1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Why Customer Care Counts

1. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Here's what happened today. I got an out-of-the-blue call for a show. To find out how it happened, travel back with me in time . . .

Four and a half years ago I did a show at which the host was one of my friends. One of the guests was a woman I'll call Karrie. Two years later I ran into Karrie at a training event. She had had no interest in a PC business at the time of my show, but a year or so later she had gone to a show and decided to give it a try. The funny thing was that she still got my enewsletter because she enjoyed it. I expressed my best wishes on her new business and thanked her for her kind words about my newsletter.

At NC 2008 I spoke with a director who turned out to be Karrie's director. I found out from her that Karrie's life had changed a bit, and she had stepped away from her PC business.

Two months ago I got an email from Karrie. She was giving me a heads-up about her friend who might be calling. She was thinking about a fall show. Karrie had had a show or two with other consultants she knew from her cluster, but she kept thinking about how much fun she had at the show I'd done years ago. Since she was still getting my enewsletter, she was sure I was still a lot of fun. I told her it was amazing that she'd called when she did. I was just getting ready to institute a referral program. Details would be in my next newsletter.

Today Karrie's friend called. She scheduled a September show. She's always had "big parties," and is excited to get started on this one. I just emailed Karrie with her reward for the referral.

I keep thinking that if I had dropped her from my enewsletter list because she'd started her own business I'd never have this show. And, who knows where this show will lead.

Customer care (whether it's calls, newsletters, or kind words) really does count.

Aug 25, 2009
  2. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

That is awesome Rae!

Aug 25, 2009
  3. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Fantastic! Now I have to get the strength to make those calls...

Aug 25, 2009
  4. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

...and now i MUST start an enewsletter!!!!

Aug 25, 2009
  5. letmepamperu13

letmepamperu13 Member

Wow! That is fantastic! I just started getting back in the swing of CCC after slacking off for (gulp) 2 years! EEK!
    I could kick myself for not working this in my business because not only did I get 2 orders (yee-haw!) but just the major mood boost after hearing again and again "I am soooo glad you called! It is so great to hear from you! I LOVE my items!".
    I now schedule these in just about every day for at least 15 minutes but sometimes I get so caught up that I find an hour goes by and I am sad to have to stop and do something else.

6. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

Awesome, Rae! And, now I must steal...er "borrow"... someone's newsletter!

Aug 25, 2009
  7. raebates

I'm a fan of creative adaptation, myself. ;)

Aug 26, 2009
  8. erinyourpclady

erinyourpclady Veteran Member Gold Member

And that is why the $2 a month I spend on Joy's newsletter is the BEST $$$ I have invested in my business apart from my initial investment!

9. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2009
  10. aried

aried Advanced Member Gold Member

Thanks for shareing Rae, Now I will go back and put those inactive consultants of mine back on my email list.

Ann

Aug 26, 2009
  11. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

I had several shows as a host with a consultant. She had always asked me about the business, but never really gave "ME" a reason to join. A year later, I met a friend of my husband's, who had just moved to Oregon from California. She was trying to get her PC business off to a start in her new town. I had a show. Three months later, I joined PC. I have been with PC for 5 years now. I'm my director's #1 recruit. The other consultant had never even called to book a show with me again. It helps to stay in contact. Things do change, and if we look at "the why" the business may work for everyone and listen for their needs, it works.

12. raebates

This show was held last night. Wow!

First, the former consultant was there. I found out that I had a piece of the puzzle wrong. She had just signed up with someone else when she came to that first show but didn't tell me.

Last night she told everyone how helpful she finds my newsletter.

Oh, BTW, the show will close Thursday morning. Right now it's sitting at just under $1,500. :) Oh, yeah!

Sep 22, 2009
  13. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Wahoo for you, Rae!

Sep 22, 2009
  14. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

Woot woot you go rae!!! :)

Sep 22, 2009
Have something to add?