAnn's blog. She has a GREAT way to advertise your PC biz w/o breaking any rules!!

I love Facebook too! But, thank God (for this reason only!!) that I have dial-up at home, so it keeps me away!! LOL

I've been good today. I've actually made some calls! Well, I didn't get a hold of anyone, but I made the calls, none the less!

Good for you, NooraK!! :)

I Facebook, too. If anyone wants to friend me, the best way to find me is by searching for Soul Purpose Church. My name is Sarah Rodriguez. Be sure you let me know you're a Cheffer, because I'm very particular about who I friend (I actually have to KNOW the person!). :D

I'm a RatPack addict. Stupid game, totally pointless, and I spend hours (at night, when it's too late to make calls!) playing. :rolleyes:

I just started getting into Facebook and it's fun, but it's becoming another time-sucker!! I love it though and I've uploaded a bunch of pictures. Unfortunately I also found a way to play pretend roulette through there and that's becoming an addiction!! (no not really because it's not real money). But it's fun!!!:) I've been a bum today doing it every chance I get!!

Ok, here's a question for you Facebook experts: how do I get the flair board to show up in my boxes tab? I can't get it to show up there! It's driving me crazy! Thanks in advance for any help.:)

I can't really help you out Becky, but as you mention games, did you try Scramble?? It's VERY addictive!! ;)

NooraK;533921 Now said:
I'm not on facebook, but I have myspace. (so I don't know what flair is)
But let me tell you that mine is super-private. In the past I had posted bulletins about PC; thinking it was just like sending an email to friends, since not everyone could see it. Well, somehow I still got in trouble; HO called & said I couldn't do that.
Just FYI so you don't get in trouble!

pamperedbecky said:
Ok, here's a question for you Facebook experts: how do I get the flair board to show up in my boxes tab? I can't get it to show up there! It's driving me crazy! Thanks in advance for any help.:)

Like so it shows up on your main page when people are looking at your page? I can't figure that out either!! If someone knows, that would be super!

KellyTheChef said:
Like so it shows up on your main page when people are looking at your page? I can't figure that out either!! If someone knows, that would be super!
Yep, that's exactly what I mean.:grumpy:
I've found in certain places that they're making changes to the flair stuff, so maybe that's why it doesn't seem all that easy at this point. I do see if on my friends' pages, under the "boxes" tab. The only thing under there for me is the "My Family" thing. If I figure out how to do it, I"ll post it.:confused:

Oooh, yeah, and I"ll have to try Scrabble!!:thumbup:

okay, so I have never done facebook or myspace before. I just thought I'd check it out. I registered with facebook. Now it's taking me through a set-up. It's showing me kids I knew from high school. If I click on them to be added as friends, does facebook notify them? I am just nosy about some of them, but wasn't really great friends with them, so it would be weird for them to hear that I was looking at their site. ya know?!

pamperedbecky said:

On the left menu, there should be a list of applications you have. Click on PIECES OF FLAIR.
Click on the MY FAIR tab and double click on the buttons you want to be on your board. When you're done, hit SAVE CHANGES and then UPDATE PROFILE. And it should be there.

babywings76 said:
okay, so I have never done facebook or myspace before. I just thought I'd check it out. I registered with facebook. Now it's taking me through a set-up. It's showing me kids I knew from high school. If I click on them to be added as friends, does facebook notify them? I am just nosy about some of them, but wasn't really great friends with them, so it would be weird for them to hear that I was looking at their site. ya know?!

If you request them to be your friends, yes - they get a notification that you want to be their friend.

Okay, so I didn't add them then. So now is there a way to check out others without asking them to be your "friend"?

babywings76 said:
Okay, so I didn't add them then. So now is there a way to check out others without asking them to be your "friend"?

Nope, the only way you can check out their pages is by being their friend.

On the left menu, there should be a list of applications you have. Click on PIECES OF FLAIR.
Click on the MY FAIR tab and double click on the buttons you want to be on your board. When you're done, hit SAVE CHANGES and then UPDATE PROFILE. And it should be there.

Thanks, Lindsay!! I'll try that!

I don't see the pieces of flair. Is there a tutorial or something to teach people how to use this site? Features, games, etc.?

pampered.chris said:
Go check out ChefAnn's blog. She has a GREAT way to advertise your PC biz w/o breaking any rules!!

Do you mean the rhyme part?? I like that a lot... Can we "borrow" that, Ann?? ;)

I don't advertise on Myspace or facebook..... but..... I do have my pink shirt and PC apron on in my default pic..
I've gotten questions about why the shirt and apron. have 1 recruit lead and 1 thinking about a catalog show.

I figured out how to add the flair board!!! The instructions above didn't work for me and maybe because I seem to have the new version of Facebook. I hunted around and someone suggested this.

It worked for me! Here you all go if you need to get the flair board to show up on your page (it will be under the "boxes" tab)

Do the following:

1) Hover over 'Applications'
2) Select 'Edit All Applications (##)' (where ## is an actual # relating to the amount of bookmarked applications you have)
3) On the left side you will have Six 'Tabs':