• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Trying to Start a Fight, But... Re: Facebook

In summary, Kate says that a consultant can create a fan page for their PC business without breaking the rules. However, if the fan page is promoted or advertised, it may be considered promotional.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
So... I, along with alot of other photographers, actively use Facebook fan pages to market our business.

So I was thinking about this (as I was reading another consultant's fairly blatant disregard of rules of FB advertising - every other status update is about PC...but I digress)...

Can a consultant create a fan page for their PC business without breaking the rules? Of course you wouldn't be able to link to your website or identify yourself as a consultant... but what about asking customers to fan your fan page so they get stuff like quick tips fed to their FB pages.. or blast posts like "first person to contact me to book a party gets free ingredients" or "the guest special for next month is...."

I realize this is a very thin gray line... but it seems like a missed opportunity if you can't use FB to communicate with *existing* customers....

I have a DCB group which is open to everyone. We share recipes and tips, but we don't market. Not sure about a fan page.

Hmm, I'm not sure. I'm sooo nervous about posting anything at all on my wall regarding PC so I'm not of much help.

Kate, I'd love to be a part of your DCB group if that's possible.

It was my understanding that you can't put anywhere online (other than a specific Consultant-only group like this) that you are a PC consultant. So to me, it would be "no"...if you are having the fan page as a consultant - and the fans know it. Sharing tips and such, without saying you are consultant, that would probably be ok...maybe a grey area?From page 38 of the policy guide:
Please do not mention, advertise or promote
your Pampered Chef® business on any chat rooms, other than
those created for communicating with other Consultants. Other
than through your Pampered Chef® Personal Web Site, you
may not promote or advertise your business on any other Web
site, Internet directory, search engine, etc.

Hmmm... good point. Like I said, I'm not trying to start a debate. I just was trying to think of creative ways to work within the rules... I know that FB has been so helpful for generating buzz for many businesses. I guess another gray area is whether or not saying something like "I'm so excited that xxx had a $1000 show!" -- I mean, is that promoting or advertising? That's just being excited and stating a fact, right? Just like saying "I'm so excited that stoneware is on sale in February" is a personal exclamation...I see people doing this and I think they are doing it thinking it's within the fuzzy guidelines.

probably a grey area, I'd think maybe as long as you never posted you are a consultant, would technically be allowable - as long as there are no photos, copyright material, etc. Someone would have to ask you what you are talking about and then you could direct them via private email which is allowed for sure. The PC guide did actually say "Please do not"...not "DO NOT..." - does that make sense? ;)That's probably how I would do it- if I was on FB, and that's how I've seen some on here. Dunno....

cmdtrgd said:
I have a DCB group which is open to everyone. We share recipes and tips, but we don't market. Not sure about a fan page.

I'm part of that group and I just made the connection that you are a fellow cheffer from CS.:blushing:

I really think that Pampered Chef would have a difficult time regulating every consultants FB page. I'm sure that most of us have many blockers up as to who can even view our FB pages. I know I do. If you are stating how your business is doing or letting your family & friends know what your upcoming business opportunities are (i.e. monthly host specials or joining your team) these are messages you are leaving for your family and friends.
If you really want to start a fight ~ the consultants that sell Pampered Chef on ebay ~

I have FB and joined the PC group on FB. In my profile it clearly states I am a Pampered Chef Independent Consultant. I do not have my website listed anywhere online except in my business email signature.

I do not believe that Pampered Chef expects that we do NOT tell anyone we are consultants, after all it is my business and livelihood and how else are we supposed to promote it if we can't tell anyone we are consultants? If someone on FB happens to read my profile and says to themselves, "I would love to order some PC products, I think I will contact her" and send me a message inquiring about a catalog is no different than carrying around the tote with catalogs and some person you don't know asking if you sell PC and can they have a catalog and order something.

