• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do You Suppose Vip Got Fired?

In summary, VIP got fired because their largest and probably only client decided to go in a different direction.

Why did VIP get fired as a vendor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Why do you suppose VIP got fired? Or do you believe they decided to "...go in a different direction..." away from their largest, and probably only, client?

Wait for the poll.

Cuz they sucked.

Good to see you, KG. Was wondering where you ran off to.

Cuz they sucked and they were expensive.I never did buy a shirt, though I wanted one... because they had no clear way for me to know what the heck I was buying.

I'm viewing the change as a chance for our logo wear to take another step forward. VIP's was better than the previous vendor's (whose name escapes me at the moment). Hopefully it'll get better again.

Wouldn't it be great if they signed up with somebody like Lands' End? Oh, sure, they're expensive but at least you'd be getting clothing of high quality.I imagine that the ink was well dried on the contracts with a new vendor before the neutron bomb went off in the VIP office.

My wife and I bought 3 shirts and returned 2 trying to get the right size. They weren't the greatest about being similar to regular sizes that you could get in the stores.

pamperedchefdudeky said:
My wife and I bought 3 shirts and returned 2 trying to get the right size. They weren't the greatest about being similar to regular sizes that you could get in the stores.

That is what worried me about buying anything now....with no returns or exchanges!

The price and a small selection always turned me away from wanting to buy anything from them...

In the last couple of months, I've tried to buy a couple of things but they didn't have my size. I was also underwhelmed by the HWC offerings.When the announcement came, I tried to buy two other things that I was actually interested in, they didn't have either one, and the server was so overwhelmed that it couldn't handle my non-transaction anyway.I'll miss VIP. Sort of like you miss a toothache.

The polo that we got that finally fit is still about 10 inches longer than a normal polo.

we tried to get on and look at what they had left last night and the server timed out every time that we tried to get on.

Good to have you back KG. Where ya been??

I never did like VIP. Best wishes to them, but PC can do better!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Wouldn't it be great if they signed up with somebody like Lands' End? Oh, sure, they're expensive but at least you'd be getting clothing of high quality.

I imagine that the ink was well dried on the contracts with a new vendor before the neutron bomb went off in the VIP office.
I agree..someone like Land's End would be great!! Welcome back KG...we have been missing you!!

Yeah, like I miss my ex.But my aim is improving.

When AIM was our vendor the quality and prices were good. I still have 2 IZOD polos I bought from them.
I think that was the company Jay started I can't remember who we used before them I know it wasn't Town & Country as stated in another thread they were for business supplies.

I guess I have been lucky!I have had good experiences with VIP.

About one year ago I ordered a fitted jacket. When I received it, the zipper was broken. I called them up and they sent a new one immediately. They told me to just keep the one with the broken zipper. I can wear it when I do not need to zip up.

Lisa

Yes, their customer service was good. But then, it had to be. I found the employees at conference to be great, they were friendly and bent over backwards to be helpful.

But their product offerings...$60 dress shirts? I would so like to have a Lands' End Squall jacket...
01380_AE05_M1_CCR
...with TPC logo on it, but powder blue with a cinch waist doesn't work very well for guys.

LE would be awesome! I would SOOOO buy one of their bathrobes with a logo on it!

Welcome back KG! It's great to "see" you again! I have only ordered the Ribbon Tote from VIP and it came quickly but I agree with KG... I'd love to know the brand of what we are ordering in clothing so there is some idea of what you are getting quality wise.

I have been trying to place an order on Merrill, and keep getting an error......frustrating!!

Couldn't find anything in my size last month...will see now...there are MANY other good companies out there! ...hope we get one!

Welcome back KG - hope life is treating you better this week - missed you!

I have a few things from VIP. They've served me well. However, I thought they had a very limited selection.

It was also difficult to figure out which size to order. Some things fit larger, some fit smaller. Since I'm ALWAYS hard to fit, anyway, I bought things a bit too large and had them altered to fit. Not a big deal for me. That's what I do with most clothes. It's amazingly difficult to find clothes made for women with actual curves. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/mad0095.gif

Yes, I would like a bit of cheese with my whine, thank you.

I had a few things from VIP - actually a couple were gifts from my director - but always the problem was fit/shrinkage.....nothing was ever the same, so it was pretty much a crap shoot when you ordered a size. The ONE THING I wanted to get my hands on but never was able to (okay, actually 2 things:rolleyes: ) were the flip flops and beach towel from conference last year! I wanted those sooooo bad - but they sold out before I could even make it to the booth!

too expensive and plus nothing seems to fit right!!

Good to have you back KG!!!

Ordering infoI I usually wear a L/XL in a shirt, Do I need a 2XL from VIP?

I posted in another thread that the fit problem VIP had was not necessarily theirs. They purchased blanks (items intended for personalization) from various manufacturers, who all have different sizing and tolerances for shrinkage. If the new vendor is also the manufacturer (which would be the case if we went with, say, Land's End), then they would have more control over those issues.

I, for one, would love to get my hands on a digitized version of the logo that I could use in my embroidery machine. :)

I am looking at the ladies short sleeved v neck...help!!

