• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do You Suppose Vip Got Fired?

In summary, VIP got fired because their largest and probably only client decided to go in a different direction.

Why did VIP get fired as a vendor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dannyzmom said:
I am still stewing about not only the flip flops, but those adorable beach towels that sold out within the first hour.
I said the same thing earlier in this thread!!!! I wanted those so bad - and never even had a chance at them!

No opinion here b/c I've never ordered anything from them. But if they are no longer a vendor for PC, why are they still on the website? I didn't even know they no longer were a liscensed vendor ?????
(Missed that news somewhere I guess)

Kris

YAY! Welcome back KG! I'm thinking of you right now, as I'm in Pellston, MI, and you seem to always chime in from the road somewhere...Anyhoo...I'm way too cheap to order any of that VIP stuff. I am thinking of breaking down and ordering the sale stuff, but just because they give me $10 off on a $60 dress shirt does NOT make it a deal!!

Ann, I THINK we can digitize stuff for our own use, but just can't produce it. I actually sent HO an email about it because my mom has a machine and has some rudimentary digitizing software. They haven't gotten back to me...If I manage to do it, I'll let you know...her machine is a Brother, whaddya got?

Some of your "crap" I would have liked...LOL!

ihavethetools said:
No opinion here b/c I've never ordered anything from them. But if they are no longer a vendor for PC, why are they still on the website? I didn't even know they no longer were a liscensed vendor ?????
(Missed that news somewhere I guess)

Kris
The announcement was made on Thursday and they are still the "official" vendor, for now, while they sell out their pitiful inventory.

speedychef said:
YAY! Welcome back KG! I'm thinking of you right now, as I'm in Pellston, MI, and you seem to always chime in from the road somewhere...Anyhoo...I'm way too cheap to order any of that VIP stuff. I am thinking of breaking down and ordering the sale stuff, but just because they give me $10 off on a $60 dress shirt does NOT make it a deal!!

Ann, I THINK we can digitize stuff for our own use, but just can't produce it. I actually sent HO an email about it because my mom has a machine and has some rudimentary digitizing software. They haven't gotten back to me...If I manage to do it, I'll let you know...her machine is a Brother, whaddya got?
You must have a really good reason to be in Pellston sometime other than August. Oh, $10 off on a $60 shirt is a moot point when they don't have your size.

They Had Flip Flops?????

For a couple of hours, they did.

Recently? That said PC??? Are you kidding? AWWWWW

Jilleysue said:
They Had Flip Flops?????
Actually they had flip-flops for a grand total of about 3 hours....The first hour of Wave 1, the first hour of Wave 2, the first hour of Wave 3......and that's how long they had the beach towel too........could never understand why - if something was that popular, they couldn't produce more for sale on the website!

ChefBeckyD said:
Actually they had flip-flops for a grand total of about 3 hours....The first hour of Wave 1, the first hour of Wave 2, the first hour of Wave 3......and that's how long they had the beach towel too........could never understand why - if something was that popular, they couldn't produce more for sale on the website!
I got the flip flops but chose not to get the beach towel. My director didn't get there until later and she really wanted the towel - wish I had known...

This year directors will not get to the booths the first morning if they go to the director event so we will miss out on things like that if there are any...

ChefBeckyD said:

I think their blatant poor planning was the beginning of the end...

BethCooks4U said:
I got the flip flops but chose not to get the beach towel. My director didn't get there until later and she really wanted the towel - wish I had known...

This year directors will not get to the booths the first morning if they go to the director event so we will miss out on things like that if there are any...

I hadn't even thought of that....well wait, don't the booths usually open at 6am? Maybe we can drag our butts out of bed early enough to hit the boots before the Director's event?

BethCooks4U said:

Remember, there's going to be a new vendor there, not VIP, this year.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Remember, there's going to be a new vendor there, not VIP, this year.

