• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Am I Still Getting Spam? Discover the Truth Behind Annoying Junk Emails

it's sunny.Partly cloudy is 51% or over in cloud cover. Partly sunny means less than 50% cloud cover. So when the ratio of clouds to blue sky goes from under 50% to over 50%... it's sunny.
raebates
Staff member
I have a spam filter, but a lot of junk still gets through. I was clearing out my inbox today when something occurred to me. When I get an email for enhancing body parts I don't even have, I recognize immediately that I've been anonymously spammed and delete it without opening and without a second thought. However, when I receive an email for the latest miracle weight-loss product, I have a fleeting moment of wondering if someone I know has sent it to me as a suggestion. Don't get me wrong; I delete it without opening. Still, I have that wee, little moment of wonder.

Is there anything that has you wondering why? :confused:

Daily.Dating sites, copy watches, body part enhancements, photos of...um...barnyard animals and...um...you get the idea.
492229483ceb925c498.gif

Last edited:
spam_drive.jpg

I also sometimes wonder why they call spam, well, spam.

Yes, I wonder why glue doesn't stick to the inside of the bottle, why a duck's quack doesn't echo, and why sheep don't shrink in the rain...

Inquiring minds want to know! :)

raebates said:
I also sometimes wonder why they call spam, well, spam.

Especially when the correct culinary term for Spam is Forcedmeats! Hmmmm

Yeah, and cows are made of leather. Why don't they shrink in the rain?

See- these are valid questions I have- and I'd like some answers! :)

When lightning strikes the ocean why don't all the fish die?

Sorry, no answers here. Just questions.

Why is yawning contagious?

OT - Chefann, I checked out the jewelry, and they are sooo cute!! I'm not a jewelry wearer myself, but when I start getting my recruits . . .

Sarah

Now why am I not surprised that Ann popped in with the Spam answer???

Sorry, Kacey. A duck's quack does echo, as does every other sound wave there is. That's just another one of those goofy urban myths.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Sorry, Kacey. A duck's quack does echo, as does every other sound wave there is. That's just another one of those goofy urban myths.

You must watch mythbusters too! ;)

Why does grief (sadness, "broken heart", whatever) cause actual pain in one's chest??

janetupnorth said:
You must watch mythbusters too! ;)
No, I have a brother who is a rocket scientist. I made the mistake of asking him why the sky is blue. I don't ask stuff like that anymore.

I know why the crack in your hiney is straight up and down instead of side to side.......

Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

When does partly cloudy turn into partly sunny?

crissy11 said:
I know why the crack in your hiney is straight up and down instead of side to side.......

Okay, why?

Thanks for the answer about spam, Ann!Maybe you can answer this. Why do we de-plane, but we don't de-bus, de-car, or de-train?

if your crack was side to side in your hiney when you went down a slide you would go bump, bump, bump..... The Schwan man told that at my last PC party.. it was hilarious seeing his motions as he told it. He came in to get the hostess order and told about 5 jokes while he was waiting.. I can't remember the others but they were all thought provoking. He would make a great consultant...

That's great!

I'm with Kitchen Guy... my husband is a mechanical engineer... I've stopped asking these types of questions... and quit stick shift lessons (he had one and we thought we should both be able to drive each other's car just in case) when he said "I know you don't want a technical explaination of what the engine's doing when you shift, but..." and launched into a 20 minute narrative that left him sleeping on the couch. We went out and got him an automatic the next week...

The Furry Guy has learned, after 23 years of marriage, that he can explain all he wants. That doesn't mean I'll understand or retain the information. Therefore, it's a waste of his time to explain anything mechanical to me at all. (He doesn't do the whole technical thing, so that isn't an issue.)Besides, I don't necessarily expect answers to the "I wonder why" questions. That said, I wonder why hair on your head is a beautiful thing. Hair on the counter or table (even if it's your own or your loved one's) is disgusting.

KaceyYou'll hate me for this but partly cloudy is 51% or over in cloud cover. Partly sunny means less than 50% cloud cover. So when the ratio of clouds to blue sky goes from under 50% to over 50% coverage it becomes partly cloudy. And vice-versa. I had to take a weather course in high school. Oh and mostly cloudy is over 75% cloud cover.
Gotta ask...
If your crack ran back and forth instead of up and down, wouldn't it also be easier to get your waist bands stuck where you didn't want them? Thus causing a self induced wedgie? So wouldn't we dress differently? And would you have to sit sideways to do your business? Yeah and why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway? And what is the real difference between a lania and a patio?

