• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fb: How Do I Know What the Address Is to My Fan Page?

In summary, the conversation is about creating a fan page on Facebook and how to find its address to share with others. The participants also discuss the requirements for setting a custom URL and how to make posts and notes on the page. They also share their own page names and offer advice on how to gain more fans.
KayPT
So my regular page is /kturnerdpt
I created a fan page and already have 22 fans, but I don't know what the address is to send people to it that aren't my friends already. Does anyone know how I can find this out? It seems like a stupid question, but I can't find it for the life of me. :confused:
Thank you!

I actually had the same question!

I got some sort of message saying a couldn't set a name for it until I had a certain number of fans - or something like that. Anyway, you can only get to it by going through my actual FB page for now.

You need 25 fans and then you can select a custom url. To choose one, go to Login | Facebook. If you "qualify", you should be able to choose a name for your page. The url for your page would then be www. facebook. com/ whatevernameyouchoose (spaces added so the forum software doesn't make it an active link). Hope this helps!

Thanks Joy!!! That's exactly what I had wanted to know.

Thank you! I only need 3 more fans. I'll cross my finger. :)

I'm friends with and have "fan"ed several fellow consultants I get along with well. I think it's perfectly normal to ask your consultant friends to fan your page. :)

Alright, I got 25! Now what are some suggestions of names? What are you all using? Thanks!

Yeah! I got there. It is now /kayskitchen
I would love to see others. Please post your url if you don't mind me taking a look. Thanks!

Mine is /cookingwithamanda

/NoorasKitchen

Mine doesn't have a url yet but you can find me by searching for "Shelby Michalek - Pampered Chef Individual Consultant"

Yes I realize that should be "independent" but now I can't go back and change it.

Thanks everyone! Amanda, how do you do the separate links on your page? Do you type the recipe in info.? It looks really good. I put a recipe link from the Pampered Chef website, but am concerned that it won't always be there if people go to look for it later.

Which one are you referring to, so I can be sure to tell you correctly what I did. ;)

babywings76 said:
Which one are you referring to, so I can be sure to tell you correctly what I did. ;)

Like the Caprese Pizza's and Turtle cookie bites, that have a separate page with pictures. It looks really great. :)

Thanks! :)What I do is make a "note" for those. I like to have recipes I post be more searchable within my page, so sometimes I'll make a wall post about a recipe and then later will type it up and include a picture in the note section. The Note section is a tab at the top, like "photos" is. You can type things up just like we do here, it offers you font, size, type, etc. and you can add pictures, too. Hope that helps! :)

Thank you very much! I found the note section. Now, when you do a note, how do you make it link from the wall post? This may be self explanatory when I finally do one, but I am hesitant to post too much. I am thinking once a week or so to not scare people off. :)

When you are done creating your note and save it, FB will ask you if you wish to Publish it. This will create a post on your wall and in your fans' news feed.

I've gone onto several of y'alls pages and once I get enough like's I hope to be /kristendclarkUntil then if you want to try and search me I'm Kristen Clark, Independent Consultant with the Pampered Chef :)

Thank you all so much for the help. I'll give it a try as soon as I cook something and get a good picture. Thanks also for letting me see your pages and I'll look for yours too Kristen. Have a great Monday!

Okay...got my 25 people so I'm /kristendclark :)

so how do you change the url? or will it do it automatically?

doh nevermind i just figured it out. what a dork!!

Hi everyone. How do I make a fan page? I looked all over my regular FB page and don't see anything even remotely close to a page description. HELP PLEASE!!

Go to another business page, whether another consultant or PC's own. Scroll down and on the left you'll see a link that says "Create a page for my business."

Awesome! I made my page and already have 4 fans!

ShelbyMichalek said:
Mine doesn't have a url yet but you can find me by searching for "Shelby Michalek - Pampered Chef Individual Consultant"

Yes I realize that should be "independent" but now I can't go back and change it.