I'm choosing to think positively - and just KNOW that the new vendor will have everything in stock and available for more than just the first hour of conference!
It will be all the products we've been hoping for, at good prices and good quality! (actually I don't mind paying a bit more if the quality is there!)
I'm with you KG - in hoping that it's something like Lands End - hey - if they can do Sears, why not PC too? I'm a Lands End fan from way back to my College Days (when Preppie was IT!)

I fear that Lands' End is not rounded out enough to be a vendor. I predict they hire an advertising specialty type business that sells a little of everything...another VIP type vendor, only one that actually stocks products people want, in colors they want, in sizes they want. They'll also have pens, pads, key rings, bags, bells, beach towel and flip-flops.I'd prefer that TPC hire a couple of vendors - like Lands' End for logo clothing and someone else to do the advertising specialties. I doubt they will do that, though.Lands' End still has the best knit shirts, the best nylon jackets (I have about five Squall jackets of one kind or another, I even have Squall pants) and the best dress shirts, especially Oxford cloth. The best. I have at least 20 dress shirts and they are almost all Lands' End, some all cotton and some cotton/poly blends. I also have a number of Drifter sweaters and I'd love one or two of those with a TPC logo on them.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I fear that Lands' End is not rounded out enough to be a vendor. I predict they hire an advertising specialty type business that sells a little of everything...another VIP type vendor, only one that actually stocks products people want, in colors they want, in sizes they want. They'll also have pens, pads, key rings, bags, bells, beach towel and flip-flops.

I'd prefer that TPC hire a couple of vendors - like Lands' End for logo clothing and someone else to do the advertising specialties. I doubt they will do that, though.

Lands' End still has the best knit shirts, the best nylon jackets (I have about five Squall jackets of one kind or another, I even have Squall pants) and the best dress shirts, especially Oxford cloth. The best. I have at least 20 dress shirts and they are almost all Lands' End, some all cotton and some cotton/poly blends.

I also have a number of Drifter sweaters and I'd love one or two of those with a TPC logo on them.

We could turn this into a Lands End love-fest! I have sweatshirts from there that are 15-20 yrs old that are just now beginning to fray a bit at the cuffs - shorts, tanks, Turtle-necks (LOVE them!), and various other clothing & outerwear items. Lands End GC's are a favorite Christmas/Birthday gift in my family - extended family included! - and any time I've had to return something, it has been handled seamlessly - they have Stellar Customer Service, and their reps all speak English clearly!:D

There are a myriad of Specialty Vendors out there - because my DH and I have both owned our own small businesses (other than PC:) ) we get stuff in the mail from them all the time.....I would think any of them could handle the specialty items -but it would be nice if a company with a good track record in clothing handled the clothing end of things.....

When I called VIP with a complaint about a product and questioned the particular choice they told me "Pampered Chef chooses what we are to sell and we get it from other vendors". lol

No one takes responsibility for their actions anymore - everything is someone else's fault.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No one takes responsibility for their actions anymore - everything is someone else's fault.
Amen to that!!:mad:

I got the flip flops from conference last year. I tried them on and then almost walked away but decided if I walked away then I might not get them. So glad I got them when I did.
Anyway, I ordered the Ribbon Tote and the Help Whip Cancer water bottle last night. Got through pretty fast on the website.

speedychef said:
We've (my Mom and I) got a Husquarna Viking. I think the organizational software I have can convert from Brother format to Husquvarna, but I don't have the software to create the pattern.

I'll bet she's fun to watch.

http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/files/cs/products/portals/chainsaw_200x240.jpg
http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/files/cs/gfx/hq_logo_great_exp_151x49.gif

Same company, different division. :)

Well, it seams you've sewn up this thread. I'll stop needling you.

and for those of us who didn't get the email, is it posted somewhere?