There are size charts for most of the items. That should help.

But usually, I order a little big. Then I can purposely shrink it if it doesn't shrink by itself.

Regarding Land's End...I purchased a Pampered Chef tote MADE by Land's End on E-Bay. I believe it was a promotional item from several years ago but it is traditonal Land's End quality!! Maybe it is a possibility...,.

Unless that's the vendor of choice, don't count on it. You can be sure the deal was signed with the new vendor before the rug was pulled out from under VIP.

klsnyder said:
I I usually wear a L/XL in a shirt, Do I need a 2XL from VIP?
I suspect, by this time, your point is moot.

chefann said:
I, for one, would love to get my hands on a digitized version of the logo that I could use in my embroidery machine. :)

Do you mean legally?? I could probably recreate it in Adobe Illustrator...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I suspect, by this time, your point is moot.
Yeah thanks!!! I went ahead and ordered the bigger size..and will shrink if need be.

I think their stuff has always been waaaaaayyyy overpriced, and the sizing is a joke! I have a size 2XL t shirt that fits me VERY snugly, (like a medium should) and then I have a Large that I swim in. With the exception of the HWC shirt that I just ordered, I have not actually ordered anything from them online. I waited till I went to conference (back in '04) and TRIED STUFF ON there, so I got the right fit.

I have not been impressed with their quality either, nor customer service for that matter.

I am very excited to see who our new vendor will be. Hopefully prices can come down some and quality/sizing is what it should be! I am not spending any more money with VIP...I am going to wait till conference and buy new stuff there!

jenniferknapp said:
Digitized for embroidery machines is different from digital. Digitized is a data file that includes the instructions so the embroidery machine knows which direction to stitch and how long the stitches are. If I had a digitizing program (typically $1200 for the software), I could probably do it myself, but getting it done and getting it done right are two completely different issues. Not to mention that it would be against policy.

jenniferknapp said:
Ah, that nasty © and ® issue raises its ugly head again. All kidding aside, TPC protects their trademarks and copyrights aggressively, I would expect nothing less.

I ordered something from VIP a couple of weeks ago... I orderd the Jacket... I thought hmmm their clothes have ran small before I better order bigger.. soooo drum roll please... ordered a 5x what the HECK was I thinking.... it wasa a flipping smock... and the 3 quarter sleeve shirt.... they both went back to be exchange for a bigger size...... now hopefully I will eget the right size.. becasue this all happend before yesterday........

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Yes, their customer service was good.
Well I don't know about that! I ordered a shirt - wanted it it two colors but made a mistake and separately chose the same color twice (if I wanted two wouldn't I have just put quantity 2 on the first one?:confused: ). Well I paid postage to send it back for a different color (after SPEAKING with someone about it) and now they left a message saying it's not available in the other color - do I want a credit or the shirt back? WHAT?

Well I returned the call but no response back yet. lol

I also have a stapler and a tape dispenser that I cannot use because I cannot find replacement staples or tape that fits them - cute but useless. If anyone has those and has found replacement tape or staples PLEASE TELL ME THE BRAND AND WHERE YOU GOT THEM!!!

KellyTheChef said:
I am very excited to see who our new vendor will be. Hopefully prices can come down some and quality/sizing is what it should be! I am not spending any more money with VIP...I am going to wait till conference and buy new stuff there!

ME TOO!!! That $300 in Conference Cash is burning a hole in my pocket, and I don't even have it yet!:D I'm excited to see new products from a new vendor - and I'm in wave one this year so I get to see them first.....yahoo!

Last year at conference they had the Pampered Chef flip flops and they only had a limited supply. There were TONS of people that wanted them. The guy who is in charge of the company was there and we asked him if they would be coming out on the website soon. He said no...no way. I have so much stuff in sizes that you guys aren't ordering, blah, blah, blah...I suggested that maybe this would be a good thing since he knows they were a huge hit at conference so he knows there would be a market for it. Nope was his answer. (reminded me of a pouty child)
Frankly, I was not impressed with much of their products (director store stinks) and the clothes I did like... I wouldn't pay that much for. I am not a bargin hunter and will pay for something that I will wear and/or find value in, but their prices were way off the mark.
After seeing this guy's attitude, I was glad I didn't see much I liked. And all the time he had this TUDE....there was a line of people a mile long buying things. It showed me how much he listened. :mad:

baychef said:
Last year at conference they had the Pampered Chef flip flops and they only had a limited supply. There were TONS of people that wanted them. The guy who is in charge of the company was there and we asked him if they would be coming out on the website soon. He said no...no way. I have so much stuff in sizes that you guys aren't ordering, blah, blah, blah...I suggested that maybe this would be a good thing since he knows they were a huge hit at conference so he knows there would be a market for it. Nope was his answer. (reminded me of a pouty child)
Frankly, I was not impressed with much of their products (director store stinks) and the clothes I did like... I wouldn't pay that much for. I am not a bargin hunter and will pay for something that I will wear and/or find value in, but their prices were way off the mark.
After seeing this guy's attitude, I was glad I didn't see much I liked. And all the time he had this TUDE....there was a line of people a mile long buying things. It showed me how much he listened. :mad:
That just shows poor marketing strategy and know-how. It's not our job to buy the sizes and items he orders, it's HIS (the company) job to have the sizes and items on-hand that we want/need! That's what keeps a company in business - obviously the guy had never heard of "Supply & Demand"!

