• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Host Wants to Return All Her Stoneware!

can't imagine having a customer do that!Do customers have the same type of wait time we have?I sat on hold for 2hrs the other night with no call back option! I can't imagine having a customer do that!
stefani2
I have a customer who held a Show in January (to get the Stoneware Sale here in Canada) - BUT she was a stoneware virgin. So she purchased 5 pieces and HATES IT! :(

I have been taught to pay for returns/exchanges MYSELF. After this has happened - I want to change my Policy - I will do the returns WITHIN the first 30 days - after that it is up to the customer.

Now, I know A LOT of Consultants DO NOT pay for returns/exchanges. Can you tell me how you 'word' your policy? I don't want to have unhappy customers in the future - but I don't want to pay the $45 that it is going to cost to ship ALL this Stoneware BACK to HO. Let me add -- EVERYTHING on her WishList (including the SToneware) was FPV - so I didn't make anything on it! - NOW I am going to pay for this out of my pocket??!!!

HELP PLEASE :cry:

take the initiative and just state the company's policy: after 30 days it's up to the customer to return it. Sheesh!

Have her call HO and do the return herself - let them handle it -

I agree, I dont handle the returns, because quite frankly it can get expensive.

on the back of our sales receipts it says:
If you are not completely satisfied with a nonconsumable product within one year from the date of purchase, contact out Solution Center. Upon return of product with original sales receipt (at your expense), we will replace, refund or exchange the item for any other item available for sale at the time of the original purchase.....

I don't know if you use the same forms, but I would reference that, and give her the number to HO if she has questions.

Oh Jenna have the customer call HO and have her deal with it. Crazy!!! IT WAS FREE!! She must be a nutter!

I call HO for the customer and get everything set up for them and get the reference number. Then I give it to the customer and tell them they need to send it back with the reference number and HO will get the return taken care of. Then it is up to them to get it shipped out. I want to help them as much as possible without it costing me anything! I believe this is still good customer service cause I certainly wouldn't want them having to stay on hold for the 3+ hours that it is taking now-a-days!!

sfdavis918 said:
I call HO for the customer and get everything set up for them and get the reference number. Then I give it to the customer and tell them they need to send it back with the reference number and HO will get the return taken care of. Then it is up to them to get it shipped out. I want to help them as much as possible without it costing me anything! I believe this is still good customer service cause I certainly wouldn't want them having to stay on hold for the 3+ hours that it is taking now-a-days!!

This is what I do also. On very RARE occasions I will send it back for them. I had one host that had about 3 problems in a row so I stepped in and did it for her. She's a great customer and I wanted to keep her happy :)

sfdavis918 said:

Do customers have the same type of wait time we have?

I sat on hold for 2hrs the other night with no call back option! I can't imagine having a customer do that!

kam said:
Do customers have the same type of wait time we have?

I sat on hold for 2hrs the other night with no call back option! I can't imagine having a customer do that!
I'm pretty sure they do.

Tonight when I called wait time is 30 minutes
it said call backs are not an option

Another option would be to ask her WHY she hates it. Perhaps, with a little bit if "education", you could help convert her....?

Good luck!
Paula

Teresa Lynn said:
Tonight when I called wait time is 30 minutes
it said call backs are not an option
I wonder why they're not giving that as an option??? I had a consultant call today and did get a call back in 2 1/2 hours. Maybe once the "queue" (is that how you spell it? that looks weird) is full of call backs, they don't offer it anymore. That's crazy!!!

I do the same as others have said; I'll facilitate the return and call to get the reference number, but VERY rarely have I sent something back for a customer. The potential for that practice to cost me too much $$ is too big. I had a recent customer who TWICE had the nylon tools (the older version) get marked up and the turner even peel off at the ends after just using it for basic stuff (pancakes, cooking up veggies). She was peeved because she had already gotten some replaced once. So, just to try to save our good name, I agreed to pick them up from her to send in because I already have a couple things I need to send in for myself. I gave her a Classic Scraper just to use to stir fry and stuff like that and I said there's NO way that would melt or do anything weird. I thought trying to mend this relationship might be worth it down the line because she's thinking of replacing her cookware (so I gave her a catalog and encouraged her to look at ours;) ).

I would submit the product adjustment for her online (no calling) and then forward the information to her about mailing back the products to get her refund. Don't do the return for her - this is why I have never offered to do returns for customers after 30 days (unless it's my mom!) - I don't want to start something I'm not willing to do for everyone!! Good luck!

cathyskitchen said:
I would submit the product adjustment for her online (no calling) and then forward the information to her about mailing back the products to get her refund. Don't do the return for her - this is why I have never offered to do returns for customers after 30 days (unless it's my mom!) - I don't want to start something I'm not willing to do for everyone!! Good luck!