Last edited:
We don't hate you, John. We reserve the right to publicly mock you for knowing the answer, but we don't hate you. LOL!

pampered1224 said:
You'll hate me for this but partly cloudy is 51% or over in cloud cover. Partly sunny means less than 50% cloud cover. So when the ratio of clouds to blue sky goes from under 50% to over 50% coverage it becomes partly cloudy. And vice-versa. I had to take a weather course in high school. Oh and mostly cloudy is over 75% cloud cover.
Gotta ask...
If your crack ran back and forth instead of up and down, wouldn't it also be easier to get your waist bands stuck where you didn't want them? Thus causing a self induced wedgie? So wouldn't we dress differently? And would you have to sit sideways to do your business? Yeah and why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway? And what is the real difference between a lania and a patio?

Sweet! Thanks for the answer! :)

What can I say...I was the nerdy one in the back of the room paying attention! To bad I can't afford it any more!

LBurke said:
I'm with Kitchen Guy... my husband is a mechanical engineer... I've stopped asking these types of questions... and quit stick shift lessons (he had one and we thought we should both be able to drive each other's car just in case) when he said "I know you don't want a technical explaination of what the engine's doing when you shift, but..." and launched into a 20 minute narrative that left him sleeping on the couch. We went out and got him an automatic the next week...
Anyone can learn to drive a manual transmission - just don't try to take lessons from your spouse. That outta be a law.

When I got a manual transmission, one of the guys from the dealership came out and gave me a lesson. Of course, I was a cute, little 18 year old at the time.

...why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?

...why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed?

...why you don't ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

.....why "abbreviated" is such a long word?

...why doctors call what they do "practice"?

...why you have to click on "Start" to stop Windows 98?

.....why lemon juice is made with artificial flavor, while dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons?

...why the man who invests all your money is called a broker?

...why there isn't mouse-flavored cat food?

...who tastes dog food when it has a "new & improved" flavor?

...why Noah didn't swat those two mosquitoes?

...why they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

...why they don't make the whole plane out of the material used for the indestructible black box ?

...why sheep don't shrink when it rains?

...why they are called apartments when they are all stuck together?

...if con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?

...why they call the airport "the terminal" if flying is so safe?

KellyTheChef said:

.....why lemon juice is made with artificial flavor, while dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons?

...why they don't make the whole plane out of the material used for the indestructible black box ?

...why sheep don't shrink when it rains? ...why they are called apartments when they are all stuck together?

Hey, I already asked that! :) I've been wondering that since grade school!

If tin whistles are made of tin,

What do they make fog horns out of?​

If a train stops at a train station and...

A bus stops at a bus station...

What happens at a work station?​

If olive oil is made from olives and...

Corn oil is made from corn...

What is baby oil made from?​

Answer
KellyTheChef said:

...why sheep don't shrink when it rains?

...why they are called apartments when they are all stuck together?

To compensate for all of the abbreviations...

Oh I wonder, wonder, wonder who... who wrote the book of love?

katie0128 said:
Oh I wonder, wonder, wonder who... who wrote the book of love?

Ohhhh.....nnnnoooooo!!

Now that song's gonna be in my head!

:sing::sing::sing:

For all the times I've viewed this thread, that song just now popped into my head.

Oh, look ^^^^ and that rhymed! I'm getting a little loopy - almost time to go home!

I haven't been on for several days & missed this wonderful thread!!! I was always told that SPAM meant Stuff Posing As Meat!Bev

1. Why do I still receive spam emails even though I have a spam filter?

Spam filters are designed to catch and filter out spam emails, but they are not 100% effective. Some spam emails may still get through, especially if they are cleverly disguised or come from a new source. Additionally, spammers are constantly changing their tactics to try and bypass spam filters.

2. How do spammers get my email address?

There are a few ways spammers can obtain your email address. They may purchase email lists from other companies or websites that you have provided your email address to. They may also use automated programs to generate random email addresses in the hopes of reaching a real one. Sometimes, they may even obtain email addresses through hacking or data breaches.

3. Is it safe to open spam emails?

No, it is not safe to open spam emails. They may contain viruses, malware, or links to malicious websites that can harm your computer or steal your personal information. It is best to delete them without opening them.

4. Can I stop receiving spam emails altogether?

Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to completely stop receiving spam emails. However, you can take steps to reduce the amount of spam you receive. This includes being cautious about giving out your email address, using a spam filter, and regularly deleting suspicious emails without opening them.

5. What should I do if I accidentally open a spam email?

If you accidentally open a spam email, do not click on any links or download any attachments. Close the email immediately and run a virus scan on your computer. You can also mark the email as spam or report it to your email provider to help prevent similar emails from reaching your inbox in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • kcjodih