• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facebook: Business Page or Group?

In summary, a Facebook Group is a space for discussions on a specific topic while a Facebook Page is a public profile for businesses, organizations, or public figures. Both can be created for the same purpose, but it's important to understand their different features. To join a Facebook Group, you can either be invited or request to join. Having a Facebook Page can help reach a larger audience and provide insights and analytics. It's not possible to convert a Group into a Page, but members can be invited to like and follow the Page.
amyscookinggear
Gold Member
I've been slowly beginning to use my facebook account for marketing. I've done all the Pampered Chef online training but I'm still confused on one thing. Is it ok or create your own business page? All the online training talks about is creating a group that you ask customers, friends and family if they want to join.

I made my own page but I made sure it is clear that I am an independent sales consultant. There is no mistaking it. I felt funny making a group because I do not want my customers seeing all my personal stuff. They do not need to know how well my family is doing and wether my DD is potty trained yet. KWIM. So with the page I refer them to it and they can like it or just ignore it.

Yes, you can create a page. The functionality of groups has changed since the online training was created. It is no longer an opt-in process, and Jen Fong, the person who helped HO create that training no longer recommends groups for your business.

You can see a lot of discussion about all of this in the Social Media forum, and you can also check out Jen's website: www.jenfongspeaks.com. Just remember, she is not HO staff, so you'll want to make sure her suggestions are OK per policy before implementing them.

We still need to get twenty five "likes" before setting up our url; is that correct?

Yes, you need 25 fans before you can set the custom URL.

Thank you for the information. Very helpful for me.

What is the difference between a Facebook Group and a Facebook Page?

A Facebook Group is a space for people to come together and discuss a specific topic, while a Facebook Page is a public profile for a business, organization, or public figure. Groups are more focused on community building and discussion, while Pages are more for promoting and sharing information.

Can I create both a Facebook Group and a Facebook Page for the same purpose?

Yes, you can create both a Facebook Group and a Facebook Page for the same purpose. However, it's important to understand the different purposes and features of each before deciding which one is best for your needs.

How do I join a Facebook Group?

To join a Facebook Group, you can either be invited by a member or request to join the group. You can also search for groups using keywords and request to join from the group's page. Once your request is accepted, you will become a member of the group and can participate in discussions.

What are the benefits of having a Facebook Page?

Having a Facebook Page for your business, organization, or public figure can help you reach a larger audience, promote your brand, and engage with your followers. Pages also have access to insights and analytics that can help you track the success of your posts and reach.

Can I convert a Facebook Group into a Facebook Page?

No, it is not possible to convert a Facebook Group into a Facebook Page. However, you can create a Page and invite members from your Group to like and follow your Page. It's important to note that the two serve different purposes, so it may be beneficial to have both a Group and a Page for your organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Daron
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • msanders102
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
msanders102
  • WendyE