• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who's Making Changes to Their Biz in 2011?

In summary, the author is implementing a new policy of closing parties after 24 hours. They are also going to bring a laptop to their shows so that hosts can submit orders more quickly.
chefsteph07
After this month of chasing down hosts, I'm going to implement a policy of closing shows after 24 hours.

I have been chasing down hosts for a week now! 7 of them to be exact. 5 are catalog parties that have been going on since the beginning of the month(or longer) NOw that I finally caught up with them all, I am scrambling to close parties before midnight tomorrow and so far, 2 opf them have not had enough to even make a party. FRUSTRATING TO say the least. Any other month I would have been fine, but at this point every dollar is counting to getting me to the next sell a thon level(level 3) NOt sure at thispoint I am going to make it or not. :(

I'm implementing a 48 hr close and catalog shows will only have 2 weeks from the date I mail the packet before they WILL close with or without the host!

I'm also going to send newsletters, but not the home office ones or any other service. i'm making my own with my new Microsoft Office 2010 (thanks so my wonderful hubby for the program package!)

ShelbyMichalek said:
I'm implementing a 48 hr close

How do you plan to implement this? I've tried this from the beginning and have been somewhat successful, but I've had some that, for whatever reason, can't close within 48 hours (the time frame that I had given). Some had checks in the mail that they had not received while others had friends who still wanted to look and place an order. :cry: I've thought if I had some sort of incentive to make them WANT to get it submitted in a timely fashion, sort of like what PC does for us by having a nice gift when you hold/submit two shows by the 15th. However, to this point, I haven't been able to come up with anything that won't break the bank.

I have something in my host kit telling them that we will close within 48 hours of the show and then I make sure that I tell them when I schedule the show, too. They all seem to be okay with it, until it's time for the rubber to meet the road and then some just don't seem to get it!

I'm open for suggestions and look forward to hearing what others have done that's worked for them.

I'm going to start bringing my laptop to my shows. :)

sassypip said:
I have been chasing down hosts for a week now! 7 of them to be exact. 5 are catalog parties that have been going on since the beginning of the month(or longer) NOw that I finally caught up with them all, I am scrambling to close parties before midnight tomorrow and so far, 2 opf them have not had enough to even make a party. FRUSTRATING TO say the least. Any other month I would have been fine, but at this point every dollar is counting to getting me to the next sell a thon level(level 3) NOt sure at thispoint I am going to make it or not. :(

OT - but can you combine those two catalog shows that are short and make them "co-hosts" and have it ship to YOU to be divided?

My hospitality director (who is a NED)...says that she closes within that 1-2 day window. She always rebooks her hosts. So she tells the host that any outside orders she receives AFTER the show can be made into a catalog show - and since she's rebooked her for a future show....she can put it in as the new show and the host gets additional Host Special items (and of course, she rebooks her again). Since the biggest problem hosts have is the "outside orders" they are trying to get after the show- that would probably be a way to eliminate it- SOME.

esavvymom said:
My hospitality director (who is a NED)...says that she closes within that 1-2 day window. She always rebooks her hosts. So she tells the host that any outside orders she receives AFTER the show can be made into a catalog show - and since she's rebooked her for a future show....she can put it in as the new show and the host gets additional Host Special items (and of course, she rebooks her again).

Since the biggest problem hosts have is the "outside orders" they are trying to get after the show- that would probably be a way to eliminate it- SOME.

This is a really great idea!

Here are the things I am going to work on in the new year:
1) Host Coaching
2) Customer Service
3) Closing in 48 hours

heather223 said:
Here are the things I am going to work on in the new year:
1) Host Coaching
2) Customer Service
3) Closing in 48 hours

How are you going to work on the host coaching? I could really use attention in that area too

chefsteph07 said:
How are you going to work on the host coaching? I could really use attention in that area too

Don't laugh when you read this- I am actually going to make sure I do the 3 calls and follow the list of what I am supposed to be talking about. I have found that I do 2 things when I host coach. 1) I don't make the 3 calls and 2) if I make the calls we get off topic and I skip around and don't talk about the really important things like personally inviting guests, getting bookings, and the business opportunity.

My hubby should be back from Iraq late February - mid March and I am just thrilled to be able to start my business back up and hopefully do 4-6 shows a month. Since right now I am working on making sure I am active every month (I wasn't in November but already have a catalog show set to go in tomorrow for Dec) that is a HUGE change.

As for changes I plan to make:
1) have a more consistant schedule for my email contacts (newsletters, blasts, etc)
2) better host coaching and post show closing
3) practice, practice, practice the full service check out
4) Keep it Simple!

esavvymom said:
OT - but can you combine those two catalog shows that are short and make them "co-hosts" and have it ship to YOU to be divided?

THat is exactly what I did. :) Thanks!!

I have a catalog show still open that was part of my 12 Days of Christmas contest.... She just keeps avoiding me... I have done several catalog shows from my home town and most of them have gone pretty good, but with this one, I feel like screaming.... So, thinking about only doing local catalog shows, unless it is family... Definitely start taking my laptop to shows, making 3 contacts a day, and try to get up the courage to talk to everyone I see, even if it is just handing them a business card.

I need to get on the PHONE! After working a Cub Scout fundraiser and going DOOR-TO-DOOR with my kids, the phone doesn't seem nearly as daunting! if we can survive that, we can survive anything! (And I was IN CHARGE of the fundraiser...so was talking to alot of people...so NOT my thing!!)But now I have new incentive for earning a few extra bucks...I've got one kid getting glasses, and the other possibly facing braces later next year. Uggh! So could use the extra cash to offset the deductible (especially the braces!!)

I am going to start working my business much more. I have a goal of $2000 a month in sales. I would like to make a total of $5000 next year so that I can pay for a wedding. SSHH..don't tell my boyfriend about this post..we are not even engaged yet..but we have talked about it..but I would like to be able to pay for it without going into debt.

Congrats Heidi, and I hope you make your goal and are able to pay for your wedding and be debt free when it is over...

Personal Changes for ME:
Better Host Coaching
CONSISTENTLY do 3-2-1 (especially the 3)

To Help my TEAM:
Cook and Books Monthly
Conference Calls Monthly
Weekly Training Calls
(along with my Cluster Meetings)

I want to promote to Advanced Director and Earn A Trip...I don't think I'm going to make it this year :(

What are the top changes that people are making to their business in 2011?

Some of the most common changes that people are making to their business in 2011 include incorporating more technology, updating their marketing strategies, streamlining processes, expanding product lines, and focusing on customer retention.

How can technology help improve my business in 2011?

Technology can help improve your business in several ways, such as increasing efficiency and productivity, reaching a wider audience through online platforms, and automating tasks to free up time for other important tasks.

What are some effective marketing strategies for businesses in 2011?

Some effective marketing strategies for businesses in 2011 include utilizing social media, creating engaging and visually appealing content, collaborating with influencers or other businesses, and utilizing targeted advertising.

Why is it important to streamline processes in 2011?

Streamlining processes can help businesses save time, reduce costs, and increase efficiency. In 2011, with the fast-paced nature of business and increased competition, streamlining processes can give businesses a competitive edge and help them stay relevant.

How can I focus on customer retention in 2011?

Some ways to focus on customer retention in 2011 include providing excellent customer service, offering loyalty programs or incentives, personalizing interactions with customers, and regularly seeking feedback and implementing changes based on it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • zmom58