• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Design a Fan Gate for My Facebook Page: A Creative Challenge

In summary, the conversation is about creating a landing page for a Facebook page using an app that allows for the option to upload an image or HTML. The speaker is looking for someone to help them create the landing page as they do not have much design experience. The other speaker offers steps for creating a landing page using HTML and suggests adding a call-to-action for converting non-fans into fans.
NooraK
Gold Member
I was reading up on some social media blogs, and decided it would be nice to have a landing page for non-fans to see when they first come to the page. I found an app that makes it really easy to add one, and directions on how to use it:

New iFrames Facebook Page App With Fan Gate Option – from Wildfire | MariSmith.com

My problem? I have barely a creative bones in my body, and even less skill in using any design program to create anything.

I was wondering if someone a bit more savvy might be able to create something I could use. The app has the option to upload an image or HTML, and HTML would be cool because then I could update it easily each month with the newest promotions. I'm thinking of just something that say welcome to my page, here you'll find delicious recipes, cool kitchen tips and the latest offers, with pictures linked from the PC site for the current promo, and maybe even a link to a PDF of the Host Specials.

Anyone up for a challenge?

I was able to play around with Publisher and come up with something. I think it's quite plain and pretty crude, but it'll work. And it's an image, but I saved the original publisher file, so I can later go back and change the image and re-save the files for uploading to FB.

Attachments

• hwclanding.jpg
    hwclanding.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 565
  • hwclanding2.jpg
    hwclanding2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 424
I'm happy to provide the photos and links, just need someone to put it all together for me. Thanks!Sure, I'd be happy to help you out with creating a landing page for your Facebook page! Creating a visually appealing and engaging landing page can definitely attract more non-fans and potentially convert them into fans. Here are some steps you can follow to create your own landing page using HTML:1. Decide on the content and design of your landing page. Think about what you want to showcase to your non-fans and how you want to present it. Do you want to include images, text, or videos? Keep in mind that the goal of a landing page is to capture the attention of your audience and encourage them to take action, so make sure your content is relevant and appealing.2. Once you have a clear idea of what you want your landing page to look like, you can start creating it using a text editor or HTML editor. If you're not familiar with HTML, there are plenty of online tutorials and resources available to help you get started.3. Next, you'll need to upload your images to a hosting site or use an image hosting service. Make sure to resize your images to fit the dimensions of your landing page and optimize them for web use.4. Now it's time to add the HTML code for your landing page. You can either write the code yourself or use a template that you can customize to fit your needs. If you choose to use a template, make sure to check the code and make any necessary adjustments to ensure it works properly.5. Once you have your HTML code ready, you can upload it to the app you mentioned in your post or directly to your Facebook page. Test your landing page to make sure it looks and functions as intended.6. Don't forget to add a call-to-action to your landing page, such as asking your non-fans to like your page or sign up for your email list. This is the key to converting non-fans into fans and potential customers.7. Finally, make sure to update your landing page regularly with fresh content and promotions to keep it relevant and engaging for your audience.I hope this helps you create a great landing page for your Facebook page! Let me know if you have any other questions.

1. How do I design a fan gate for my Facebook page?

To design a fan gate for your Facebook page, you can use a third-party app or create one yourself using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. First, decide on the content you want to include in your fan gate, such as a welcome message, call-to-action, or exclusive content. Then, use a design tool like Canva or Photoshop to create the visuals for your fan gate. Finally, use the Facebook Developer tools to create and integrate the fan gate onto your page.

2. What should I include in my fan gate design?

Your fan gate design should include visually appealing graphics and a clear call-to-action. You can also include a brief description of your page and its benefits, as well as any exclusive content or promotions that users can access by liking your page. It's important to make sure your design is visually consistent with your brand and page to create a cohesive look.

3. Can I use a fan gate to increase my page's likes?

Yes, a fan gate can be an effective way to increase your page's likes. By requiring users to like your page before accessing exclusive content or promotions, you can incentivize them to click the like button. However, it's important to note that Facebook's policies prohibit incentivizing likes solely for the purpose of increasing page likes, so make sure your fan gate offers value to your audience.

4. Are there any best practices for designing a fan gate?

Yes, there are a few best practices to keep in mind when designing a fan gate for your Facebook page. First, make sure your fan gate is visually appealing and consistent with your brand. Use eye-catching graphics and a clear call-to-action to entice users to like your page. Additionally, be sure to comply with Facebook's policies and guidelines to avoid any issues with your page or fan gate.

5. Do I need any coding knowledge to design a fan gate?

It depends on the method you choose to design your fan gate. If you use a third-party app, you may not need any coding knowledge as most apps have user-friendly interfaces. However, if you decide to create your fan gate using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, some coding knowledge will be necessary. You can find resources and tutorials online to help you create a custom fan gate design.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kjurich
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Kjurich
  • loreo
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • WendyE