• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who's Ready to See Sarah Palin in Fort Wayne?

In summary, Rhonda will be attending Sarah Palin's speech in person on Saturday night. She was impressed by the event and is looking forward to hearing the former Governor of Alaska speak.
pampchefrhondab
I'm so excited! I get to go see Sarah Palin speak in person on Saturday night in Fort Wayne, IN!!

My daughter got tickets today - she even got 2 VIP tickets (which are close up). Not sure if she will take me or my husband w/her on the floor!

I'm very excited for you! You will have to share everything with us!! :) Can't wait to hear the good news. DH and I are going to see the MN Wild (hockey) play on Saturday...as much as I LOVE hockey, your event sounds a little more fun!

I would love to see her! There is just something about her that I really like!!!!!!!!!!

how exciting! joe biden was in our hometown over the past weekend & we got to go see him. (not trying to make this another political thread). it is so surreal being upclose & hearing their ideas and thoughts. its definitely a different perspective than watching it on tv. if anyone has the opportunity to see ANY candidate - even as low as the local races - i encourage it because it makes you feel like you are apart of something so important.

When I was in HS I went to a rally with my politics class and we saw Bob Dole. I have to admit, seeing any candidate in a rally is a surreal experience. I will never forget it!

Very cool! I met Reagan when we were stationed in Grenada and he came down to lay a wreath at the memorial for the solidiers killed during the invasion. So surreal, I'll never forget it!

Sarah was just here on Monday. There were so many people there, I didn't stay(headache). Couldn't get a good view. They had the stage facing away from those with tickets that had been there all day (they were supposed to film it on the jumbo tron, didn't have one.) Then towards the middle they just opened the gate and let everyone else in the parking lot in. But I heard it was great.

I am jealous!!!!

pampchefrhondab said:
I'm so excited! I get to go see Sarah Palin speak in person on Saturday night in Fort Wayne, IN!!

My daughter got tickets today - she even got 2 VIP tickets (which are close up). Not sure if she will take me or my husband w/her on the floor!

How exciting! Have fun!

President George W. Bush came to my part of Michigan three times before the last election, and we went to see him all three times. Once, he was at the fair grounds which were w/in walking distance of my house at the time. My eldest ds came with me to all three events and my youngest went to one.

I haven't been to any with McCain/Palin, but they aren't coming here any more. But, there is a tour coming through Michigan right now. Our Country Deserves Better PAC is touring and promoting McCain/Palin. They will be in Grand Rapids at 10 am this Saturday, October 25, then in Lansing, Brighton and Detroit. They will head to Ohio and Pennsylvania before reaching D.C. on their last day.

http://www.ourcountrydeservesbetter.com/

and the link to the tour schedule is

http://www.ourcountrydeservesbetter.com/nationaltour/index.html

vwpamperedchef said:
When I was in HS I went to a rally with my politics class and we saw Bob Dole. I have to admit, seeing any candidate in a rally is a surreal experience. I will never forget it!

Had to give kudos here....Dole is from my town:D We all had a huge rally here when he was running for pres; I was in grade school.

Rhonda - how was the experience? How fortunate you got to see her in person!

I saw former President Bill Clinton, after he left office, in September 2001. He spoke at an e-learning conference about distance learning and how it can help people all over the world improve their lives. Considering what happened just a few weeks earlier, the topic was even more relevant.

I was pretty far back in the auditorium, but the atmosphere was still electric. No matter what the party or position, one must have some degree of charisma to succeed in politics.

It's actually tonight Susan, but now I can't go!!!! I'm so upset, but I'm sick with a bad cold and fever!!!

My family is still going and will have a great time tonight! I can't wait to hear all of their stories!

Oh I'm so sorry Rhonda :-( - how did the family like it?

Susan, you are so funny. It's tonight, so they haven't gone, yet. :)

Well I got to watch in on the local TV station at least! She was awesome!! And she the coat she wore was her own which she bought in Alaska:)!

I'm still so sad I couldn't go!!! My family isn't home yet.

pampchefrhondab said:
Well I got to watch in on the local TV station at least! She was awesome!! And she the coat she wore was her own which she bought in Alaska:)!

I'm still so sad I couldn't go!!! My family isn't home yet.
How do you know that. It's funny that it is mentioned.

She mentioned how it was chilly here in Indiana like back home in Alaska and how she was wearing the coat she bought for herself in Alaska:)!

