• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facebook Comments & Borrowing....personal Request

In summary, many of you are on my facebook page and this isn't directed at any one person, so please don't anyone take personal offense. Something has been bugging me these past few months and has happened more times than I care for so I made a blanket statement about it. I have a lot of customers and past hosts on my facebook list and from time to time I use my fb page for advertising specials to them. I truly do not mind when other consultants 'borrow' my pictures or my posts for their pages
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Many of you are on my facebook and this isn't directed and any one person, so please don't anyone take personal offense. Something has been bugging me these past few months and has happened more times than I care for so I wanted to make a blanket statement about it.

I have a lot of customers and past hosts on my facebook list and from time to time I use my fb page for advertising specials to them. I truly do not mind when other consutlants 'borrow' my pictures or my posts for their pages and I'm perfectly fine with ya'll 'liking' whatever I've posted as well. But please, do not ask me 'how to' or 'why' training-type questions in the posts about certain promotions or things that I've put there that are clearly directed towards my customer base. I'm happy to answer anything for you or help you with anything that you may not understand, but I'd prefer it be in a pm or an email.

Thanks!

pamperedlinda said:
Many of you are on my facebook and this isn't directed and any one person, so please don't anyone take personal offense. Something has been bugging me these past few months and has happened more times than I care for so I wanted to make a blanket statement about it.

I have a lot of customers and past hosts on my facebook list and from time to time I use my fb page for advertising specials to them. I truly do not mind when other consutlants 'borrow' my pictures or my posts for their pages and I'm perfectly fine with ya'll 'liking' whatever I've posted as well. But please, do not ask me 'how to' or 'why' training-type questions in the posts about certain promotions or things that I've put there that are clearly directed towards my customer base. I'm happy to answer anything for you or help you with anything that you may not understand, but I'd prefer it be in a pm or an email.

Thanks!

Makes ALOT of sense & I don't blame you......:D

Yep, I agree!

I agree, too!

Well said :). I totally agree with your point.

But the "You're a great leader", "I'm glad I'm on your team!" and "I wish I was on your team!" comments are always appreciated, as it looks good for the potentials who are looking at our sites! LOL

WOW! Someone does that to you? Lets have PC tell everyone how much they pay for each piece and how much mark up is on each one while we are at it. Business perspectives like how to handle an extra deal especially if you are planing to use the host benefits to do it, money transactions of any kind or even how you plan to proceed with a special sale are NOT something you discuss with customers. You are very right to ask that this be done privately. What others are asking you to discuss can very easily be misunderstood by the guests or hosts you are trying to service. And the asking people can not figure out that your business plan is your business plan and not conversation to be discussed with your customers present? Seriously people! Next can we discuss your deductions on your income taxes on line?

Good point Linda!And there's also no need to comment saying "I'm stealing this". Just go ahead and steal it, don't clog up my comments! LOL!

pampered1224 said:
WOW! Someone does that to you? Lets have PC tell everyone how much they pay for each piece and how much mark up is on each one while we are at it. Business perspectives like how to handle an extra deal especially if you are planing to use the host benefits to do it, money transactions of any kind or even how you plan to proceed with a special sale are NOT something you discuss with customers. You are very right to ask that this be done privately. What others are asking you to discuss can very easily be misunderstood by the guests or hosts you are trying to service. And the asking people can not figure out that your business plan is your business plan and not conversation to be discussed with your customers present? Seriously people! Next can we discuss your deductions on your income taxes on line?

I agree! And sadly the PC Facebook page is, imho, the worst of it all. The number of consultants posting business related questions, bitching about having not yet received their freebie of the month, trying to sell the Spanish catalogs they ordered by mistake, asking (AGAIN) what the last date is for orders to deliver by Christmas, complaining about our HO, etc is an embarassment.

Attempts by the page admin to discourage this behavior by suggesting the consultants use CC are often met with back talk, a complaint that the answers aren't available there, etc.

This type of behavior reflects badly on our organization. I have no good idea how to improve the situation, but it really drives me nuts. Does anyone else feel the same or am I just over sensitive on this issue?