I invite people to order and let them know what the month's specials are through my contacts on FB, they are my friends and family members, my sister had a catalog show and shared it with her contacts on FB. She had a quick 2 day catalog show with $160 in sales. Did I break the rules? WE can't control how our hosts contact people and invite them to order.

I think the rules are written expressly to avoid consultants in linking their PC website on chat boards and link pages at other websites. If we have a fundraiser and the organization wishes to place a link for people to make orders for the fundraiser all we have to do is contact HO to let them know the duration of the particular fundraiser so they expect the numerous hits from that website link to take place.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

wcsis said:
I have FB and joined the PC group on FB. In my profile it clearly states I am a Pampered Chef Independent Consultant. I do not have my website listed anywhere online except in my business email signature.
That's against policy.

HO has also indicated that the "consultant-only" PC groups on FB are a violation of policy, since the membership lists are akin to lists of consultants.

It's my understanding that Pampered Chef want you to have a web page, as long as it's their web page that they control and profit from.

It further is my understanding that after you send your money to Pampered Chef to acquire your web page, you are not allowed to marked it on the web in any fashion whatsoever. You can tell your friends about it, mention it at a show, but as far as promoting it on the web, clearly that is not what a web page is for...I think I have that right.

As far as I know you can not put ANYTHING on the internet saying anything about Pamperedchef
a few months ago my 20 year old soroirity put a reunion book out I never even new about this came from a web-sit in Canada I live in Ct
Well HO found it and I had to get rid of it or NO WEB-SITE for me
How I did it was so hard , I didn't put it there it was just becuse they didn't want to sell books from that class so the posted it
so no info on Pc on FB for me

A new consultant asked me about having a blog. If she doesn't have her PC web site link there, is it ok to do a blog with specials, product info, etc.?

She can't mention PC by name.

cmdtrgd said:

I'd love to get in on that DCB group as well if I can! What's the name of it?

redsoxgirl said:
I'd love to get in on that DCB group as well if I can! What's the name of it?

Never mind - I found it! :)

It seems like blogging would be advertising as well.

The only times I post stuff on FB is if I'm having a party (as the host) myself, but I don't mention that I'm the consultant until they get to the party.

I had a fan page up until I read the rules and saw that it was clearly against policy. It is still active but blocked from anyone seeing it, just in case the rules change, I don't have to do all the work again. :)

If we were able to advertise on the web, it would make our lives a lot easier, that's for sure, but I can understand if HO doesn't want the PC name affiliated with whatever we affiliate ourselves with, which would inevitably happen if we mixed PC with our personal FB pages.

Here's my opinion:

We all signed an agreement and stated we would abide by the rules PC set forth for us.

PC's focus and core business is the home party, and what sets us apart from any other seller of kitchen tools is the personal service the consultants provide to our customers. A concern is that if consultants are allowed to advertise online without any restrictions, that personal touch which is so integral to our business will be lost. Things have also been said about the fairness of that approach since some may have better means and access to such advertising than others. I still think most of it has to do with the customer service part.

The thing is, the internet has changed quite significantly since these rules were first implemented, especially with the explosion of social networking sites like Facebook. I do agree that the rules should be revisited and revised to take these types of sites into consideration. I have to remind myself though that PC has not always been the first to jump in when it comes to such technological advances. They want to observe and research these things to ensure that they make the right decision for their consultants.

Still, it comes down to what I initially stated: We all signed the agreement and said that we would abide by the rules set forth by PC. If we don't like those rules, we are free to leave and start our own business and set our own rules.

Oh, and on the original question. I think it would be very difficult, but not impossible. If the group was called something like "Noora's Kitchen" and I only shared recipe tips and such, I don't think it would be violating the rules. However, I don't know how it would work when it comes to announcing specials. By announcing a special, you're affiliating yourself with PC. If you just said something like "Book a party by the 15th and get a free cookbook!" you might still be OK, but stepping that faint gray line.

EpTxGuy said:
It's my understanding that Pampered Chef want you to have a web page, as long as it's their web page that they control and profit from.