I think it's so funny the way the media is talking about how the Republican Party spent so much on her clothes, but they don't metion what she ordered for room service at the hotel in NY compared to the Obama's. She ordered a diet soda, Atkins bar and skinny white mocha coffee. The Obama's ordered steemed lobster, caviar and expensive champagne.

So who is more like you?

I would never order from room service. I'm too cheap! :) If I had to pick, I'm into the diet soda more than champagne. And caviar? Yuck! But, I wouldn't eat an Atkins bar either. I like lobster, but I never order it because again, I'm too cheap.

JAE said:
I would never order from room service. I'm too cheap! :) If I had to pick, I'm into the diet soda more than champagne. And caviar? Yuck! But, I wouldn't eat an Atkins bar either. I like lobster, but I never order it because again, I'm too cheap.

Me either - way too cheap! Except for when I was on a Carnival Cruise (MIL took us on). Room service was free:)!

uhmm lobster & champagne please :)

My goodness, does EVERY Chef Success thread concerning the election and/or candidates have to turn into a slam against Obama? I have avoided the "I like" "I hate" "What scares me" threads for a long time, and thought it was safe to read about Rhonda's/Rhonda's family's opportunity to see in person a viable female VP candidate, which is totally cool no matter who you support. But nooooo, it has to turn into yet another round of negativity.

This is ridiculous and saddens me.

Where is the slam, here?

I agree.. where's the slam?? I enjoyed hearing everyone's stories!! Except that Rhonda was sick.. that is so sad.. I'm glad you got to see it on TV. Get well soon.

"I think it's so funny the way the media is talking about how the Republican Party spent so much on her clothes, but they don't metion what she ordered for room service at the hotel in NY compared to the Obama's. She ordered a diet soda, Atkins bar and skinny white mocha coffee. The Obama's ordered steemed lobster, caviar and expensive champagne.
So who is more like you?

That's the slam....along with many many others in the "What I like about Obama" thread. This slam in particular detracts from the original purpose of the thread, which was that Rhonda (before she fell ill) was so excited to see a VP candidate live. Keep in mind that I am NOT a fan of Sarah Palin, but I still thought it was cool that Rhonda had a chance to see her.

I participated in the pro/anti candidate threads for a while, until they got too vicious and personal. Then I stopped even reading them because they made me upset and I started losing respect for some of the posters. I should not have bothered to read this one either, since it took an exciting occasion and turned it into an opportunity to slam one of the candidates.

Sorry for the vent and mini-hijack....it's been a rough time to be in the minority on ChefSuccess. Rhonda I hope you are feeling better and that your family had a great time meeting one of our VP candidates and only the second woman to get to this point.

Actually this wasn't a slam on Obama it was on the media. I was just pointing out how they talked about Sarah's expensive clothes, but don't talk about how much the other three in the running have spent. They try to say Obama is like the middle class American, when in truth Sarah is much closer to that. Obama has a million dollar home and does live a very lavish life style.

Thank you for everyone's concerns on my health. I'm still running a fever, but am starting to feel a little better.

1. What is "Going to See Sarah Palin"?

"Going to See Sarah Palin" is an event hosted by Pampered Chef that gives attendees the chance to see and meet Sarah Palin, a former governor and vice-presidential candidate. It is a fun and interactive experience that includes cooking demonstrations, product showcases, and a chance to connect with other Pampered Chef enthusiasts.

2. How can I purchase tickets for "Going to See Sarah Palin"?

Tickets for "Going to See Sarah Palin" can be purchased through the Pampered Chef website or through a registered Pampered Chef consultant. You can also contact our customer service team for assistance with purchasing tickets.

3. What should I expect at "Going to See Sarah Palin"?

At "Going to See Sarah Palin," you can expect to see live cooking demonstrations by Sarah Palin and other Pampered Chef consultants. There will also be opportunities to sample and purchase Pampered Chef products, as well as connect with other Pampered Chef enthusiasts. The event is also a great chance to learn new recipes and cooking tips.

4. Is there a dress code for "Going to See Sarah Palin"?

There is no specific dress code for "Going to See Sarah Palin," but we recommend wearing comfortable and casual attire. Keep in mind that the event will involve standing and possibly some hands-on cooking activities, so choose clothing and shoes that are suitable for these activities.

5. Will there be opportunities to meet and take photos with Sarah Palin at the event?

Yes, there will be opportunities to meet and take photos with Sarah Palin at the event. However, these opportunities may be limited and subject to availability. We recommend arriving early to increase your chances of meeting and taking photos with Sarah Palin.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Hathery
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • lkspeir
  • General Chat
Replies