• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Is My Shipment Split and Delayed Despite Arriving Together?

In summary, the author's huge show has shipped, but the author has not received tracking information for three of the boxes. The author talked to their FedEx man, who said that if the boxes are not seen out and about, he will leave them at the back of the house. The author calculated the weight of the various boxes and found that the heaviest box was the one with the heaviest weight. All of the boxes have shipped, but the author will receive them on Monday.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Well, this is odd ...

First the good news ... my HUGE show that I just closed has shipped ... I called the hostess and told her to have her dad help her lug in the boxes because one weighs 37 pounds, one weighs 30.

Still no tracking info up on the OTHER three boxes.

Any idea why that could be?

(Oh, and I talked to my Fed Ex man ... he said that if he doesn't see anybody out and around, he prefers to leave it at the back because if someone sees it on my front porch and steals it, he is responsible for replacing it. So that is good to know ... and I don't mind so much now that the snow is melted!)

Di_Can_Cook said:
Well, this is odd ...

First the good news ... my HUGE show that I just closed has shipped ... I called the hostess and told her to have her dad help her lug in the boxes because one weighs 37 pounds, one weighs 30.

Still no tracking info up on the OTHER three boxes.

Any idea why that could be?

(Oh, and I talked to my Fed Ex man ... he said that if he doesn't see anybody out and around, he prefers to leave it at the back because if someone sees it on my front porch and steals it, he is responsible for replacing it. So that is good to know ... and I don't mind so much now that the snow is melted!)

Orders are released as waves onto the line and are picked to the shipping box. They start at the same time, but as they make it through the line, they can get separated and ship out separately. There is a potential that they get on two different trucks. If one got pulled at night and the next in the morning, say one is on the back of the first truck and the second is in the belly or the front of the second, they hit the first hub at totally different points and get separated by a day, once in awhile two. If you don't see the remainder of the boxes or tracking for more than two business days, I'd call HO immediately because then something is up...otherwise, it isn't that odd.

Oh, and on tracking...Tracking information gets to FedEx two ways:
1. When the daily transmission from the company occurs (it reads as pickup information received usually)
2. When the box hits the first hub.If a box hit a hub already tracking information may be in, but if the daily transmission hasn't occurred (usually occur early evening or some companies middle of the night), it won't show tracking.ETA: You can also go to FedEx.com and track by reference # (show #) and see what shows up. If you need help with that PM me...

Well, went back to CC and guess what?ALL of the boxes have shipped. IN ADDITION, the ones that had no shipping information earlier are now expected to arrive TOMORROW! So she will get 2 boxes tomorrow and the rest on Tuesday.Hope she's not going out of town! I just called her earlier tonight to say her stuff would be arriving on Tuesday.For random fun, I calculated the weight of the various boxes (not including the outside orders that are being direct shipped to New York and Florida.)Box 1: 24 pounds
Box 2: 21 pounds
Box 3: 37 pounds
Box 4: 32 pounds
Box 5: 30 pounds
Total weight: 144 poundsShe and her friends didn't get QUITE a ton of stuff, but close enough ....

I've noticed that when the FedEx shipping information first shows up, it automatically says that it's coming the next day. Then, a day later, it shows the "true" expected date. So, she'll probably get everything Tue.

cathyskitchen said:
I've noticed that when the FedEx shipping information first shows up, it automatically says that it's coming the next day. Then, a day later, it shows the "true" expected date. So, she'll probably get everything Tue.

Yes, that would be true - for air, it has the true date because it is a specific service - overnight, 2 day or 3 day express saver. For ground, when submitted it has a date out a day or so, then when it hits their first hub and gets scanned in their system and assigned its routes, the information gets updated.

Thanks so much ladies ... I sent her an e-mail with tracking numbers so she knows what to expect ...

Well, the shipping info changed all right!

Now she is getting boxes 3 and 5 on MONDAY and the rest TODAY!

I don't know why they've been split up since they all arrived in Ohio at like 5:30 a.m. and have been on a truck for delivery since 7:30.

I hope they're watching for it ... at least it's a bright, sunny day in Ohio!

Related to Why Is My Shipment Split and Delayed Despite Arriving Together?

1. What is the average shipping time for Pampered Chef products?

The average shipping time for Pampered Chef products is 3-5 business days. However, this may vary depending on the shipping method chosen and the destination of the package.

2. Can I track my package once it has been shipped?

Yes, you can track your package by logging into your Pampered Chef account and clicking on the "Track My Order" option. You will need your order number and email address to access the tracking information.

3. Why does my order show as "shipped" but I have not received it yet?

In some cases, the tracking information may show that your order has been shipped, but it may still be in transit to the shipping carrier's distribution center. Please allow a few days for the package to reach its destination.

4. Can I change my shipping address after my order has been placed?

If your order has not yet been shipped, you can contact our customer service team to update your shipping address. However, if your order has already been shipped, we cannot guarantee that the address change will be possible.

5. What should I do if my package arrives damaged?

If your package arrives damaged, please contact our customer service team immediately. We may ask for photos of the damage and will work to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • momoftwins
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • PamperedEsther