• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Red Bar Missing on My Website: Should I Be Concerned?

In summary, the "red bar " is missing from the top of the pages on personal websites. HO says it's just an indicator and that it's not a big deal. Someone else had mentioned that the bar might direct a customer to a local Director's website instead of mine.
michelletx
Hi Everyone,

I noticed on my personal website today that the "red bar " is missing from the top of the pages. I called HO and they said not to worry, that it is just an indicator.

My concern is that once before when an online order went to my director instead of me, their solution was that the customer should always make sure that the red bar is at the top when they submit an order.

Anyone else ever have this issue? Should I be concerned?

I think it's funny when they say that the customer should look for that. MOST figure it's no big deal if it doesn't go to the right person b/c their intention was there. THEY shouldn't have to do more than order. After all, they think they are in the right place.

I do not know what red bar you are referring to?

Once you goto a personal website and proceed past the front page, such as viewing the catalog or choosing to order products, there should be a red bar near the top of the page with text in it indicating the name of the consultant.

should this show up if you are viewing your own website?

cookingwith_tara said:
should this show up if you are viewing your own website?

Yes, mine usually does.

Oh I think I know what you are talking about now. Mine was never red though. It was always the same color as the rest of my website. But, my name and info is missing today, too. Looks like the whole thing has gotten a makeover. That makes me a little nervous since someone could potentially leave my website and not know it.

Get_Pampered said:
That makes me a little nervous since someone could potentially leave my website and not know it.

Exactly....especially since the "solution center" told me that was what caused a sale to go to my director instead of me once.

:grumpy:

ok...the bar is back now.
It's gray this time, which is fine with me, at least it's back!

The "log in to CC" page has also changed colors, so that previously burgundy bar is now grey. I think a CC redesign is on the horizon. ;)

It took me to mine, but I was already logged into my own site and I've noticed that when you visit your own site, you stay logged into it for a certain about of time.

In other words, if i want to visit my directors site, but have already visited my own, then I have to close my browser and wait a while before I reboot the browser.

Perhaps someone else out there can visit your link for you, or I will try it again when I get back from dinner. :)

Thanks for trying. Someone had mentioned that it would direct a customer to a local Director's website instead of mine.

It'll direct to the last site someone viewed, unless they've since cleared their browser cookies.

chefann said:
It'll direct to the last site someone viewed, unless they've since cleared their browser cookies.

ah, that makes sense because it still goes to mine.

1. Why is the red bar missing on my website?

There could be several reasons why the red bar is missing on your website. It could be due to a technical issue, a change in the website's design, or an error in the code. It's best to troubleshoot the issue to determine the exact cause.

2. Should I be concerned if the red bar is missing?

If the red bar is a crucial element of your website and its absence affects the functionality or user experience, then it's best to address the issue as soon as possible. However, if the red bar is purely for aesthetic purposes and does not impact the website's performance, then there is no need to be concerned.

3. How can I fix the red bar missing on my website?

The first step is to determine the cause of the issue. If it's a technical problem, you may need to contact your website developer or hosting provider for assistance. If it's a design change, you can try reverting to a previous version of your website or implementing a new design. If it's a coding error, you may need to fix it yourself or hire a professional to do it for you.

4. Can the red bar missing affect my website's SEO?

If the red bar contains important information or links, its absence may impact your website's SEO. However, if it's purely for design purposes, then it should not affect your SEO. It's best to consult with an SEO expert to determine the potential impact on your website's search engine rankings.

5. Is there a way to prevent the red bar from disappearing in the future?

If the red bar is disappearing due to technical or coding issues, it's important to address and fix these problems to prevent it from happening again. If it's a design change, you can try saving a backup of your website's previous version to easily revert to if needed. Regularly checking and maintaining your website can also prevent future issues from occurring.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikkies
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Chef Laurie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PCGINA
  • sweetpea8852