• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice Needed: Trouble with Host's Bounced Check and Unclaimed Party Products

In summary, the host's check bounced and two guest orders were still there after the X-Mas deadline. The host has not been seen at work for two weeks and the guest orders are still there. The host asked if the check had cleared, but it appeared to have since then so the host told her it was good and the guest then bounced the check. Now the host can't reach the guest and the products are still there.
pampered1224
Silver Member
I need advice. I have a host who wrote me a check. I didn't get it as I do not think she actually sent it. I finally got it the 6th of January for her early December party. And because of the X-Mas deadline, like a fool, I sent through the order. My mom got the boxes and delivered them to my hosts office on the 22nd of December. Now here it is the 12th and the check bounced. It is for $138.88 and I put it it in Pat's account because I had to give it to him. So instead of putting it in mine until it cleared, it bounced out of his. He is livid!! Now here is the kicker, the stuff is still sitting in my hosts office at work where my mom left it. The host has not been seen for two weeks at work. Two guest orders are in there as well. Now, I can not reach the host. Can I have my mom grab the hosts products and take them home? Mom is going to get a hold of one of the guests whose stuff is still there and see if he will pay me for his stuff and mom will ask him about the other lady to see of he knows her. What do think? One more odd thing, my host sent me an e-mail yesterday asking if the check had cleared. At that point it looked as if it had. So I told her so far so good. Now I can't reach her at all. Can I so to speak, repossess the stuff?

I would. I had a guest bounce a check and as soon as I found out I called her and basically told her she had a week to make it right or she had to return the products (they had arrived and been distributed before I heard from my bank). She gave me cash as soon as we could arrange to meet up. I felt bad at first, but then I thought about it...I don't write checks unless I can back them up. So I don't think it's wrong to expect guests/hosts to do the same. I know sometimes there might be a miscalculation, so I like to give people the benefit of the doubt...but I firmly believe that if it's not made right, they don't get the products. Good luck with this!!!

pampered1224 said:
I need advice. I have a host who wrote me a check. I didn't get it as I do not think she actually sent it. I finally got it the 6th of January for her early December party. And because of the X-Mas deadline, like a fool, I sent through the order. My mom got the boxes and delivered them to my hosts office on the 22nd of December. Now here it is the 12th and the check bounced. It is for $138.88 and I put it it in Pat's account because I had to give it to him. So instead of putting it in mine until it cleared, it bounced out of his. He is livid!! Now here is the kicker, the stuff is still sitting in my hosts office at work where my mom left it. The host has not been seen for two weeks at work. Two guest orders are in there as well. Now, I can not reach the host. Can I have my mom grab the hosts products and take them home? Mom is going to get a hold of one of the guests whose stuff is still there and see if he will pay me for his stuff and mom will ask him about the other lady to see of he knows her. What do think? One more odd thing, my host sent me an e-mail yesterday asking if the check had cleared. At that point it looked as if it had. So I told her so far so good. Now I can't reach her at all. Can I so to speak, repossess the stuff?

Yes because they weren't paid for yet (by the actual customers). Get the products, contact the customers and arrange for payment and delivery. Good luck!

Thank you I thought I was right when I told mom to do it. She offered so... and Caressa that was my exact argument. Now I just have to get that money! Otherwise I may not live to find out what happens! Pat went to bed at 8:30 without saying good night because he was so POd at me! It would not be so bad but we have two bills due on Thursday and now the money isn't there to cover one of them. If we get a late charge, I may have to ask her for that money too. Does anyone here never accept checks anymore? This has happened 3 times this past year and every time it has been a pain. I did return one ladies order to HO and got the money back from them so... I may end up doing this with one too. Dang it!

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your host's bounced check and the products still sitting in her office. It sounds like a frustrating experience for both you and your host.
As a consultant, it's important to have clear communication and expectations with your host regarding payment and delivery of products. In this case, it seems like there may have been some miscommunication or delay in payment and delivery.
In terms of repossessing the products, I would suggest reaching out to your host again to try and resolve the issue. If you are unable to reach her, it may be best to reach out to the guests who have orders in the office and see if they are able to pay for their products and pick them up. As for the host's products, I would suggest waiting a bit longer to see if she responds to your attempts to contact her. If not, you may need to consider contacting her employer to see if they can assist in getting the products back to you.
In the future, I would also recommend having a clear policy in place for bounced checks and delayed payments to avoid similar situations.
I hope everything gets resolved soon and please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Take care.

1. What is "Boy Am I in Trouble!" all about?

"Boy Am I in Trouble!" is a fun and interactive game that challenges players to complete various kitchen tasks and earn points. It's perfect for parties, family gatherings, or just a night in with friends.

2. How many players can participate in "Boy Am I in Trouble!"?

The game can be played with 2-4 players, but can also be adapted for larger groups by dividing players into teams.

3. Is there a time limit for completing tasks in "Boy Am I in Trouble!"?

Yes, there is a 60-second time limit for each task. This adds an element of excitement and urgency to the game.

4. Can "Boy Am I in Trouble!" be played with children?

Yes, the game is suitable for children ages 8 and up. It's a great way to get kids involved in cooking and kitchen tasks in a fun and engaging way.

5. What types of tasks are included in "Boy Am I in Trouble!"?

The tasks in the game range from simple food preparation and kitchen tasks, to more challenging activities like blindfolded taste tests and memory challenges. There are also bonus rounds and penalty challenges to keep the game interesting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • scottcooks
  • General Chat
Replies