That's exactly how I would do it, too!

Good luck!
Paula:chef:

Did you already tell her you would do it? I don't say anything specific just give them the address and tell them that HO will process the return as soon as they get the products.

Simply, tell her that your policy is to handle the return within the first 30 days after that you do not handle the return.

I thought you could only replace the product after the first 30 days if it messed up anyway, not just return it after 30 days b/c you do not like it.

jrstephens said:
Simply, tell her that your policy is to handle the return within the first 30 days after that you do not handle the return.

I thought you could only replace the product after the first 30 days if it messed up anyway, not just return it after 30 days b/c you do not like it.

Nope, the warranty is at least one year for all products for returning them and getting $$ back. After that, if a product has an extended warranty, it is only able to be replaced or exchanged, but not refunded...

Hope that helps!

Paula

I haven't told the Host ANYTHING other than she will be able to exchange the stoneware for other products.

She LOVES ALL the other products she earned - I have had 1 booking from her JUST from her talking to another person AND a $200 individual order from a different person.

I think I will just tell her THAT is why it is SO important to use your products WITHIN 30 days!!! - after that, it is up to the customer to do the return. If she is REALLY upset - then I might offer to split it (JUST this once)!

I gave her TONS of other suggestions to make Stoneware 'work' for her. She said her cookies took over 1/2 an hour AND her french fries wouldn't 'crisp'. I explained to her that her cookies will be soft (not a crisp bottom like regular pans), and the same with the french fries - but I don't think she wanted to understand or even try again.

I am getting overwhelmed with ALL the returns/exchanges lately - I have 6 boxes from 2 weeks! :( I think NOW is a good time to change my 'policy'.

p.s. My D suggested to tell my Host to pay for the shipping and then issue her a g.c. (only through me) to be used on her next purchase - that way I am making 20% on it. I don't know....I am making 20% on $40.00 - big deal.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions everyone! :)

I don't mail anything back for my customers. I do handle getting the ref. no. and giving them the address. That would just cost way too much to ship things back for people.

what you have experiencedDo customers ever complain about paying the shipping costs? (that is what I am scared of)

stefani2 said:
Do customers ever complain about paying the shipping costs? (that is what I am scared of)
Come to think of it, I haven't had anyone come right out and say anything to me. I have gotten the feeling that a couple of people didn't want to pay for it, and when I followed up with HO on them they said they were still waiting for the products. So I guess to those few people they decided not to pay the shipping.

I *NEVER* send anything back at my expense for a customer UNLESS I already have some things going back from my own stock and can just include theirs in the box.We are not the return department, the HO is.

It sounds like this host is part of the 60% of the population that doesn't like stoneware, and is the reason HO brought out the sheet pans this season.I gotta jump on the "get the reference number and have her send them back" bandwagon. That's what I do, and I don't hear any complaints. Of course, maybe my customers just whine behind my back about it. If she had bought from any other catalog or online store, she'd have to pay to ship them back.

stefani2 said:
Do customers ever complain about paying the shipping costs? (that is what I am scared of)
No one has ever complained. Now she might... Just because of the cost. It may need to be something she contacts HO about herself. Maybe they can come up with a better solution for her to send them back cheaper.

Since you haven't mentioned to her about paying for the shipping back, I wouldn't. It wouldn't hurt to change your policy. That's why I stress to my hosts every time their order comes in about the 30 day policy.

I also stress they have 30 days for PC to pay the shipping. After that they have to pay for it. I tell them that several different times. So my customers already know I won't pay to ship it back. I have had a few come to a show and try to return something. I kindly ask them if they have a receipt. If not, I ask if they can remember who the host was and when the show was. If not, I tell them they won't be able to return it. I tell them they have to have a receipt just like w/any store. If it is something w/a lifetime guarantee I tell them they can call PC and there is a chance they may take it back. I then give them the 800 number. I agree if they purchased from a catalog, QVC, etc. they would have to pay to return it. I tell people that about the 30 days PC pays for. I don't know any other company that does that.

cathyskitchen said:

This is what I just did for my SIL. Her roasting pan is all scratched up and she isn't sure how it happened. I got the reference number and sent that and the address to her... from there it is up to her to decide if it is worth the effort and money. It is just too expensive to do that myself!

3 timesI ALWAYS mention MORE THAN ONCE to 'use your products within the first 30 days' AT the Show, by a follow-up email, AND during CCC/OFTB Calls! Apparently people don't listen!

I will talk to her today and see how it goes. Wish me luck!!! :)

DebbieJ said:
I *NEVER* send anything back at my expense for a customer UNLESS I already have some things going back from my own stock and can just include theirs in the box.

We are not the return department, the HO is.

Can we put more than one thing in a box, when I had asked the solution center they said each item had to be in one box with the ref. number on the outside. It would really help if I could put it all in the same box, I have a few personal things that I need to send back and have been waiting b/c of the cost.

I do returns once a month and put them all in one box with all the reference numbers on the outside. Then I attach the receipt w/ the reference on each item. I've never had any problems.

Never returned stoneware, though, except for small pieces. It's usually just small items like scoops, etc.

I don't pay for their returns, either. Target, Ann Taylor, Talbots (etc, etc) don't pay my gas for me to hop in my car and return something to their stores because it didn't work for me.... so I have done an online adjustment and gotten a reference number for them- but the rest is up to them.

I found early on that the nicer you were when it came to stuff like that- the more people will walk all over you, and maybe even return more than they normally would.

HTH! :)

Someone at H/O told me that they can only return it because they "Don't like it" within the first 30 days, and that the one year warranty is for if there is something wrong.

She got it all for free, so she should send it back herself. I always tell my customers how THEY can return items, and only if they blow a huge fit about it do offer to do it myself. BUT... I let them know that i won't be doing it until i do my regular once a month returns at end of month...so they may be waiting up to 2 months before they get their replacements or whatever. (here they say ot allow 4 to 6 weeks for adjustments).

chefshawna said:
Can we put more than one thing in a box, when I had asked the solution center they said each item had to be in one box with the ref. number on the outside. It would really help if I could put it all in the same box, I have a few personal things that I need to send back and have been waiting b/c of the cost.

Yes, I often return several things in one box and just make sure everything is labeled with its own reference number.

stefani2 said:
I ALWAYS mention MORE THAN ONCE to 'use your products within the first 30 days' AT the Show, by a follow-up email, AND during CCC/OFTB Calls! Apparently people don't listen!

I will talk to her today and see how it goes. Wish me luck!!! :)

Good Luck Jenna;)

called HOI called HO - they can do an exchange NO PROBLEM. Once my Host has picked out new product equal or greater than the FPV ($208 worth), then we will get a reference number. We have to box up all the stoneware (it can be in one big box), write the reference number on the outside (CDN. HO requests the # to be on the outside), and we will ship it.

My Host was very understanding and reasonable. I explained to her AGAIN that Stoneware will not give you crispy cookies and crunchy crunch french fries - and she told me that is the way that they cook/eat their food - so she figures Stoneware just isn't for her family.

I also asked her to be honest with me and tell me if she was ok with the situation. She said she was (I hope she was telling me the truth).

p.s. CDN. HO also told me that when they mail out a label to cover the shipping costs (if the product is within its first 30 days) - that label is ONLY for THAT product to be shipped back. Ex: I have 3 products sitting here ALL with labels ALL for their 30 day return BUT I can't put them ALL in one box and ship it - they MUST be seperate. Did anyone else know that???

stefani2 said:
I called HO - they can do an exchange NO PROBLEM. Once my Host has picked out new product equal or greater than the FPV ($208 worth), then we will get a reference number. We have to box up all the stoneware (it can be in one big box), write the reference number on the outside (CDN. HO requests the # to be on the outside), and we will ship it.

My Host was very understanding and reasonable. I explained to her AGAIN that Stoneware will not give you crispy cookies and crunchy crunch french fries - and she told me that is the way that they cook/eat their food - so she figures Stoneware just isn't for her family.

I also asked her to be honest with me and tell me if she was ok with the situation. She said she was (I hope she was telling me the truth).

p.s. CDN. HO also told me that when they mail out a label to cover the shipping costs (if the product is within its first 30 days) - that label is ONLY for THAT product to be shipped back. Ex: I have 3 products sitting here ALL with labels ALL for their 30 day return BUT I can't put them ALL in one box and ship it - they MUST be seperate. Did anyone else know that???
I think most of the other consultants were talking about items outside of the 30 days. When someone would have to pay for shipping themselves. Glad to see you got it resolved! Maybe see if they wants to place an order now for the new sheet pans (since she has to order out of the old catalog for her FPV).

On the crisp french fries - I always get crisp/crunchy ff but the key is they all have to be touching the stone not just thrown in a pile on the stone.

Yeah, I get crispy fries and cookies too. That's actually one of the things that sold me on stoneware, is how nice and crispy foods like fries or leftovers got, and there's no need to flip anything. But hey, it can't be for everybody I guess. Glad you got the return taken care of.

I ship some things back for customers to keep them happy. I don't have to do it often (not even once a month) so its no big deal.

stefani2 said:

I had a customer with a broken stone that was just over the 30 day rule. She REFUSED to return it for a new one because she had to pay to ship it.

As far as stones go, can't they just send in a broken part of it? It sure would be cheaper that sending the whole thing.

jrny2001 said:
I had a customer with a broken stone that was just over the 30 day rule. She REFUSED to return it for a new one because she had to pay to ship it.

As far as stones go, can't they just send in a broken part of it? It sure would be cheaper that sending the whole thing.
You do only have to send a pce back, about the size of your palm is good enough.

For stones, you only need to send a palm sized piece. As for the 30 day paid for labels, I was actually told I COULD combine them, but not with items not with prepaid s/h.I get crispy cookies and french fries, but things take longer to bake (by at least 5-10 minutes sometimes). I LOVE my stones!!

It's one thing if it is a warranty issue...but the fact that she just doesn't like it is another. You shouldn't have to pay just because she "doesn't like" it.

don't understandjust to clarify - do you suggest I break her stones so she doesn't have to pay so much in shipping? :cry: some haven't even been used! :(

They just need to send in a piece about the size of your palm. Thats all I do.

jbdowd0798 said:
They just need to send in a piece about the size of your palm. Thats all I do.
They aren't broken. I don't think it would be too cool to break them just to save on shipping.

why didn't I know that?Why didn't HO tell me that????

I will need the Host to break the Stoneware - to break un-used Stones would be the death of me!!! *EEK* LOL

stefani2 said:
Why didn't HO tell me that????

I will need the Host to break the Stoneware - to break un-used Stones would be the death of me!!! *EEK* LOL
I'm pretty sure HO is not going to tell you to break a perfectly good stone. :D They will only tell you that if the stone is already broken.

hmmmmLOL - I don't know! - HO has told me that before but the stoneware piece had been used once.

stefani2 said:
Why didn't HO tell me that????

NO NO Jenna, I was talking about stoneware that is already broken and you call in for an adjustment. HO will ask for it back but if it's broken you only need to send in a small piece.

If the stoneware isn't already broken then that's a different story!!

<h2>1. Can I return all of the stoneware my host purchased at her party?</h2><p>Yes, you can return all of the stoneware within the first 30 days after purchase. After that, it is up to the customer to decide if they want to return or exchange the stoneware.</p><h2>2. Do I have to pay for the returns or exchanges?</h2><p>It is up to your personal policy, but it is common for consultants to pay for returns and exchanges within the first 30 days. After that, it is up to the customer to cover the cost.</p><h2>3. How do I word my return policy?</h2><p>Your return policy can be something like, "Returns and exchanges are accepted within the first 30 days of purchase. After that, it is up to the customer to cover the cost." You can also include any other details or conditions you have for returns.</p><h2>4. What if I don't want to pay for the returns or exchanges?</h2><p>If you do not want to cover the cost of returns or exchanges, you can state in your policy that it is the customer's responsibility to cover the cost after the first 30 days. You can also offer alternative solutions, such as store credit or replacement items, instead of refunds.</p><h2>5. What should I do if my host wants to return all of her stoneware?</h2><p>If your host wants to return all of the stoneware, you can follow your return policy and offer a refund or exchange within the first 30 days. If it is after the 30-day period, you can suggest alternative solutions or offer to cover a portion of the return shipping cost as a courtesy to your host.</p>

1. Can I return all of the stoneware my host purchased at her party?

Yes, you can return all of the stoneware within the first 30 days after purchase. After that, it is up to the customer to decide if they want to return or exchange the stoneware.

2. Do I have to pay for the returns or exchanges?

It is up to your personal policy, but it is common for consultants to pay for returns and exchanges within the first 30 days. After that, it is up to the customer to cover the cost.

3. How do I word my return policy?

Your return policy can be something like, "Returns and exchanges are accepted within the first 30 days of purchase. After that, it is up to the customer to cover the cost." You can also include any other details or conditions you have for returns.

4. What if I don't want to pay for the returns or exchanges?

If you do not want to cover the cost of returns or exchanges, you can state in your policy that it is the customer's responsibility to cover the cost after the first 30 days. You can also offer alternative solutions, such as store credit or replacement items, instead of refunds.

5. What should I do if my host wants to return all of her stoneware?

If your host wants to return all of the stoneware, you can follow your return policy and offer a refund or exchange within the first 30 days. If it is after the 30-day period, you can suggest alternative solutions or offer to cover a portion of the return shipping cost as a courtesy to your host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • mistym
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • Roadtripray