• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why are professional cookware sets getting bent after use?

I called customer service and they sent me a new saucepan out the next day. The cookware set I own includes a saucepan and a skillet and both of them warped after only a few uses. I called customer service and they sent me a new saucepan out the next day.
CAmomCookin4U
:confused: Ok, have you all had customers tell you that there cookware is bent?

Several pieces after use have become bent (& no, no hammers were involved) or dh's.
Is this a fluke or what's up with pans getting all bent?

A January host of mine received a lid that was bent and rusty

Teresa Lynn said:
A January host of mine received a lid that was bent and rusty
This wasn't received bent:( That would be easier to explain.
The pans have become bent with use:eek: Not Abuse just Use:confused:

Don't know the answer, but I'm curious as well. I've had several people at my last couple of shows bring that up as well. I've just told them that there is a lifetime guarantee and ask if they still have the receipt.

Did she get the cookware from you? If so, call HO and explain to them, they will then give you a ref# have her send it back with the ref#(she will have to pay shipping because it is over 30 days) and her receipt.

I had a piece of my Executive Cookware (my 4 qt casserole Pot) that became bent...couldn't figure out how...I just went to put the lid on it, and it wouldn't fit, and I realized that the pot was flattened on one side.....no idea how it could happen, but I called HO, and they sent out a replacement pot the next day!

Yes, I did have a customer who had the fam skillet and the bottom was very rounded. It became this way over time. I told her we could return it, but she never followed up with me.

Thanks for the replys. I will follow up on it about the receipts. Thanks again

There's actually a special number on the back of the catalog for customers to call about lifetime guarantee items. It's 800-808-5395.

Question on skillet returnWant to ask a question here.

I have a host who got the executive 12" pan and it looks like it was dropped. It has a little rust like mark on the bottom and then 3-4 rough spots on the bottom also. All along the bottom edge.

She didn't drop it, in fact I was there when she opened it. She wants to send it back, but for one hates to be without it, waited a long time before she could afford to get one, and second she is afraid they are going to think she dropped it and not give her a return and she will be out a skillet.

Any expert advice for me here?

Could you call Cust Svc for her and explain the situation to them?

I will call them tomorrow when I have more time for them to call me back! LOL!!

She was just worried she wouldn't get a new one. I have never returned something like the cookware before, so wasn't sure if they wait for it to come in, then send out a new one, or send a new one out the same day they pick yours up.

She just really wanted to use it.

Oh well-

Kelly

Usually they wait until the old one has come back in before sending out the new one.

But they are really good about doing the returns, so she needn't worry that they won't replace it.

Call CSR service for her and explain what happened. Maybe they can send one out right away.

I just had to replace a saucepan from my professional cookware set because it warped. After I washed it (by hand, never in the dishwasher) I noticed the lid no longer fit. It was slightly flattened on one side. I have no idea what causes this.

Related to Why are professional cookware sets getting bent after use?

Q: What is the difference between non-stick and stainless steel cookware?

A: Non-stick cookware has a coating that prevents food from sticking to the surface, making it easier to clean and requiring less oil for cooking. Stainless steel cookware does not have a non-stick coating and is more durable, but may require more oil or butter to prevent sticking.

Q: How do I properly care for my professional cookware?

A: It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for caring for your specific cookware, but in general, hand washing with warm soapy water and avoiding harsh scrubbers or abrasive cleaners is recommended. Avoid using metal utensils on non-stick surfaces and make sure to dry your cookware thoroughly before storing.

Q: Can professional cookware be used on all stovetops?

A: Most professional cookware is designed to be used on all stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. However, it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure compatibility with your specific stovetop.

Q: How do I know when it's time to replace my professional cookware?

A: The lifespan of cookware can vary depending on usage and care, but signs that it may be time to replace your professional cookware include scratches or chips in non-stick coatings, warping or discoloration of the metal, and loose or broken handles.

Q: What is the best type of cookware for high-heat cooking?

A: Stainless steel and cast iron are both great options for high-heat cooking as they can withstand high temperatures without warping or damaging the surface. Just be sure to use oven mitts or potholders when handling hot cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amairead
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • bbenton4
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
bbenton4
  • melindagilbert