• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Objections: Tips for Handling Rejection in Customer Care Calls

In summary, the person was turned down by the customer because they were busy and did not want to receive the newsletter.
babywings76
Gold Member
I am making some Customer care calls today. The first person I contacted was a guest who placed an outside order on-line. Since I have her e-mail address, I thought when I called her I'd see if she would be interested in receiving my monthly newsletters. She said, "No, I don't think so. I'm busy with work and everything." I wonder what a good response would be. I mean, aren't we all busy? I wasn't asking her about hosting, just in receiving my newsletter. I guess she is figuring that a newsletter now would mean I'd pester her for hosting later or something. I could tell by her tone that she just was wanting to brush me off. So I just told her I understand and that's okay, and if she needs anything don't hesitate to call.

So, depending on their tone, what are the optional things you say when people turn you down?

Also, this makes me wonder if I should contact them through e-mail (the ones who ordered on-line).

The way I understand it they have an option to not show contact information to us on the website. With this in mind I think they are fair game to send the newsletter, otherwise they could have not shown the contact information. TMHO

First, I would not make the assumption that if someone gives you an e-mail online, it gives you permission to send them the newsletter. Most people are used to submitting their e-mail address with a web order, and may not take the extra step to conceal that information from you. At shows, I explicitly state that if you give me your e-mail, I will send you the newsletter. The last thing I need is to get a nasty-gram from someone who did not want my newsletter, and risk losing future orders.

What Amanda did was right, and unfortunately you were turned down cold by this person. You responded the only polite way you could.

When I ask for permission to send the newsletter, I try to make it enticing, saying that they will get recipes, meal ideas, and outlet specials.

Hope that helps -

susanr613 said:
First, I would not make the assumption that if someone gives you an e-mail online, it gives you permission to send them the newsletter. Most people are used to submitting their e-mail address with a web order, and may not take the extra step to conceal that information from you. ...

Yes, if I am ordering online, and I provide my email address, I would assume I am providing that as an extra way for contact if there was an issue/update with my order.
So, I guess I agree that I would not assume that it gives permission to send the newsletter.
But then again, in situations that I have gotten emails from online orders, I do add them to my email newsletter list. But I only send one a month and nothing else. I have gotten one request to remove someone (that I had gotten an email thru an online order). I apologized and told them I would remove them.

Maybe it's the wording of how you asked? "Would you like to be added to my newsletter list?" prompts an almost automatic "No" from most people. Try something along the lines of "I send out a newsletter with recipes once a month, and I'd love to include you. Would that be ok?" I've found that a question ending with "ok?" is more likely to get an "ok" response.

And of course, if they ever change their minds, they can just unsubscribe.

I agree with NooraK. I make sure that they know what the newsletter is (info on specials, my sales, tips, recipes and the outlet update) and that they can always let me know if they don't want it after all. People LOVE a sale.

1. How do I handle objections from potential customers?

When faced with an objection, it is important to first listen to the customer's concerns. Then, empathize with their viewpoint and acknowledge their objection. Next, provide them with additional information or solutions that address their concern. Finally, ask for their feedback to ensure their objection has been resolved.

2. What are the most common objections customers have towards Pampered Chef products?

Some common objections include price, product quality, and the need for the product. To overcome these objections, highlight the value and benefits of the products, offer a satisfaction guarantee, and provide customer testimonials or reviews.

3. How can I prevent objections from arising in the first place?

To prevent objections, it is important to thoroughly understand the products and their features, as well as the needs and wants of potential customers. This will allow you to proactively address any concerns and provide tailored solutions before they become objections.

4. How do I handle objections from customers who have had a negative experience with a similar product before?

In this situation, it is important to acknowledge the customer's previous experience and empathize with their frustration. Then, highlight the differences and unique features of Pampered Chef products that set them apart from the previous product. Offer a demonstration or trial to showcase the quality and effectiveness of the products.

5. What is the best way to handle objections from customers who are not interested in hosting a party or becoming a consultant?

When faced with objections regarding hosting a party or becoming a consultant, it is important to first understand the reasons behind their objections. Then, offer alternative options such as attending a virtual party or purchasing products directly. Highlight the benefits of hosting or becoming a consultant, but also respect their decision if they are not interested.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • Mary
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • esavvymom