It further is my understanding that after you send your money to Pampered Chef to acquire your web page, you are not allowed to marked it on the web in any fashion whatsoever. You can tell your friends about it, mention it at a show, but as far as promoting it on the web, clearly that is not what a web page is for...I think I have that right.

I really dislike this kind of negativity. We do not work for the “man”. We work for a really great company. If you think the little bit that we spend for a website makes Pampered Chef a profit you need to live I the real world. There is no profiting from what they charge a year for a consultant website.

There have been numerous discussions about online advertising in the past. I think the debate is interesting, but the bottom line is you signed the contract with Pampered Chef and they have their rules that we must follow. Stop complaining about them and work with them. I sold $4000 this month signed 2 recruits in 6 parties and I did not do any online advertising!

cookingwithlove said:
I really dislike this kind of negativity. We do not work for the “man”. We work for a really great company. If you think the little bit that we spend for a website makes Pampered Chef a profit you need to live I the real world. There is no profiting from what they charge a year for a consultant website.

There have been numerous discussions about online advertising in the past. I think the debate is interesting, but the bottom line is you signed the contract with Pampered Chef and they have their rules that we must follow. Stop complaining about them and work with them. I sold $4000 this month signed 2 recruits in 6 parties and I did not do any online advertising!

Well said Wendy!

I had 8 parties this month, will be well over $5000 in sales, and 1 recruit....all without complaining or doing any online advertising.

How did I do it?

Umm, well, I tell my friends about it, I mention it at shows, I send out an email newsletter with a link to my website, and I build relationships with hosts and guests. That seems to be doing the trick for me. :D

cookingwithlove said:

I'm sorry I voiced an opinion that isn't 100% positive for Pampered Chef. I won't do it again.

EpTxGuy said:
I'm sorry I voiced an opinion that isn't 100% positive for Pampered Chef. I won't do it again.

You'll be amazed at the positive change you'll see in your own business if you truly adhere to your above promise.

Ok so I really struggled with the decision to post this or not but here goes.I understand the rule and regulations that TPC has made us agree to and I plan on following those guidelines because I have agreed to them. I love TPC and I am surprising myself everyday with getting out of my comfort zone and talking to new people everyday to show my love for the products.However, I am married to a software engineer and my family is very computer savvy. I know my generation is also very technology forward in their thinking. I know that if we were allowed to promote our business on websites such as Facebook or Myspace it would create more avenues for spreading the word about our great company and bring in more revenue. To me posting on Facebook is like bumping into my friends in the hallway at work and stopping to say "hi you'll never guess what happened to me last night" it just happens to be on the internet. So No I don't completely agree with the idea of not being able to advertise in certain internet avenues that I feel would bring in more revenue. But saying that I also don't want to cause trouble of any kind but maybe one day HO will realize that in this day and age the internet is really a great tool for their consultants to use to network. But not everyone may agree with me, this is just my personal opinion.

Just an FYI, if you have ever looked at having your own website (not the PWS, but any personal website), it costs MUCH more than the $100ish a year that we pay. Here are a few of the expenses:1. the domain name - sometimes a one-time fee of a few hundred dollars, sometimes a yearly fee2. hosting - gotta have your website content hosted somewhere - I've seen it for about $10 a month or more3. development - if you don't know how to code and want a professional looking website you're looking at $60 per hour or more and it could take 40+ hours to put together a website like ours4. content - all the professional photos and scripts does take time and time=money...plus, the photos we use are from professional photographers5. ordering/shopping cart - yet another piece that takes time and money to build6. maintenance - do you know what to do when there is an error?So, we're looking at much more than the $100ish we pay each year to have our own website. And, I'll be honest, there are other companies out there who do not provide PWS services to their consultants, but allow them to create their own websites. There is a specific company who I won't purchase from because the pages look worse than MySpace pages...unprofessional and juvenile. It takes the company's reputation down. And, most of us do rely on the reputation!