:yuck:

PC created a consultant forum for those types of questions. Yes, you are correct. Putting them on the PC FB page is NOT the appropriate avenue for consultant questions/complaints/vents.

DebbieJ said:
Good point Linda!

And there's also no need to comment saying "I'm stealing this". Just go ahead and steal it, don't clog up my comments! LOL!

Slight amendment: Feel free to comment "What a great deal!" or "I love this product!" as more comments will give better positioning in the News Feed of my customers.

I would say the rule of thumb should be that if you're commenting on another consultant's Page, do so as if you were another customer or host. Customers and hosts don't know you're not, and it makes the post more interesting.

:angel:
NooraK said:
Slight amendment: Feel free to comment "What a great deal!" or "I love this product!" as more comments will give better positioning in the News Feed of my customers.

I would say the rule of thumb should be that if you're commenting on another consultant's Page, do so as if you were another customer or host. Customers and hosts don't know you're not, and it makes the post more interesting.

Well said!

DebbieJ said:
Good point Linda!

And there's also no need to comment saying "I'm stealing this". Just go ahead and steal it, don't clog up my comments! LOL!

NooraK said:

Yes, Yes!! Thanks! I wanted to mention this, too! As soon as you post a comment that shows you are also a consultant, it changes the dialog of the comments and now customers don't "fit in". Everyone has good intentions, but please be mindful of the reason why we post what we do--to increase our exposure to our contacts about our business and to increase excitement about PC. ;)

Sheila said:
But the "You're a great leader", "I'm glad I'm on your team!" and "I wish I was on your team!" comments are always appreciated, as it looks good for the potentials who are looking at our sites! LOL

Oh yes! Those are always welcomed :D

DebbieJ said:
Good point Linda!

Yep, steal away. Chances are that I probably got the idea from someone else too!

NooraK said:

Oh yes! Absolutely!! :love:

babywings76 said:
Yes, Yes!! Thanks! I wanted to mention this, too! As soon as you post a comment that shows you are also a consultant, it changes the dialog of the comments and now customers don't "fit in". Everyone has good intentions, but please be mindful of the reason why we post what we do--to increase our exposure to our contacts about our business and to increase excitement about PC. ;)

Yes, that's what I noticed. Once consultants started commenting, my customers did not and the post just kinda died. :thumbdown:

pamperedlinda said:
Yes, that's what I noticed. Once consultants started commenting, my customers did not and the post just kinda died. :thumbdown:

Curious if the consultants are posting from their consultant's page or from their personal one? I ask because I know all the people's pages I have liked from here is from my own FB account, versus my PC one, so any comment I make is as Kristen Clark, average lady on the Internet :)

minirottie said:
Curious if the consultants are posting from their consultant's page or from their personal one? I ask because I know all the people's pages I have liked from here is from my own FB account, versus my PC one, so any comment I make is as Kristen Clark, average lady on the Internet :)

From their personal page. But you could tell by the comment that they were a consultant too.

Yes! Thank you for reminding people about the etiquette of fb/PC.

What is the purpose of Facebook Comments?

Facebook Comments allows users to engage in real-time conversations and discussions on various websites and articles.

How do I enable Facebook Comments on my website?

To enable Facebook Comments on your website, you will need to create a Facebook App ID and add the Facebook Comments plugin to your website's HTML code.

Can I moderate the comments on my website?

Yes, you can moderate the comments on your website by accessing the Comments Moderation Tool on your Facebook account. You can approve, hide, or delete comments as well as ban users.

Can I borrow someone's Facebook profile to leave a comment on a website?

No, borrowing someone's Facebook profile to leave comments on a website is not allowed and goes against Facebook's Community Standards. Each user should use their own personal Facebook account to leave comments.

Is it possible to request a comment from a specific person on Facebook?

Yes, you can request a comment or response from a specific person on Facebook by tagging them in your comment or sending them a direct message. However, it is important to respect their decision if they choose not to respond.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
FelicityG92
  • Toni Monsen
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Harrisdm