• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oh No Not Another Venting Post!

In summary, her neighbor's adult daughter is competing in a pageant and her mother (in which she lives with) asked me about holding a fundraiser for her. I told her the 3 different "styles" of fundraisers I do (including donating MY commission to her), and she wanted to sell raffle tickets. When I got the tickets designed and asked her to come over to "proof" them, she said she changed her mind because she tried selling raffle tickets for a sheep and only sold a few. Okay, time wasted designing tickets but no
yummy4tummy
My neighbor's adult daughter is competing in a pageant. Her mother (in which she lives with) asked me about holding a fundraiser for her. I told her the 3 different "styles" of fundraisers I do (including donating MY commission to her) and she wanted to sell raffle tickets. When I got the tickets designed and asked her to come over to "proof" them. She said she changed her mind because she tried selling raffle tickets for a sheep and only sold a few. Okay, time wasted designing tickets but no problem. I get my mail today and there is a letter from her with a SAS envelope asking for a donation to help her offset her costs to be in this pageant! Am I wrong for seeing RED because she isn't willing to work for it?

The donation "packages" start off at $200 and go up to $1500+. I had to check the addressee because I am thinking she must have us confused with Bill Gates.

Last edited:
a Sheep? where do live?:confused:

Nevada...it is for a rodeo pageant

ahhh...that makes sense then. i was just curious.:)

don't see many sheep in my neck of the woods. There is a near by town that actually rents a herd (flock?) to eat the fileds.

:confused: what does a sheep and a rodeo have to do with eachother? :confused: i thought bulls and horse's were at rodeo's:confused: ??

The local rodeo here has "mutton busting" basically children riding sheep...lol

Sheep are at rodeo's too. You city girls need to get out a little more. LOL. The sheep was for butchering though. Now back to the regularly scheduled topic. Any answers, advice?

yummy4tummy said:
My neighbor's adult daughter is competing in a pageant. Her mother (in which she lives with) asked me about holding a fundraiser for her. I told her the 3 different "styles" of fundraisers I do (including donating MY commission to her) and she wanted to sell raffle tickets. When I got the tickets designed and asked her to come over to "proof" them. She said she changed her mind because she tried selling raffle tickets for a sheep and only sold a few. Okay, time wasted designing tickets but no problem. I get my mail today and there is a letter from her with a SAS envelope asking for a donation to help her offset her costs to be in this pageant! Am I wrong for seeing RED because she isn't willing to work for it?

The donation "packages" start off at $200 and go up to $1500+. I had to check the addressee because I am thinking she must have us confused with Bill Gates.

I don't think that you are wrong at all. I would reply that I would love to help her out but don't have the funds to do so, but if she ever wants to do a fundraiser she can because you have already have the tickets done from before that she ended up not wanting. I think this way she will realize the time and effort you have already put in for her.HTH

What kind of pageant is this? $200 minimum donation? Wow!

if it were me I don't think I would feel compelled to respond at all. Her letter was a request you have no obligation there.
and yes I would problay be PO'd too.

I wouldn't think they would ask why you didn't donate, so don't even offer an explanation.

Buy her one of those New Year's Eve tiara's and send it to her with your "Best Wishes" LOL!!!

WELL - we all wish we could do something like that !!!:D

First of all, I thought the same thing about the sheep! LOL!

Second of all, how RUDE of her! I hate when people have assumed donation amounts. I got a letter from a girl who was trying to raise money for a foreign exchange trip, a total random soliciation for $60 from 100 different businesses. I got it at my other job, but I called and did a fundraiser show for her and she raised over $150! So you tell this lady that if she really wanted to, she could do it...

speedychef said:
I hate when people have assumed donation amounts. I got a letter from a girl who was trying to raise money for a foreign exchange trip, a total random soliciation for $60 from 100 different businesses. I got it at my other job, but I called and did a fundraiser show for her and she raised over $150! So you tell this lady that if she really wanted to, she could do it...

