• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personalized Web Addresses for Your Fan Page - Need Advice?

In summary, Becky Deemter wants to change her personal Facebook URL to something more personal, but is unsure of how to go about it. She found directions on how to use the Static FBML Facebook Page Application Tutorial - Customize your Fan Page with CSS, HTML | HyperArts to create a tab on her page for her newsletter, and will be working on downloadable FBML templates in the future.
NooraK
Gold Member
I need some help picking out a personalized web address for my Fan Page on FB. My personal profile is already /noora.LastName. I don't want it to be too long, but I also don't want it to be too similar to my profile address to minimize misdirections. I want to put something about PC, but it can't be "PamperedChef" specifically because of the policies. I don't want to be too cutesy either.

Any suggestions?

What about something like ChefNooraK?

I am going to set mine to have nessaskitchen which is what my PWS is. I figure that will make it easier to remember. It is also my email address

Are they allowing "chef" like "ChefNoora" or not... How about NooraCooks4u or NooraCooks?

Hmmm, maybe not cooks4u because I don't like to imply that you're a caterer....

Well, technically I don't know if the rules truly apply to the FB URL, since HO doesn't officially have control over that, but I still would prefer to stay away from "Chef" because of that.

Maybe NoorasKitchen... hmm, I think I'll sleep on it. :)

NooraK said:
Well, technically I don't know if the rules truly apply to the FB URL, since HO doesn't officially have control over that, but I still would prefer to stay away from "Chef" because of that.

Maybe NoorasKitchen... hmm, I think I'll sleep on it. :)

I just made mine my name. I already had one for my regular page with "chef" in it, and it wouldn't let me change it. I tried several variations of it, but they were all taken. It was just easiest to make it my name - then I changed my email signature to say:

BECOME A FAN on FACEBOOK! Go to www.fxxxXXXbxxx.com/BeckyDeemter and "like" my page!
Recipes, Cooking Tips, and Monthly Specials - and a direct line when you have questions!

Where do you set up your URL on facebook? I can't find it at all. I see it on my regular page but it was "given" to me by facebook. I'd like to change that one too...

Beth, you set it up under user name under Account Settings for your profile.

My question is where do you set it for your "page"?

Bren706 said:
To set your URL for your business page, go to Login | Facebook

Thanks! It says that my user name for the regular page is set (and doesn't give me a chance to change it there) but that my page is not eligible to have a user name at this time but will be at a later date. :confused:

BethCooks4U said:
Thanks! It says that my user name for the regular page is set (and doesn't give me a chance to change it there) but that my page is not eligible to have a user name at this time but will be at a later date. :confused:

I just tried it too and was told the same thing:-(

You have to have 25 fans on your page before you can set up a username for your Page.

Hope this helps!

I ended up going with /nooraskitchen. After thinking about it and talking to DH, I was going to do /NooraLastName but FB said it wasn't available. I was quite surprised because with the spelling of my first name, and the unusual married name I have, I'm quite confident I am the only one with my name in the whole world. I'm thinking FB won't let me do it because my profile is already /Noora.LastName. Also, even though the spelling of my first name is unusual in English speaking countries, it's not uncommon in other places, so I wasn't surprised that /Noora and /NooraK weren't available.

A little OT but can you explain for us "computer illiterate" folks how to get a newsletter tab on our pages? Thanks!

loreo said:
A little OT but can you explain for us "computer illiterate" folks how to get a newsletter tab on our pages? Thanks!

I use MailChimp for sending out my newsletters, and it has an option for me to create the form, which I also have on my PWS: /NooraK

To get it as a tab on the FB page, I used the FBML application. I found directions on how to use that here: Static FBML Facebook Page Application Tutorial – Customize your Fan Page with CSS, HTML | HyperArts

The FBML app can be used for other things too, though I haven't explored it further yet. Joy said she might work on creating splash pages etc. utilizing the app.

I will be working on downloadable FBML templates, but first I have to get through the Fall Flash, so bear with me for a bit!

Thanks to both of you!

jwpamp said:
You have to have 25 fans on your page before you can set up a username for your Page.

Hope this helps!

Awesome! thanks for the help!!

nene960 said:
I am going to set mine to have nessaskitchen which is what my PWS is. I figure that will make it easier to remember. It is also my email address

I did the same. My email has lockhartkitchen and so is my website. So I chose lockhartkitchen for my facebook.

Hey Noora, I have a newsletter sign up on my website too but I cant figure out how to get it on my fb page. Is there a way to do it without using the css script? I'm at a loss here. Can anyone help?

I posted here about how I put the newsletter tab on the FB page.

I've tried following the tut but my coding uses <style type="text/css">
which is apparently not allowed and I need to use an extrenal link such as <link href=”http://yoursite.com/styles/layout.css” rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” />

But where it says "yoursite.com" which address do i use? My pws? I'm so confused!
Can you peek at your coding for me in the FBML tab and post what code you have pretty please??

My name was already taken so I ended up adding PC to the end, making it /BrendaHaywoodPC. Duh! Never thought to try Brendaskitchen. Too late now :)

CAPCnewbie said:
Can you peek at your coding for me in the FBML tab and post what code you have pretty please??

I sent you a PM with the code ('cause it's A LOT!). I can't get into MailChimp here at work, but I remember clicking on something about getting a small sign up box or something to that effect.

Holy batman, that is long!!! I'm not sure if it will be the same though since I use icontact. In my pws the code from icontact seems to be much much shorter. Maybe thats whats wrong.

I wonder if there's anyone here who uses a sign up form on their pws that also uses icontact and has figured out how to get it enabled on FB.

You'd probably have to find someone a bit more versed in HTML, CSS and FBML to help you. I know that some of the info I found about FBML (I think mainly from Wikipedia) said that FBML is a more simplified version of HTML, and it disables some HTML and other features, which might explain why your code doesn't work.

I can take a look around when I get home and see if I can figure it out for you... but it won't be till later tonight.

Thankyou Joy. I'm heading out now to do a show anyhow so i wont be home until much later. Thankyou

What are personalized web addresses for fan pages?

Personalized web addresses for fan pages are unique URLs that can be created for your business's Facebook page, making it easier for customers to find and access your page.

Why should I consider getting a personalized web address for my fan page?

Having a personalized web address for your fan page can make it easier for customers to find and remember your page. It also gives your page a more professional and branded look.

How do I set up a personalized web address for my fan page?

To set up a personalized web address for your fan page, go to your page's settings and click on "Create Page @Username" under the "General" tab. From there, you can choose a unique username for your page's URL.

Can I change my personalized web address for my fan page?

Yes, you can change your personalized web address for your fan page at any time by going to your page's settings and clicking on "Edit" next to your current username. Keep in mind that once you change it, the new URL cannot be changed again.

Are there any restrictions on what I can use as my personalized web address for my fan page?

Yes, there are some restrictions on what can be used as a personalized web address for a fan page. It must be at least five characters long and cannot contain any special characters or spaces. It also cannot be a generic term or violate someone else's trademark.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• meowmix
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
raebates
  • KayPT