EpTxGuy said:

I love a lively debate and opinions are great, but when we start in with the negativity, the debate is over and the debate is just reduced to complaining. dannyzmom is right. A positive attitude goes a long way.

Rosebud, I agree. I look forward to the day that PC updates it's policy to give us a little more online leaway. Like you (and so many others who have posted here), though, I will follow the rules to the letter. It's just not worth the risk to me.

Rosebud said:
However, I am married to a software engineer and my family is very computer savvy. I know my generation is also very technology forward in their thinking. I know that if we were allowed to promote our business on websites such as Facebook or Myspace it would create more avenues for spreading the word about our great company and bring in more revenue. To me posting on Facebook is like bumping into my friends in the hallway at work and stopping to say "hi you'll never guess what happened to me last night" it just happens to be on the internet.

I am also married to a software engineer, but I agree more with the policies now. I do know that HO is working on revamping the policies around things like FaceBook. I don't know how they are doing it or when it will be changed, but know they are working on it.

That being said, this company is about relationships. There is a difference between telling your friends and advertising to people you don't know.

One of the ideas behind the current policies is to keep us from being "searchable". Right now Team Leaders and above can be eligible for Home Office Leads. If someone were to search for a Pampered Chef consultant and find one who is computer savvy, yet not eligible for leads, that would lessen the benefit for those who qualify. And, it gives an unfair advantage to those of us who know how to become searchable (or those of us married to someone who does). Another thought is that someone could create a mocked-up site to take orders and money and never come through with the products. A great scam, but this helps to keep that from happening. I have seen people who have bought domain names like pamperdchef.com and done something along those lines. With one typo, there could be issues that could hurt the customer as well as our reputation.

So, if you have suggestions, please email them into the Solution Center [email protected] and let them know what you think should or should not be in the policies! They do listen to us!

As for FaceBook, I do post that I'm looking to book parties, or that someone joined my team or that we offer health insurance. I do not post that I am a Pampered Chef Consultant. And, for those of you who have Pampered Chef as your employer, they are not your employer. You work for yourself in conjunction with Pampered Chef.

A few more thoughts . . .

We represent the company. If you check out some of the spelling and grammar on FB and other places, I don't think its how PC wants to be represented.

I have a FB friend that was offering daily specials along with her web address for weeks in December. Since I don't, I had to 'hide' her so my friends and family didn't see it, and so my upline didn't see it. These were not company offered specials but her own. Customers who saw that could say, so-and-so is offering xxx, are you?

Sandi

sandilou said:
A few more thoughts . . .

I have a FB friend that was offering daily specials along with her web address for weeks in December. Since I don't, I had to 'hide' her so my friends and family didn't see it, and so my upline didn't see it. These were not company offered specials but her own. Customers who saw that could say, so-and-so is offering xxx, are you?

Sandi

I never thought of this! There are some I see blatantly violating policy, and some that post over and over to the point that it feels like spam. To each their own, eventually they'll be caught. BUT, I did not think that these offers and posts are popping up for my friends and family to see. Ugh....can't believe I'm so slow! lol

I am new to FB and do not know it well. So, if someone else is posts their "specials", everyone I have as a friend can see it too?

If they post it as their own status update, your friends/family/upline will not see it unless they are her friend as well. If she posts it to your wall, they will be able to see.

I think if my friends go to MY page though, they can see it. Sometimes I do that, go to one of my friend's page to look up a post or maybe see if we have any common friends. I can see messages from their friends (on their page), even though I am not friends with them.

Sandi

sandilou said:
I think if my friends go to MY page though, they can see it. Sometimes I do that, go to one of my friend's page to look up a post or maybe see if we have any common friends. I can see messages from their friends (on their page), even though I am not friends with them.

Sandi

Yes, I think that's right. I've had to hide people too, when their bonuses, etc...were going above and beyond what PC offers.

