• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Why People Are Unliking My Fan Page - Get to the Root of the Issue!

In summary, Shelby is saying that she has been on Facebook for over two years, but she is not able to find a way to have a fan page. She has tried to understand how to have a fan page, but she is not sure if she is too old to understand it.
ShelbyMichalek
For some reason I had 35 and every day there seems to be less and less. Now I only have 29! I'm wondering who and why people are leaving. I'm tempted to post something like this.

So it looks like people are "unliking" this page. I ask that before you unlike please send me a private message telling me what part you are dissastified with! I don't mean to annoy you or spam your front page. Let me know what's up and we can work on it!

I'm not on FB, but maybe you can let a few consultants know what your page is and they can give you some feedback too? Maybe start with some you know you'll get honest feedback of impression.Obviously- you can't please all of the people all of the time. Don't make ANY mention of sales or specials. (I wouldn't). Just talk about some recipes you made or really like, or tips you can share for the upcoming holiday.

Don't jump to conclusions. It may be that they have left Fb. I know a lot of people who have been"kicked off" of Fb and they don't know why.

Your note sounds like you are taking it very personal. Don't let it go there bless and release.

I'd recommend that you make a list of who your fans are today. If you notice tomorrow, one of them is gone, then do a customer care call about a product they've bought from you in the past. Maybe they will bring up why they dropped your page. You could always ask them for some constructive critisim aobut your site, what did they like, what did they not like.

I wouldn't put it out publicly on your page that people are leaving -- don't want to give anyone else ideas...

Personally, i've dropped people's fan pages because i don't want all the "spam" on my wall. I'd be caught off guard if someone called me on it, but not if you call me about something else.

I PMd some good friends and asked them to give me honest, brutal feedback.

Yea, I'm not going to post anything. I really am having the worst possible day today and this was just one of those things that made my tolerance string a little shorter.

Shelby what do you post on your Fanpage? I mostly post tips, recipes and product suggestions, but I do send my newsletter to my fanpage and post the monthly specials. I will DEFINITELY post my Black Friday sales on my fanpage. But like Loreo said, you can't take it personally. Find a format that works for you and stick with it. I try not to post more than twice a day. I have done more, but my standard is 1-2. I also ask for my "fans" to share the page with their friends and family. I have set it a goal and when we hit the goal in fan number I will have a drawing for a Large Round Stone. I have 2 in my garage.

I try to keep it light and fun. I try to encourage feedback. That was the thing that discourages me sometimes, when no comments or asks questions. So, I try to word my posts so that they know it is "okay" to comment.

Like Dori says, "just keep swimming". It will balance out.

Yes, the lack of comments get me down sometimes too.I also try to keep it light. I post a lot of recipes, and usage tips. I was disappointed that I wasn't getting sales, but then I realized I was influencing sales, they just weren't coming to me to ask, they were waiting for a show in their circle of friends. I haven't lost any fans yet, but I know I'd be inclined to take it personally too. I guess we really can't though. Try to keep it light and fun, and try to post no more than twice per day. I sometimes have two posts in one day, but then nothing for several days. It all averages out! :)

ok...I have to ask this because my head is starting to hurt. I have been on Facebook for over 2 years, but I cannot seem to find out how to have a fan page. From what I am trying to understand, since i had a Facebook account I will always have that same account and can not achieve fan page status? Is there a way to have a fan page that I missed somewhere? Maybe i am too old to understand this whole Facebook thing, but I sure would like to try. Shelby, I visited your Fan page and love it! I want one too.....:cry:

otisbg said:
ok...I have to ask this because my head is starting to hurt. I have been on Facebook for over 2 years, but I cannot seem to find out how to have a fan page. From what I am trying to understand, since i had a Facebook account I will always have that same account and can not achieve fan page status? Is there a way to have a fan page that I missed somewhere? Maybe i am too old to understand this whole Facebook thing, but I sure would like to try. Shelby, I visited your Fan page and love it! I want one too.....:cry:

If you go to Shelby's page and scroll down a little, you'll see on the left where it says Create a Page for my Business. If you click that, you can create your own FB Fan page. :)

OMG!! It is amazing - I did it!! Now I have to wait until I get home form work to work on it...can't afford to quit my day job yet.
Thanks so very much for helping me! You made my head stop hurting!;)
Another reason why I love Chef Success!!

How do you send your newsletter to your fanpage?

Krista Burson said:
How do you send your newsletter to your fanpage?

Yes, I'd love to know that too!

Some of the newsletter sending services create an online version of it as well, and you can get an URL that you can then post to your FB page. Often, there will be an link in the newsletter that says something like "Having trouble viewing this newsletter? Click here". For me, with MailChimp, there's even a Social Share option.

does tasty tidbits offer something like that or does it have to come from the mail service?

otisbg said:
does tasty tidbits offer something like that or does it have to come from the mail service?

TT is not a mailing service. It has to come from whoever sends out the emails, since that company has to have the resources to host the newsletter online. I believe the HO newsletter has that feature, too.

Thanks for the tips Noora! Going to have to look and see what options I have with mine. It's so cool that it's an option!

Chef Kearns said:
Shelby what do you post on your Fanpage? I mostly post tips, recipes and product suggestions, but I do send my newsletter to my fanpage and post the monthly specials. I will DEFINITELY post my Black Friday sales on my fanpage. But like Loreo said, you can't take it personally. Find a format that works for you and stick with it. I try not to post more than twice a day. I have done more, but my standard is 1-2. I also ask for my "fans" to share the page with their friends and family. I have set it a goal and when we hit the goal in fan number I will have a drawing for a Large Round Stone. I have 2 in my garage.

I try to keep it light and fun. I try to encourage feedback. That was the thing that discourages me sometimes, when no comments or asks questions. So, I try to word my posts so that they know it is "okay" to comment.

Like Dori says, "just keep swimming". It will balance out.

I would like to look at both of your pages. I can find Shelby's, but not yours. How do you find your page? I have not started a page yet and hope checking out other consultants will help me plan mine. Thanks!

Where's your page? I'll like it! :)

Chef Kearns, can you post a link or address to your page?

Aurora said:
Where's your page? I'll like it! :)

Thanks! LOL, you can actually search my name. But the url is /shelbyskitchen.

Related to Discover Why People Are Unliking My Fan Page - Get to the Root of the Issue!

What happens when I unlike a fan page?

When you unlike a fan page, you will no longer receive updates or posts from that page on your newsfeed. You will also no longer be counted as a fan of that page.

How can I unlike a fan page?

To unlike a fan page, go to the page and click the "Liked" button at the top of the page. This will bring up a drop-down menu where you can select "Unlike".

Will the page be notified if I unlike it?

No, the page will not be notified if you unlike it. Unliking a fan page is a private action and will not be visible to anyone else.

Can I re-like a fan page after unliking it?

Yes, you can re-like a fan page after unliking it. Simply go to the page and click the "Like" button at the top of the page.

Will my previous interactions with the page still be visible after I unlike it?

Yes, any previous interactions you had with the page, such as comments or likes, will still be visible after you unlike it. However, your name will no longer be listed as a fan of the page.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
akggirl
  • cookingwithdawn
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
alexisanderson
  • pctharper