I used to hate seeing fixed amounts on forms too, but studies show if you put a specific amount, people who are able are more likely to give and also to shoot higher than you think you would because also, those who can afford would pick the lower if you provided it, but if you didn't pick the higher. They recommend starting at $25 and then going up and leaving a box and blank line for those of us (like me - LOL!) who are cheap and on a tight budget and only would give like $5-$10. I thought at first it was selfish, kind of rude, presumptuous, etc., but after quite a bit of reading on the topic of fundraising, it holds pretty true. ...kind of like our invite 40 people and get an average of 25% response...

If I think of the book names that rough information was out of I'll post it...probably won't come to me tonight - long day!

You never heard of mutton busting - My nephew wond a big ole belt buckle on his first event.

Wow! $200 starting donation is very steep. I wouldn't feel obligated to respond either. That must be one expensive pageant!

I wouldn't even acknowledge it! You tried helping her already and wasted your time creating those tickets. Let her know that if she owuld have went with you, those tickets were done JUST for her daughter!;)

I don't think you need to acknowledge the letter. I'm sure you were one of many who received it.

I also ask that you not think too harshly of the young woman or her mom for the donation "choices" stated in the letter. It is possible that this is a standard letter that is used by all the participants (even if it's personalized). My son and several other people we know have been involved in different things (mission trips, youth training, etc.) in which the organizers expected them to raise funds. Almost without exception they included a sample support request/invitation letter.

Hey Rae, everytime I see your pic (courtesy of KG) I think of you on your pole in the conference hotel! Sorry!:eek: The way KG explained it, I saw you doing it!!:D

yummy4tummy said:
Nevada...it is for a rodeo pageant

I am from UT so I know all about the Rodeo pageants, what rodeo pageant is she trying out for? Miss Rodeo NV? I know it is very expensive, I think that if you can't afford it then you better not do it. I have a lot of friends that competed in Miss Rodeo Utah and never asked for money. Especially a minimum of $200, does she plan on giving out reciepts so if you "by chance" do donate so you can put it on your taxes.

I don't think I would donate. $200 is very steep for me unless is was a very close friend or family. I would maybe expect a grandma, aunt, or uncle to give that much. But I usually only see fundrasiers for the Miss Rodeo Utah Queen to go to Vegas to compete for Miss Rodeo America.

I wouldn't even respond or if you did offer to help with a PC fundraiser since you already have the tickets made up.

Last edited:
PampMomof3 said:
Hey Rae, everytime I see your pic (courtesy of KG) I think of you on your pole in the conference hotel! Sorry!:eek: The way KG explained it, I saw you doing it!!:D

That's okay. I know that if there is anything remotely resembling a pole of any sort in the hotel lobby I'll laugh every time I see it.

I just love Gina's idea for New Years tiaras.:rolleyes: ;) :p
There was just a rodeo in our city (Buffalo, NY) last weekend. My co-worker is from Texas & she went. She is divorced....I told her I saw her on the news at the rodeo singin "Save a horse, ride a Cowboy":D :eek: :D

Chef Endora said:
Save a horse, ride a Cowboy

This has become my new mantra :D

holy moly...did you just say that? ha ha.

What is "Oh No Not Another Venting Post!"?

"Oh No Not Another Venting Post!" is a popular product from Pampered Chef that allows you to easily vent steam from your pots and pans while cooking, preventing messy and dangerous splatters.

How does "Oh No Not Another Venting Post!" work?

The venting post features a unique design that allows you to easily attach it to the rim of your pot or pan. Simply insert the post into the designated hole and it will automatically release steam while cooking. It can also be easily removed for cleaning.

Is "Oh No Not Another Venting Post!" safe to use?

Yes, "Oh No Not Another Venting Post!" is completely safe to use. It is made of high-quality, heat-resistant materials and has been thoroughly tested to ensure its safety and durability.

Can "Oh No Not Another Venting Post!" be used with all types of pots and pans?

Yes, "Oh No Not Another Venting Post!" is designed to be compatible with most pots and pans, including metal, glass, and ceramic cookware. However, it may not work with very small or unique-shaped cookware.

How do I clean and maintain "Oh No Not Another Venting Post!"?

Cleaning "Oh No Not Another Venting Post!" is simple and easy. Just detach it from your pot or pan and wash it with warm soapy water or place it in the dishwasher. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing it away. With proper care, your venting post will last for years to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sherri lynn
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • General Chat