• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why are my website messages going to spam folders?

In summary, the issue seems to be that most of the notices went to their spam folders. You can try to send the emails to yourself first and then forward them to the recipients.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
I just sent out my "visit my website" notice to all my customers with email addresses. The problem is that most of the notices went to their spam folders?? I only sent it to no more than 8 people at a time. Does anyone have any tips in dealing with this issue? I don't know if my customers will receive the notice. Is this an issue that always happens? This is really handy to have but if it always goes to the spam folder, I will need to find another way to contact my customers. Anyone have any answers:confused:

While you sent out to only 8 people at a time how much time did you have lapse in-between each sending?

I'm not sure if this normally happens or not. It may depend on whether the person has set up your email address as not span/added you to their address books.

I do all my contacts in Outlook. I set up groups of 10 people and send out to one group an hour until I've gone through my various groups. I like doing it this way as I have a copy of the email I sent and I can set it up to do read receipt.

How do you know if it went into their spam folders?

My first host said all her web invites went to spam folders - the personal contact is how she found out and she resent them so they could look for them.

Oh... I was hoping there was a way to check. Shucks.

I have noticed that EVERY message that is sent from the website is being marked as "unsafe" by hotmail/msn. (I emailed myself a couple of copies of recipes from CC). This bugged me so I did some research on why... because of the prevalence of spoofed messages (messages that look like they come from a legitimate site, but don't), anytime the send from is different than the actual sender they are now getting flagged (in this case it was PC.com sending the email but it "looked" like it came from me so it was flagged as a possible fraudulent message). I'm not sure how PC is going to get around this issue.

I have noticed that my hosts that reply to the emails sent from my PWS often have RE: SPAM <my subject line> so they are being marked as potential spam by their email systems, even though they are the ONLY recipient.

To help avoid this I send customer emails to myself first and then forward from within my personal email accounts. May have to start doing this with the host emails too.

Last edited:
You know, I've sent out a few e-mails from my web-site (mostly regarding the registry) and I've never gotten any type of response, I wondered if it even worked. This certainly explains everything. I think I'll use your suggestion Laura of sending it to myself and then forwarding. Thanks!

I am having the same problem. I would guess that at least 3/4 of my emails dont get to where I want them sent!!! That was a big reason I got the PWS. I am not sure how to take care of this. I have a wedding shower and registry going on right now. Twice I have sent emails to the bride but she never gets them. It's frustrating!!

Has anyone email HO about these issues??? They might have a resolution we dont know about. Does anyone know if you can set up groups in gmail to have it sent to the groups with about 5-8 people in each group?

It's also a matter of how the recipient has their email set up (or how their corporate structure does).

For instance my personal email that I've had for almost 10 years now (wow!) I have very strong spam filters -- you only get into my inbox if I have listed you as a "safe" sender or if you are in my address book. I do check my junk mailbox several times a day so that I can mark those messages I want as safe. (hotmail account)

My business email (msn account) doesn't have the same filters because I want to be able to get emails from my customers delivered to my blackberry (which doesn't get the junk emails).

When I worked in a corporate environment our tech dept set the junk filters. I was able to mark things as safe sometimes -- other times the firewall filtered the email so I didn't get the chance to (my friend has a problem with EVER getting anything from evite.com, she can go online and look but doesn't get the initial invite, nor does anyone else at her company)

I send myself emails from my own PWS and they don't even end up in my junk or spam folder. It's becoming a hassle! I don't know where they go!!

lisatx04 said:
I send myself emails from my own PWS and they don't even end up in my junk or spam folder. It's becoming a hassle! I don't know where they go!!

Many ISPs have junk filters that we don't know about. So its possible your ISP is blocking the emails as junk. You could try contacting your ISP and talkign to the tech support dept.

amerrigan said:
Has anyone email HO about these issues??? They might have a resolution we dont know about. Does anyone know if you can set up groups in gmail to have it sent to the groups with about 5-8 people in each group?

I don't have gmail but went into the help area and found a discussion where someone recommended:

The way I handled it is to put the name of the group in everyone in the
group's remark block. When you want to send a message enter the list
name in Mail Search. All names with the group name in the remarks
block will come up.

amerrigan said:

Wow! Do you really only send that many at a time? How long does it take you?
I have 4 distribution lists set up in outlook with 60-70 in each.
When I had yahoo, I could only have about 30 in each and had to wait between each. It was very slow and time consuming, I can't imagine doing only 8 at a time. Is that the only way you can do it?

What is the purpose of "Messages Sent From Website" on the Pampered Chef website?

The "Messages Sent From Website" feature allows customers to send inquiries or feedback directly to the Pampered Chef team through the website.

How do I access the "Messages Sent From Website" feature?

To access this feature, simply click on the "Contact Us" link located in the website's footer. This will direct you to a page where you can fill out a form to send your message.

What information should I include in my message?

To ensure the best response, please include your name, email address, and a detailed description of your inquiry or feedback in the message. You can also select a specific category for your message to help us direct it to the appropriate team.

How long does it take to receive a response to my message?

We strive to respond to all messages within 24-48 hours. However, during busy periods it may take longer. We appreciate your patience and will do our best to address your message as soon as possible.

Can I send a message through the "Messages Sent From Website" feature regarding product orders or returns?

No, this feature is specifically for inquiries and feedback related to the website and general product information. For questions about orders or returns, please contact our customer service team directly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMary412
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Sheila