I've never actually mentioned PC on my FB page, but I make sure and let people know about new recipes I'm trying, and I will make comments about loving my job, and having so much fun at my latest party. All of my friends know what I do, and many of my hosts and customers are also FB friends.

I also have my settings as super-private. Unless I have friended you, you cannot see any of my info.

cmdtrgd said:
One of the ideas behind the current policies is to keep us from being "searchable". Right now Team Leaders and above can be eligible for Home Office Leads. If someone were to search for a Pampered Chef consultant and find one who is computer savvy, yet not eligible for leads, that would lessen the benefit for those who qualify. And, it gives an unfair advantage to those of us who know how to become searchable (or those of us married to someone who does). Another thought is that someone could create a mocked-up site to take orders and money and never come through with the products. A great scam, but this helps to keep that from happening. I have seen people who have bought domain names like pamperdchef.com and done something along those lines. With one typo, there could be issues that could hurt the customer as well as our reputation..

That is a very good point I had not really thought about that much as I am still a very new consultant. I guess in my mind I'm just trying to find as many leads a possible to really kick start my business to stay at home with my baby girl. I would never dream of starting my own website I very much intend to purchase the PWS once I qualify which I am close to doing. I really don't want everyone to take my words as "complaining" I am far from complaining I am just merely suggesting that I think in the future there could be ways to let consultants network through their shared profiles such as facebook to put the word out about PC. I do know that the majority of my contacts are going to have to be made in person. I do know that this is how it should be but as we move more and more into a technological world I think that the internet could be more and more beneficial to networking. That is all that I am saying. So please don't think that I am down talking PC I'm not I love PC and I am so glad this came into my life but things change and every company learns and grows and I don't doubt in the least that HO is working on it! It's a idea that is going to take some fine tuning. But just imagine the possibilities with some guidelines.

There are always going to be people out there that take advantage of the system and break the rules. But for the majority of us who have good intentions and just want to do the best we can I don't think it would hurt to be able to post what specials are coming up for what dates your trying to book for ect.

I understand what everyone is saying and that we signed the agreement, but I also feel like its also our well being and business to sell. If we can get the word out to people in 5 minutes and reach 500 people about our business, and make money- then we make money and PC makes more money. The better we do, the better they do!

So, let HO know what you think and how it should be done. They are always looking for ways to help us succeed without tarnishing the rep and the integrity of what has been built. Rosebud - I didn't think you were complaining. Most people don't know why things like this are in place. I am a total "why" girl myself and set out to find out why. If I agree, great! If not, I talk with my sales manager at HO. Things as huge as this should not be changed fast and in a hasty manner. That also means we get to wait...sucks, but I would rather they look at all aspects than rush into something.

I was talking with a friend from another direct sales company recently. She said her company has very similar strict rules about the internet. It's not just PC.

NooraK said:
If they post it as their own status update, your friends/family/upline will not see it unless they are her friend as well. If she posts it to your wall, they will be able to see.

Ah ok....good. Thanks NooraK!

I don't have PC listed on FB, for my activities " cooking shows twice a week to demonstrate quality tools and get paid to party!" When I update my post of what I'm doing, I may say I'm getting ready to go somewhere to cook Chicken Penne al fresco. or I'm walking the streets to book cooking shows. If someone ask (I privately answer them-just like an email). I realized when I first answered, it was on the wall for all to see. I now know how to do it). These are my friends and family- they know what I do, but I'm respecting the rules of PC. We can still use FB for our business and follow the rules.

I don't know that I have really given a thought about whether I AGREE or DISAGREE with the rules - it doesn't really matter. They are what they are. So whether or not I agree with them or not, I signed an agreement.

I certainly don't agree or like all the rules and policies at my day job. But, they are the policies that I must adhere to - or risk being terminated. And believe me, we would be terminated.

So, I guess that is one way of looking at it. We signed an agreement with PC and read the policies. If I disliked the policies enough (and believe me - I am not thrilled with all the new changes) - I could choose to DS for someone else.

Just like if I don't like the policies of my day job - I can leave.

Oh, one other thought - if you think the policies are outdated - or need to be changed - you can email HO with your opinion. And you won't be treated any different by them that you voiced your opinion.

BUT, here at my day job - I certainly would NOT feel comfortable voicing any negative feelings about the company. You could be sure that my supervisor would be told, etc etc. If you know what I mean.

So, be grateful that we can always voice our opinions to PC and let them know our thoughts on improving the company.

I am not sure I even like that consultants have i contact , I know it is a newletter but Pamperedchef has the pws that has a newsletter . i contact a a beautiful newsletter but it cost $$$ and some peolpe can't have both .

I am very surpised that HO allows i-contact and not just what PC ofters

Very well put kam

Last edited:
KCPChef said:
I understand what everyone is saying and that we signed the agreement, but I also feel like its also our well being and business to sell. If we can get the word out to people in 5 minutes and reach 500 people about our business, and make money- then we make money and PC makes more money. The better we do, the better they do!

If PC wanted to do this, they could do it themselves. Plus send out a catalog. They wouldn't need us anymore! :eek:

Sandi

Very well put Kam. I agree completely.

The thing we all know, is that just getting sales doesn't grow your business. You have to have connections with live people for your business to truly grow. and we simply will not get very much of that via the internet. The folks on your FB are probably people you see out-and-about anyway, or communicate with in some other way. You just may not be doing it on a daily/hourly way. These folks already know what you are doing - or if you are doing your job correctly, they should! :D (make those announcements, invite them to an open house, etc). Getting an online sale will not necessarily give you a long-term boost in your business.

Like several have mentioned, we signed the contract and that means everything that goes with it. Like lots of other things in life, we may not agree with it 100%, but I'll patiently wait for HO to figure out a compromise that better allows us to communicate with people.

We can agree to disagree, but in the end, we have an ethical and contractual obligation to abide by what we signed, and make lemonade out of the lemons (if tha'ts how you view it).

I personally am NOT on Facebook or any of those social sites, and I do just fine. My contacts and shows come from live face-to-face contacts...bottom line.

On that note, I'm going to go finish dinner, then get ready to make some phone calls tonight! (Everyone is preparing for a snowstorm, so hoping they'll be home snug and safe after 8pm. :D)

chef131doreen said:
I am not sure I even like that consultants have i contact , I know it is a newletter but Pamperedchef has the pws that has a newsletter . i contact a a beautiful newsletter but it cost $$$ and some peolpe can't have both .

iContact isn't a newsletter itself, it's a service that delivers and tracks your e-mails. You probably meant the other newsletters that people develop (myemaildesigns, tastytidbits, etc)?

We are allowed to promote our business through private e-mails, so newsletters of different styles, quality and such are to be expected. At least in this category, we ALL can have access to a professional looking newsletter from our PWS.

chef131doreen said:

I would use Customer Connection more if I was able to edit what I sent out and if the emails didn't always go to spam. HO is WAYYYY behind on this one.

Tasty Tidbits and iContact get me more business then Customer Connection ever did.

DebbieJ said:
I would use Customer Connection more if I was able to edit what I sent out and if the emails didn't always go to spam. HO is WAYYYY behind on this one.

Tasty Tidbits and iContact get me more business then Customer Connection ever did.

and it is NOT that expensive at all. The word "expensive" doesn't even qualify in my language for these services. The newsletter services are usually $2-3 a month, and icontact varies depending on your contact list...but you don't HAVE to use it. I spend about $15 a month for my newsletter services, but I get that back each month in online sales, and customers always comment on my newsletters.

Rosebud said:
I very much intend to purchase the PWS once I qualify which I am close to doing.

You do realize that you can pay for the website space before you reach your $1250 in sales don't you? You will not be able to create Fundraisers, Wedding Registries or recieve individual orders through the site, BUT you are able to create your host's parties online so that orders strictly for the shows can be placed right online and paid for.

Just thought I would mention this as the webspace is a fantastic tool for hosts to boost their sales.

You can't use it for fundraisers? :eek: That's why my new consultant paid for it before she qualified! Maybe we can put the new of the church down as first and last name.

Sandi

Did they change that recently because I tried to sign up for it I think it was one of the last days of December (so I could use it for tax write off) and it said in the FAQ's that you couldn't sign up for the PWS until you qualified. The site wouldn't even let me sign up at that time.

Rosebud- no...it's still in the Consultant as something any consultant get obtain. You do have to get the $1250 in sales to be able to do the individual orders, & wedding registry, but you should be able to get a PWS now to set up Host's shows, and have the other information (booking/recruiting/ news section) available.I'd try again. You do have to have a PC Debit or Credit card to PAY for it though. If it still won't let you- I'd call or email HO.(Btw- I couldn't find where it said that you can't have a Fundraiser on a PWS for a new consultant. It specifically said Wedding Registries and Individual orders, but didn't specify fundraisers....)

<h2>1. Can a consultant create a fan page for their PC business without breaking the rules?</h2><p>Yes, consultants can create a fan page for their PC business on Facebook, as long as they adhere to the platform's rules and regulations. This includes not linking to their website or identifying themselves as a consultant on the page.</p><h2>2. Is it acceptable to ask customers to fan the fan page so they can receive updates and promotions?</h2><p>Asking customers to like your fan page is allowed, as long as it is done in a respectful and non-spammy manner. It is important to avoid repeatedly asking or pressuring customers to like your page, as this can be seen as aggressive marketing.</p><h2>3. Can consultants use their fan page to post promotions and incentives for customers?</h2><p>While it is possible to post promotions and incentives on your fan page, it is important to follow Facebook's advertising guidelines. This means avoiding language that implies a sense of urgency, such as "limited time offer" or "only available for the first X customers."</p><h2>4. What types of content should consultants avoid posting on their fan page?</h2><p>Consultants should avoid posting content that violates Facebook's community standards, such as hate speech, nudity, or misleading information. Additionally, it is important to avoid spamming your followers with too many promotional posts, as this can result in a negative user experience.</p><h2>5. Are there any other methods consultants can use to communicate with existing customers on Facebook?</h2><p>Aside from using a fan page, consultants can also utilize Facebook groups to communicate with existing customers. This allows for more personalized and targeted messaging, as well as the ability to create a sense of community among customers. However, it is important to still follow Facebook's rules and guidelines when using groups for marketing purposes.</p>

1. Can a consultant create a fan page for their PC business without breaking the rules?

Yes, consultants can create a fan page for their PC business on Facebook, as long as they adhere to the platform's rules and regulations. This includes not linking to their website or identifying themselves as a consultant on the page.

2. Is it acceptable to ask customers to fan the fan page so they can receive updates and promotions?

Asking customers to like your fan page is allowed, as long as it is done in a respectful and non-spammy manner. It is important to avoid repeatedly asking or pressuring customers to like your page, as this can be seen as aggressive marketing.

3. Can consultants use their fan page to post promotions and incentives for customers?

While it is possible to post promotions and incentives on your fan page, it is important to follow Facebook's advertising guidelines. This means avoiding language that implies a sense of urgency, such as "limited time offer" or "only available for the first X customers."

4. What types of content should consultants avoid posting on their fan page?

Consultants should avoid posting content that violates Facebook's community standards, such as hate speech, nudity, or misleading information. Additionally, it is important to avoid spamming your followers with too many promotional posts, as this can result in a negative user experience.

5. Are there any other methods consultants can use to communicate with existing customers on Facebook?

Aside from using a fan page, consultants can also utilize Facebook groups to communicate with existing customers. This allows for more personalized and targeted messaging, as well as the ability to create a sense of community among customers. However, it is important to still follow Facebook's rules and guidelines when using groups for marketing purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mammita001
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • magentablue
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • kam