• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Something Scriptural to Think About While Shopping This Christmas

It's good to remember that we should not get too wrapped up in the things of this world. We should focus on the eternal things.
jrstephens
"When God spoke from Mount Sinai his voice shook the earth, but now he makes me another promise: Once again I will shake not only the earth but the heavens also. This means that the things on earth will be shaken, so that only eternal things will be left."
- Hebrews 12:26-27 NLT

Shopping Scriptures

We all know what the day after Thanksgiving is notorious for . . . shopping. It's even earned the nickname "Black Friday" because this is the day when many retailers finally get out of the red and start to show profits, which are then recorded in black ink. Many of us will spend some time today searching for that special something for our co-workers, friends, and family members. Even if we don't go shopping today, we probably will at some point in the next few weeks. But before we head out to hunt for the best deals, I'd like to call our attention to something that can help us this shopping season.

God's Word tells us that this world is in for a serious shakedown. At the end of the age, God will shake the heavens and earth to their very foundations, until the only things left are those with eternal value. Another place in Scripture tells us that everything in this world will be completely consumed by fire:

The heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and everything in them will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be exposed to judgment. (2 Peter 3:10 NLT)

So what's my point for sharing this before we go shopping? Simply this, there are things that won't last and there are things that will. We frequently fixate on things that will eventually be shaken and neglect the more important eternal matters. I'm not saying we shouldn't get something nice for someone we love, but let's keep things in perspective and not get all shook up over shakable things. Let's keep a heavenly outlook on life and allow it to be our guideline for getting and giving our gifts.

Do you allow the things of this world to shake you up? Why or why not?

Write the above verses down and refer to them over the course of this shopping season.

Thanks Jennifer. Tis the season for "ME, ME, ME" and it is refreshing to find someone who is thinking more about eternal things than worldly things. I get so frustrated because before halloween retailers already have their Thanksgiving and Christmas things out. It would be so nice if everyone would consentrate on the real reason for the season...Jesus Christ.

Thanks for the thought.

I takes each of US to concentrate on the true reason. I am in the midst of a big family (brothers/sisters) and all "religious" but it's interesting how little God is spoken of in my husband's family (esp since on is a priest and another a teacher in a Catholic school). I grew up knowing the true meaning of Christmas and being read the Bible. Each year I intend to make gifts more meaningful. As my mom puts it to my little girl. It's Jesus' birthday, but since He can't open gifts we do things to make Him happy and give gifts to each other. She's been talking about Jesus' birthday since Halloween...to every one we see. My little witness.Thanks, Jennifer. I always love to read something uplifting.

What is "Something Scriptural to Think About While Shopping This Christmas"?

"Something Scriptural to Think About While Shopping This Christmas" is a collection of Bible verses and reflections curated by Pampered Chef to inspire and bring meaning to your holiday shopping experience.

Is this collection only for Christians?

No, this collection is for anyone who wants to incorporate spirituality and reflection into their holiday shopping experience. While the verses are from the Bible, the messages and reflections can be meaningful for people of all faiths and backgrounds.

How can I access this collection?

This collection is available on the Pampered Chef website and can be accessed for free. You can also find it at select Pampered Chef parties and events.

Are the reflections and messages original or taken from other sources?

The Bible verses in this collection are taken directly from the Bible. The reflections and messages are curated by Pampered Chef and are a combination of original content and excerpts from other sources.

Can I share this collection with others?

Yes, please feel free to share this collection with your friends and family. You can share the link to the collection on social media or email it to your loved ones. Spread the joy and inspiration this holiday season!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies