• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Change Payment Type After Show Is Submitted?

In summary, the host from last week's show just got around to paying me. I closed her show on Tuesday after speaking with her and last night she left a CC number at my house to make her payment with.
redsoxgirl
The host from last week's show just got around to paying me. I closed her show on Tuesday after speaking with her and last night she left a CC number at my house to make her payment with.

Can I change that or is it too late and I have to get cash or check from her??

It is too late. On the finalization screen, you agree that no changes can be made after the show is submitted by clicking Submit. You will need to get a check or cash from her. (One more reason never to submit until you have all the payments, but I'm sure you know that already.)

PS: In circumstances like this I usually request cash... sometimes if they are using a credit card is because they don't have the available funds to cover their order, so I'm weary of taking a check.

Last edited:
*sigh* I kinda figured that.
Thanks Colleen.

Try to call HO, I've heard of someone doing that before when a customer came back with a CC number. It's worth a shot.

I would try to. Because chances are they have removed the funds from your acct yet, so a Credit Card can be swiped through. Give it a shot!

I think HO will change it. I have heard of them doing it before.

My upline Director has had similar circumstances a couple of times and has been able to call HO and get the card put through. It's worth a shot. I'm sure it's not something they love for us to do often, but it is something they can do when necessary.

Thanks guys - I'll give that a shot after they open and let you know what happens.

Call right away! I've had a payment type changed before.

I had a host write me a check for her order, and all of her outside orders.....to the tune of over $400. Then, the day after we closed her show, she called me in a panic, because her DH had seen the amount of $ in their checking account (Guests had written checks to her) and paid bills with it, and the check was going to bounce. She gave me a CC#, and I called HO, and they processed it for me.:thumbup:

I've forgotten to enter a CC number before. I just called HO; they said they would still take it out of my account, and then charge their CC & give my account a credit. Worked out okay.

I called and they did what you guys said. They're going to charge her card and refund the money to my account.

redsoxgirl said:
I called and they did what you guys said. They're going to charge her card and refund the money to my account.

Gotta love HO! They really do want us to succeed!

redsoxgirl said:

That is wonderful news!!!!!!!!!

I am happy to read this, because I put a host CC # in P3.
She was paying for several people (outside orders), not just herself.

I left the people who had not paid me directly as "Not Yet Paid". P3 came up with a yellow triangle when I finalized, but it was a warning and not a red circle error.

I hope that is the right way to do it. I checked the P3 help & found no clues. Host was wanting to close right then, so I submitted it and it went through OK.

Aaargh, she didn't make it $500 either. Also she had an Easy Accent Decorator of the old style where you can't get the $2 ring replacements for them.
I gave a new one (EAD) to her at 60% off, so about $11 off my commission. But, it was a fun show and I know I am going to get repeat business from this crowd.

Nobody was wild about the soylent green color for spring when I showed them upcoming specials, though.
The past host loved the booking benefit (60% off a deep dish baker) and I got several future bookings.

kspry said:
Yet Paid". P3 came up with a yellow triangle when I finalized, but it was a warning and not a red circle error.

I hope that is the right way to do it. I checked the P3 help & found no clues. Host was wanting to close right then, so I submitted it and it went through OK..

I have done that before and had no problems Triangles are just for caution , you cannot submit if it is showing a red dot beside it.

Thanks, Jennifer, I am glad to know it will go through OK. I told her I would rather she collect money from her outside orders, than me. Her actual cost was only about $40 but there was $200 on her CC, I think.

YW.

I have put the entire show on the host card before with no problem. This is what I always do if I have an ou of town show. The guest make their checks payable to the host and that way she has to deal with it if they bounce and they are way off for me to have to deal with.

Heh, my director finally mentioned that little factoid to us at last night's cluster meeting - all checks made out to host. Duh, once you think of it or read it here, but the PC literature says to make it out to the consultant, doesn't it? Maybe I will email them about that.

In all fairness, though, PC makes it sound so simple to set everything up. Both of my recruits have had problems with where to put all the (dare I say) crap? that comes with signing up. I had problems, with it, too - that first huge supply package was overwhelming, to say the least.

edit - but once you get it sorted, it's OK. I don't mean to sound negative. It just took me about 9 months. I kept changing it around until I got it right for me & my family. And now I know to clean & purge before I order a sample package.

Last edited:
I don't mind if the checks are made out to host if she is using a CC, but I will not do this for a host who pays check.

I don't mind dealing with a $25 or $50 bounced check, but what would you do with an $800-$1000 bounced check???:eek: :cry: :yuck:

The only time I suggest this option is when I am trying to make a deadline (like end of month, double points, trip, TPC) and I need their show in ASAP. Besides that I have them drop the checks in the mail with the order forms, it usually only adds a day or two to the ship time.

ChefBeckyD said:
Gotta love HO! They really do want us to succeed!

I just called HO with the same exact problem and they told me they could not change it! Should I call back and speak with a different person? I just closed the show late Monday night!!

atpchef said:
I just called HO with the same exact problem and they told me they could not change it! Should I call back and speak with a different person? I just closed the show late Monday night!!

Yes..I think that you should call again and talk to someone different.

atpchef said:

This thread is from over 3 years ago their policies may have changed but I was always told that once you submit a show you cannot change it.

I did call again and the woman I talked to this time did make a point to mention that they USED to have the ability to change payments, but can't anymore. I know the thread was old, so when I called the 2nd time, I wanted to ask about it being done in the past, but this customer service rep. brought it up on her own. I just got a more helpful one the 2nd call!

1. Can I change the payment type after my show is submitted?

Yes, you can change the payment type after your show is submitted as long as it is before the show closes. After the show is closed, the payment type cannot be changed.

2. How can I change the payment type for my show?

To change the payment type for your show, you can either contact your consultant or customer service to make the change. You will need to provide the new payment information for the update to be processed.

3. Can I change the payment type for just a portion of my order?

No, the payment type can only be changed for the entire show order. If you need to use different payment methods for different portions of your order, you will need to place separate orders.

4. Is there a fee for changing the payment type after the show is submitted?

No, there is no fee for changing the payment type. However, if the new payment type results in a different total, you will need to pay the remaining balance or receive a refund for the difference.

5. Can I change the payment type for a show that has already been closed?

No, once a show is closed, the payment type cannot be changed. If you need to make changes to your payment type, you will need to contact the consultant or customer service before the show is closed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • luvtocook