• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Did Someone Order 130 Cake Testers?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the availability of cake testers for consultants to use in their businesses. Some are trying to order more but are having trouble with their payments, while others are looking for extras to purchase. The cake testers are popular because they are thin and can be used for other purposes, such as crafts and gift baskets. It is mentioned that they are being discontinued and can only be ordered in batches of 10. There is also some discussion about the Celebrate cookbook being sold in lots of 5 on supply order.
britishchef
I bet there'll be some head scratching at HO. :p

Is there for everyone on here or did you order a bunch of extras! HO is going to think you sure do bake a lot of cakes! :D

Wow! What are you doing with all those?! I want them to come back....

My damn paypal wouldnt let me put the $$ to you!! I've tried all weekend!

I need 10-15 of them or more and I cant make paypal cooperate!!! AHHHHHHH...ok, I feel better...lol

Darby you should have told me! I would have waited. I'm sorry, I thought everyone had had plenty of time to get in touch with me. :( And yep, they're for everyone on here.

Ugh...oh well, ce la vie. You dont happen to have any left do you???

Darby, I may have some at home. How many do you need?

WOW, that's a lot of cake testers! I wonder if HO will call you to ask why?

I don't know why they discontinued these! I love mine and everyone I gave one loved them too! So much better than toothpicks!

Where did you get them?I searched and couldn't find them, where did you find them?

Thanks,
KElley

Hey Kelley,

She lives in Scotland and they're still available there!;)

Darby I emailed them to see if I could add to it but it was already picking. I hope someone else has some for you. No question from them as to why!

Air Head Alert..what is the cake tester for? To see when its done??

chefann said:
Darby, I may have some at home. How many do you need?

I would love about 10, but I'll take as many as you have to offer. Let me know, Thanks!! :p

To see when the cake is completed without leaving a large slit from a knife or hole in the cake. The testers are mighty thin. I use them for crafts.

They're also a good card holder to pop into gift baskets. The ring on the end is double, so you can slip a piece of paper between them. (Or a match to light a fireplace.)

Darby- I'll try to remember to check my stash when I get home from work.

Any chance you might order any more?

HO is going to hold up the order and call you. Any quantities of 50 or more need to be pre-approved as per Recipe for Success.

They didn't Paige. Maybe because I only technically ordered 13... they come in batches of 10. Jodi, I won't be ordering anymore. They are discontinued next week and I would have to pay direct shipping on another stationary order. Sorry!

Can someone tell me??Ok, I know different areas have different products and promotions but am curious. I see that the cake testers were sold in lots of 10, was that a consultant deal - like supply order?

I heard someone talking the other day at a "Spring Kick Off" Susie Lite was at and they said they were ordering the Celebrate cookbook in as many lots of 5 as they could. I am not seeing where they are getting them - anyone know?

Thanks

Yes, I got them on supply order in batches of 10. I don't have an answer on the Celebrate cookbook because I only ever saw it sold as a single item on US supply for $5?

The Celebrate cookbook is currently on Supply Order for $5, but it's "limit 5 per consultant (or order)". That's the "lot of 5" that someone referred to.

Related to Why Did Someone Order 130 Cake Testers?

1. What are cake testers used for?

Cake testers are small, thin metal rods used to test the doneness of cakes, cupcakes, and other baked goods. They are inserted into the center of the baked good and if it comes out clean, the item is fully cooked.

2. How do I clean my cake testers?

Cake testers can be easily cleaned by washing them with warm water and soap, or by placing them in the dishwasher. Make sure to dry them thoroughly before storing them away.

3. Can cake testers be used for other purposes?

While cake testers are primarily used for testing cakes, they can also be used for other tasks such as checking the doneness of brownies, breads, and even vegetables.

4. Are the 130 cake testers all the same size?

Yes, all of our cake testers are the same size, making them perfect for consistent testing of all your baked goods.

5. Can I order a different quantity of cake testers?

Yes, we offer a variety of quantities for our cake testers, ranging from a single tester to a pack of 500. Simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to place a custom order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • PamperedPrincess74
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Euro Chef Sandi
  • chefsteph07