Becky,
I hope the next company ASKS us for suggestions! You would think that would make sense, but hopefully, HO will have a committee of people like they do with other aspects of PC to help research this.:)

Like KG mentioned, I'm sure the new vendor has already been selected and is producing items to build up inventory for July. But you're completely right - I hope they take suggestions.
Slightly related- has anyone noticed that Merrill added a suggestion email address to their site?

I heard about VIP no longer being our vendor during leadership so I'm sure a new company is in place.

Well, I hope whoever it is will actually have stuff that us Canadians can purchase!
We could buy like 3 or 4 things from VIP - mostly crap...

Marg said:
Well, I hope whoever it is will actually have stuff that us Canadians can purchase!
We could buy like 3 or 4 things from VIP - mostly crap...

So you're jealous that your neighbors to the south got more crap to choose from?

raebates said:
So you're jealous that your neighbors to the south got more crap to choose from?
so true...and so funny!

I only bought a few things from them (I mosty buy used stuff on ebay, but would love to have brand new stuff in styles I actually like). They are way too pricey and the quality just isn't there. I tried every style sample they had available at conference last year (even the ones I didn't like), depending on the style, I could wear a small, medium, or a large.....now how am I supposed to order from them wih that much disparity in sizing?! My director came by my house last month and she had this really cute and comfortable looking waffle weave thermal pull-over shirt on.....loved it! She said it was several years old :( and didn't remember the vendor she bought it from. anyhow, here's hoping for a great new vendor that will have stuff we love!!!

chefann said:
Like KG mentioned, I'm sure the new vendor has already been selected and is producing items to build up inventory for July. But you're completely right - I hope they take suggestions.
Slightly related- has anyone noticed that Merrill added a suggestion email address to their site?
Thanks for sharing...I want pens with my name on them. Affordable too! I don't ask for too much!!!;) :D

I just received the HWC v neck t from them. I ordered a medium, because they said the chest was for 38 inch. It was a bit big, so I just washed it and it shrunk up. Besides the fit issue, it will work for me.

VIP was AIM, they just changed their name, but still the same company.... I've never been impressed with their customer service or their products, even if it's a company Jay started....

baychef said:

I am still stewing about not only the flip flops, but those adorable beach towels that sold out within the first hour.

<h2>1. Why do you suppose VIP got fired?</h2><p>Unfortunately, we are not able to comment on the specific reasons for VIP's termination. However, we can assure you that we always strive to maintain strong relationships with all of our clients and provide top-notch service.</p><h2>2. Do you believe they decided to "go in a different direction" away from their largest, and probably only, client?</h2><p>We cannot speak for VIP's decision-making process, but it is common for businesses to make changes in their partnerships in order to align with their overall goals and objectives. We are grateful for the time we had working with VIP and wish them all the best in their future endeavors.</p><h2>3. Did VIP's termination have any impact on your company?</h2><p>As a company, we are always prepared for any changes that may occur with our clients. While VIP was a valuable partner, we have a strong and diverse client base that allows us to continue providing high-quality products and services to our customers.</p><h2>4. Will you be seeking a new VIP client or focusing on other clients?</h2><p>We are always open to new partnerships and opportunities, but our main focus is on delivering exceptional experiences for our current clients. We will continue to prioritize providing top-notch service to all of our clients, regardless of their size or industry.</p><h2>5. How do you plan to fill the gap left by VIP's termination?</h2><p>We are constantly evaluating and adjusting our strategies to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our clients. While VIP's departure may create a temporary gap, we are confident in our abilities to adapt and continue providing excellent service to all of our clients.</p>

Related to Why Do You Suppose Vip Got Fired?

1. Why do you suppose VIP got fired?

Unfortunately, we are not able to comment on the specific reasons for VIP's termination. However, we can assure you that we always strive to maintain strong relationships with all of our clients and provide top-notch service.

2. Do you believe they decided to "go in a different direction" away from their largest, and probably only, client?

We cannot speak for VIP's decision-making process, but it is common for businesses to make changes in their partnerships in order to align with their overall goals and objectives. We are grateful for the time we had working with VIP and wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

3. Did VIP's termination have any impact on your company?

As a company, we are always prepared for any changes that may occur with our clients. While VIP was a valuable partner, we have a strong and diverse client base that allows us to continue providing high-quality products and services to our customers.

4. Will you be seeking a new VIP client or focusing on other clients?

We are always open to new partnerships and opportunities, but our main focus is on delivering exceptional experiences for our current clients. We will continue to prioritize providing top-notch service to all of our clients, regardless of their size or industry.

5. How do you plan to fill the gap left by VIP's termination?

We are constantly evaluating and adjusting our strategies to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our clients. While VIP's departure may create a temporary gap, we are confident in our abilities to adapt and continue providing excellent service to all of our clients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva