• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hey,Anyone Else Addicted to Watching Swingtown?I Never Thought

In summary, the show is funny and brings back memories for those that watch it. It is a show with substance and is getting better each week.
pampchefrhondab
Hey,

Anyone else addicted to watching Swingtown?

I never thought I would watch it (definitely not a swinger), but it is so funny to see all the 70's clothes, decorations, etc. The funny thing is Janet had a Tupperware Party w/all the 70's colors! Not to mention the music.

I just can't help but watch. It brings back so many memories (okay, I know I'm showing my age)!

Re: SwingtownOkay, I guess nobody wants to admit they watch (LOL)!!

I know better - I know some of you do, but I'm not going to mention any names:)!

Re: SwingtownI started watching it, but then missed the last 3-4 episodes. BUmmed cause I really liked it. Only confirmed to my DH what a freak I am. And no, we are NOT swingers either! I think I just liked seeing Grant Show in those crazy shorts and doing the hustle!

Re: SwingtownI barely made it through the first episode, the only redeeming value was the '76 Eldo convertible. :)I had those eight-color shirts and double knit slacks and white patent leather shoes...I miss the eight color shirts but not much else.

Re: SwingtownYou can watch them on the CBS web site. That's how I caught up on them.

I may have to watch it that way in the future now that they moved it to Friday night. Although they did put it on the Comast On Demand so I can watch that way too.

Yes, that was a sight to see:)!

Re: Swingtown
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I barely made it through the first episode, the only redeeming value was the '76 Eldo convertible. :)

I had those eight-color shirts and double knit slacks and white patent leather shoes...I miss the eight color shirts but not much else.

I knew you would have to watch KG - you were one of the one's I didn't want to mention:)!

Re: SwingtownThere was absolutely nothing else on, so I thought I'd check it out.If that was what the '70s was like, I must have lived in the wrong neighborhood.

Re: SwingtownLOL!

I keep thinking "Is this what my parents and the neighbors did at those parties?" (LOL) When they said they were playing cards!!

Re: Swingtowndidn't know it switched nights. no pun intended, KG!

Re: Swingtown
pampchefrhondab said:
LOL!

I keep thinking "Is this what my parents and the neighbors did at those parties?" (LOL) When they said they were playing cards!!

Trust me, they were playing cards.

Re: SwingtownI'm sure you're right - besides we didn't have a swimming pool or house like that one!

Re: SwingtownI started watching it but then got behind. I'm going to have to catch up online now!

Re: SwingtownI love love love the show! I will admit it ...loud and proud!

Re: SwingtownI love the show, and I don't really thing there's anything to be embarassed about. There's nothing in Swingtown that isn't in other evening TV shows or soap operas (i.e., plenty of hooking up in other shows, too). Think about it!! The difference is in this show the couples do it openly. I'm not for either way really, I just wanted to point it out because I know the show has taken some heat. Anyway, I love the music, clothes, and all the other 70's references. There was a great article in Entertainment Weekly recently about how the clothes are all vintage. The show has substance and I think it gets better ever week. I hope it sticks around!!

Re: SwingtownYes my husband and i love the show too! We just crack up every week and sing along! I also hope it stays!

Re: SwingtownI LOVE SWINGTOWN!!! My DH watched the last two weeks with me I can't tell if he likes it or is just watching it because there is nothing else on. I hope they don't have it just for the summer and it doesn't come back.

Re: SwingtownWe like it too! I love the music too .. reminds me of my younger days!

Re: SwingtownI LOVE it!!! Find myself counting down the days until it's on again, and it's been a long time since I've felt that way about a show. What intrigues me the most is all these different women trying new things. Not the swinging, but just questioning if they have to behave the way they've always behaved. It's a great reminder that our society is always changing and that if it feels like we have tough choices to make now, people were making tough choices before that led to the world we know now.

Oh, and the music is great... especially the theme song!

Re: SwingtownMy DH and I watch it every week (when we are in town). I didn't know they switched nights though. I guess it is a good thing that we have TIVO.

Re: SwingtownI also love the show! I wasn't sure about the intial promos, but it has turned out to be just another primetime soap and I am hooked! I really hope it lasts longer than the summer. AS far as the rescheduling, be sure to check with your TV provider because, according to my DISH TV satellite channel guide, it is still on Thursday nights.

Re: SwingtownI'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it:)! I agree, it's a night time soap!

The CBS commercial I heard last night said, "Moving to its new night." Kinda weird if it doesn't move for everyone since it wasn't a local commercial.

Anyway, if you miss it check it out on CBS.com.

Re: SwingtownApparently the scheduling change was correct. I went to turn it on tonight and no Swingtown. Then I flipped over to tomorrow's schedule and there it was.

Re: SwingtownNow we hae something to look forward to tonight:)!

Re: SwingtownI missed the first few episodes, but I'm totally hooked now. I'm pretty sure my parents were playing cards too, but who knows what they were doing across town. I was a teenager in that period, so it brings back a lot of funny style memories.

Re: SwingtownDid anyone watch last night? It was so good, I just :love: this show!!!!

Re: SwingtownYes, I watched. I wasn't my favorite episode, but I couldn't stop watching:)!

Related to Hey,Anyone Else Addicted to Watching Swingtown?I Never Thought

1. What is Swingtown?

Swingtown is a television drama series that aired in 2008 on CBS. It follows the lives of couples in a suburban neighborhood who explore the world of open relationships and swinging in the 1970s.

2. Is Swingtown still on TV?

No, Swingtown only aired for one season in 2008 and was not renewed for a second season. However, all 13 episodes are available to stream on various platforms.

3. What makes Swingtown so addictive to watch?

Many viewers find the exploration of taboo topics and the dynamic between the characters to be intriguing and exciting. The show also features a nostalgic 1970s setting and a great soundtrack.

4. Is Swingtown appropriate for all ages?

No, Swingtown is rated TV-MA for mature audiences due to its sexual content, nudity, and adult themes.

5. Are there any other shows similar to Swingtown?

Yes, there are other TV shows that explore similar themes of open relationships and swinging, such as "The Lifestyle" and "Polyamory: Married & Dating."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
SummerG
  • kcjodih