There's another thread someplace that has the text of the email.

jessica_momof6 said:
and for those of us who didn't get the email, is it posted somewhere?
Per your request:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:02:52 -0500

Dear Consultant,

We recently learned that VIP has decided to take its business in
another direction. They’ve informed us that they will “focus on the
business-to-business aspect of their industry, concentrating on bulk
corporate sales, apparel decoration and the marketing of their private line of
apparel.” At the same time, VIP also assured us that its goal is to
assist in making this transition a smooth one for all Consultants and
for The Pampered Chef. We know many of you have been loyal customers of
VIP, and wish them well in their new ventures.

As of June 22, VIP will no longer serve as one of our licensed
merchandise vendors.

Over the next three months, VIP will be offering its Pampered Chef
merchandise inventory at incredible savings to you. Sizes and quantities
will be limited, so shop early for great bargains! Don’t forget to use
your AIM and VIP Gift Certificates! With VIP Clearance Sales, all sales
will be final. There will be no returns, exchanges or refunds. To start
shopping, log on to Consultant’s Corner > Promoting Your Business >
Licensed Merchandise Vendors > VIP.

Join us at National Conference 2007 and be among the first to see the
new selection of logo items! Because we want to unveil this merchandise
at Conference, there will be a very short period when logo items will
not be available for purchase.

Here is the text from the email:

Dear Consultant,
We recently learned that VIP has decided to take its business in another direction. They’ve informed us that they will “focus on the business-to-business aspect of their industry, concentrating on bulk corporate sales, apparel decoration and the marketing of their private line of apparel.” At the same time, VIP also assured us that its goal is to assist in making this transition a smooth one for all Consultants and for The Pampered Chef. We know many of you have been loyal customers of VIP, and wish them well in their new ventures.

As of June 22, VIP will no longer serve as one of our licensed merchandise vendors.

Over the next three months, VIP will be offering its Pampered Chef merchandise inventory at incredible savings to you. Sizes and quantities will be limited, so shop early for great bargains! Don’t forget to use your AIM and VIP Gift Certificates! With VIP Clearance Sales, all sales will be final. There will be no returns, exchanges or refunds. To start shopping, log on to Consultant’s Corner > Promoting Your Business > Licensed Merchandise Vendors > VIP.

Join us at National Conference 2007 and be among the first to see the new selection of logo items! Because we want to unveil this merchandise at Conference, there will be a very short period when logo items will not be available for purchase.

The Pampered Chef

The Pampered Chef is a registered trademark.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, it seams you've sewn up this thread. I'll stop needling you.
Thud!

LOL, you have me in stitches, LMAO!

Well, darn, that suits me fine. It's a pattern we try to follow. Some threads serge on their own, some are tailored to this kind of embroidery but others allow us to weave them into the fabric of our eveyday lives.

??New Avatar KG??

Debbie :D

I figure it's a picture from his mis-spent youth.

As long as I've been accused of being old, I figured I might as well post an AV of a contemporary movie star.

I got this in an email today:
Help Whip Cancer Products AvailableWearing your Help Whip Cancer logo on a t-shirt or a fashionable ladies white v-neck shirt is a great way to support this important campaign and build your Pampered Chef business.
Okay, I'll wear pink for HWC but the fashionable v-neck shirt is out. I just don't have enough cleavage to pull it off.

Hey, KG, maybe a Wonderbra would help.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I got this in an email today:

Okay, I'll wear pink for HWC but the fashionable v-neck shirt is out. I just don't have enough cleavage to pull it off.

THINK CHEST HAIR...put the gold chains away, however!:D

raebates said:
Good one Rae!!!:D :D

raebates said:
It would be a real wonder to see me in a bra.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It would be a real wonder to see me in a bra.

Well heck we've all been forced to visualize Kevin in a thong...you couldn't be any worse...could you?

Yes.Razzlefrazzit minimum character rule.

No you need the bro or Manzere!! LOL

I don't think so, Tim.

