• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grr. Fyi, Can't Change Fan Page Name on Fb

In summary, Facebook does not allow you to change your fan page name once you have 25 fans. You will have to delete the entire page and start over if you need to rename it.
jcsmilez
Gold Member
Just found out that you can't change your fan page name on Facebook. Mine is still in the setting up stage but I can't go back and change it. :( You will have to delete the entire page and start over if you need to rename it, so be sure it is what you want before you make your page.

I imagine you wouldn't want to make a habit of changing your page anyway but it could be a pain for those who use consultant in their title and want to change it to director, use Maiden name, or other possible scenarios.

I'm having a problem too. I've taken the courses but just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I would love if they would offer a course like they do for the web page so that we could be at our computer and one the telephone and go through it step-by-step.

I figured that out the hard way as well... :(

Noora found out that you can change your Fan Page name once you have 25 fans. I've reached that amount and will be trying to change mine soon. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Well shoot. :( I tried the link Noora gave me to go and change mine, but it didn't work. It said that my name was set. And once it's set, you can't change it. :(

babywings76 said:
Noora found out that you can change your Fan Page name once you have 25 fans. I've reached that amount and will be trying to change mine soon. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

It's not that you can change your fan page name when you have 25 fans - it's that you can't create a fan page URL until you have 25 fans. (that's where the whole 25 Fans deal comes in to play.)

That's right. I'm sorry I misunderstood the OP's question. :blushing:But...I can't seem to change my URL. What might I be doing wrong? Anyone know how to go about doing it?

babywings76 said:
That's right. I'm sorry I misunderstood the OP's question. :blushing:

But...I can't seem to change my URL. What might I be doing wrong? Anyone know how to go about doing it?

You can't change it. What the OP was saying is true. Once you put it in there, it can't be changed w/o deleting the whole page and starting over.

That is correct, I knew that you cannot change the URL once it is set, but just want to make sure people know that you cannot change the title of your page either. Ie, I am stuck with Tristen Holden - Independent Consultant with the Pampered Chef. I feel like it's too long of a title and had figured that I'd be able to change it because it doesn't say anything otherwise - oh well. Good thing I'm already married to the love of my life and sticking with my last name and when I promote to director (which I hope to do soon) I'll just have to figure out a creative way to put it elsewhere. ;)

jcsmilez said:
That is correct, I knew that you cannot change the URL once it is set, but just want to make sure people know that you cannot change the title of your page either. Ie, I am stuck with Tristen Holden - Independent Consultant with the Pampered Chef. I feel like it's too long of a title and had figured that I'd be able to change it because it doesn't say anything otherwise - oh well. Good thing I'm already married to the love of my life and sticking with my last name and when I promote to director (which I hope to do soon) I'll just have to figure out a creative way to put it elsewhere. ;)

It is long, however per policy that's pretty much what it has to be in order to be within the rules. Otherwise you'd have to indicate you're an independent consultant individually in each post you make, and with each picture you post etc.

It's actually better to say "consultant" anyway. Our titles will change (hopefully up) and if you have your level on there you are stuck with it or have to start the page all over. I put "sales director" on mine and am already sorry I did but it is as it is. WHEN I promote, I'll still be a director and I can change it elsewhere on the page. If I would demote, it would give me that extra incentive to get it back.

We are all consultants, no matter what level we are. In fact, that is our MAIN job, consultant first, so that's the safest title.

NooraK said:
It is long, however per policy that's pretty much what it has to be in order to be within the rules. Otherwise you'd have to indicate you're an independent consultant individually in each post you make, and with each picture you post etc.

Would it need to be on each individual post or would the description box on the first page suffice? A moot point for me really, but others may want to know.

BethCooks4U said:
We are all consultants, no matter what level we are. In fact, that is our MAIN job, consultant first, so that's the safest title.

That's a very good point Beth. :)

how do you find your fan page? set it up but where do i go from here?

Shell Northway said:
how do you find your fan page? set it up but where do i go from here?

Once you have set it up you can access it from your personal profile >> Account >> Manage Pages or you can just search for it in the search bar at the top of the screen. HTH

Sweet I found on the search but knew there had to be an easier way. Thank you

1. Why can't I change the name of my Facebook fan page?

Unfortunately, Facebook has implemented a policy that does not allow fan page names to be changed once they have reached a certain number of likes or followers. This is to prevent confusion and maintain consistency for page visitors.

2. Can I appeal to Facebook to change my fan page name?

Yes, you can submit an appeal to Facebook to change your fan page name. However, there is no guarantee that it will be approved. Facebook typically only allows name changes for pages with a small number of likes or for valid legal reasons.

3. How do I know if my fan page is eligible for a name change?

You can check the eligibility of your fan page by going to the “About” section and clicking on “Edit Page Info”. If the option to change your page name is not available, then your page is not eligible for a name change.

4. Can I create a new fan page with the desired name and merge it with my current page?

No, Facebook does not allow fan pages to be merged. You will have to choose one page to keep and delete the other if you want to use the desired name.

5. Is there any way to get around the policy and change my fan page name?

No, there is no known way to bypass Facebook's policy on changing fan page names. It is important to choose a name that you are happy with from the beginning to avoid any issues in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • cookingwithlove
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • babywings76