Hi Shelby!
You should be able to go back in and change the title of the page. If you're logged in as the FB user who is the admin of the page, under the profile photo on your Consultant page, there should be a link for "Edit Page." Just click there and it should let you change the title.

Hope this helps!
Dan

p.s. Just set mine up last night after taking about 5 months off (enough orders to keep me active ever other month) and already have 8 fans! Can't wait to hit 25 so I can get that short URL.

danbk said:
Hi Shelby!
You should be able to go back in and change the title of the page. If you're logged in as the FB user who is the admin of the page, under the profile photo on your Consultant page, there should be a link for "Edit Page." Just click there and it should let you change the title.

Hope this helps!
Dan

p.s. Just set mine up last night after taking about 5 months off (enough orders to keep me active ever other month) and already have 8 fans! Can't wait to hit 25 so I can get that short URL.

That's actually not possible. It even says in the Pages FAQ that you cannot change it after you've done it. You can change the name of a Group however, maybe that's what you're thinking of.

ShelbyMichalek said:
That's actually not possible. It even says in the Pages FAQ that you cannot change it after you've done it. You can change the name of a Group however, maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Hmm ... Strange, it's let me rename the page a couple times. I was reworking it a bit before I published to friends. When I went to create the page the first time, there was already one there that was something like "0.bunchofnumbers."

I created a new page, set it up, went back and made a change to make it Dan instead of Daniel and it didn't have any complaints. I set the page as a "Local Business" Not sure if that matters. Here's a quick snap of the page Edit link I was referring to. If it won't let you change it, I'm not sure why.

FB_Edit.png

Last edited:
Maybe you can make changes to the name before you publish it.

Unless I'm missing something, it's my understanding it is published. I've got 21 fans already so it should be "published" correct?

Yes, to have fans, it must now be published. What I meant was maybe you were able to change the name prior to publishing it. According to FB, you cannot change the name of your Page:

Help Center | Facebook

It’s not currently possible to edit the name of a Page. If you would like to change your Page name, you will need to delete your Page and recreate it. The Facebook team isn't able to change Page names for you.

Not sure ... It's still giving me the option to change it, so maybe they changed and haven't updated the FAQ yet. I saw that as well.

Got my url address :D
Mine is /shelbyskitchen

:D

Shelby-Just added yours to my "likes" :)

I too, am a new consultant and building my page, I have 22 likes...if any of you can help me out and like my page so I can get 25, that would be great. Thanks for all the advice!
Dianna Kewley, Your Pampered Chef Consultant
Thanks a million!

I liked your page, Dianna, but you were already at 25! You qualified to personalize your URL.

1. How do I find the address for my Fan Page on Facebook?

To find the address for your Fan Page, first go to your page and click on the three dots in the bottom right corner of your cover photo. Then, select "Edit Page Info" from the drop-down menu. On the next page, click on "Page Info" on the left side. Your page's address will be listed under "Facebook Web Address". You can also customize your page's address by clicking on the "Create Page @Username" button.

2. I already have a personal page on Facebook, how do I create a Fan Page?

To create a Fan Page, go to your personal page and click on the drop-down arrow in the top right corner. Select "Create Page" from the menu. Choose the type of page you want to create and follow the prompts to set it up. You can also create a page by clicking on the "Create" button at the bottom of the Facebook homepage.

3. How do I send people to my Fan Page who are not my friends?

To send people to your Fan Page, you can share the link to your page on your personal page, in groups, or through direct messages. You can also promote your page through paid advertising on Facebook.

4. Can I change the address for my Fan Page?

Yes, you can change the address for your Fan Page by going to the "Edit Page Info" section and clicking on "Page Info". From there, you can click on the "Edit" button next to your current address and change it to a new one.

5. I can't find the address for my Fan Page, what should I do?

If you are having trouble finding the address for your Fan Page, try accessing it from a different device or browser. You can also try searching for your page on Facebook and clicking on the "Visit" button to access it. If you are still unable to find the address, you can contact Facebook support for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• knew92
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Kjurich
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Kjurich
  • NooraK