A man in a bra is only fun if he's a) found the bra under his roommate's bed and doesn't know who it belongs to b) puts it on, stuffs it with socks, and runs around the dorm demanding to know who it belongs to and c) gets disappointed because no one will admit to owning the bra he's wearing.

I'm sure you had to be there, but I can't imagine a man wearing a bra ever beating that moment.

And no, the bra wasn't mine.

I already used this in another thread, but it's appropriate here. Two guys are in the locker room at the athletic club. The first guy drops his pants to reveal that he's wearing panties. "How long have you been wearing those?" the second guy asks.The first guy says, "Ever since my wife found them in the glove compartment."

WOW! That's a good one! Poor guy...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I already used this in another thread, but it's appropriate here.

Two guys are in the locker room at the athletic club. The first guy drops his pants to reveal that he's wearing panties. "How long have you been wearing those?" the second guy asks.

The first guy says, "Ever since my wife found them in the glove compartment."
OMG..that is soooo funny!!!

Slightly off topic, but only kinda--

They're not PC items, but there are Chef Success clothing items (including underwear) at my Cafe Press store.

Not OT if you're keeping your inventory in the glove compartment.

I'm not keeping inventory at all. Except for some buttons I still have at home.

Cafe Press is a supply-on-demand company. They take orders and then print the items as needed.

I also wanted to state that I'm not making any money on these items.

This is like deja vu all over again...

<h2>1. Why do you suppose VIP got fired?</h2><p>Unfortunately, we are not able to comment on the specific reasons for VIP's termination. However, we can assure you that we always strive to maintain strong relationships with all of our clients and provide top-notch service.</p><h2>2. Do you believe they decided to "go in a different direction" away from their largest, and probably only, client?</h2><p>We cannot speak for VIP's decision-making process, but it is common for businesses to make changes in their partnerships in order to align with their overall goals and objectives. We are grateful for the time we had working with VIP and wish them all the best in their future endeavors.</p><h2>3. Did VIP's termination have any impact on your company?</h2><p>As a company, we are always prepared for any changes that may occur with our clients. While VIP was a valuable partner, we have a strong and diverse client base that allows us to continue providing high-quality products and services to our customers.</p><h2>4. Will you be seeking a new VIP client or focusing on other clients?</h2><p>We are always open to new partnerships and opportunities, but our main focus is on delivering exceptional experiences for our current clients. We will continue to prioritize providing top-notch service to all of our clients, regardless of their size or industry.</p><h2>5. How do you plan to fill the gap left by VIP's termination?</h2><p>We are constantly evaluating and adjusting our strategies to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our clients. While VIP's departure may create a temporary gap, we are confident in our abilities to adapt and continue providing excellent service to all of our clients.</p>

Related to Why Do You Suppose Vip Got Fired?

1. Why do you suppose VIP got fired?

Unfortunately, we are not able to comment on the specific reasons for VIP's termination. However, we can assure you that we always strive to maintain strong relationships with all of our clients and provide top-notch service.

2. Do you believe they decided to "go in a different direction" away from their largest, and probably only, client?

We cannot speak for VIP's decision-making process, but it is common for businesses to make changes in their partnerships in order to align with their overall goals and objectives. We are grateful for the time we had working with VIP and wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

3. Did VIP's termination have any impact on your company?

As a company, we are always prepared for any changes that may occur with our clients. While VIP was a valuable partner, we have a strong and diverse client base that allows us to continue providing high-quality products and services to our customers.

4. Will you be seeking a new VIP client or focusing on other clients?

We are always open to new partnerships and opportunities, but our main focus is on delivering exceptional experiences for our current clients. We will continue to prioritize providing top-notch service to all of our clients, regardless of their size or industry.

5. How do you plan to fill the gap left by VIP's termination?

We are constantly evaluating and adjusting our strategies to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our clients. While VIP's departure may create a temporary gap, we are confident in our abilities to adapt and continue providing excellent service to all of our clients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva