• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who's Joining Me for Dinner Tonight? Any Guesses?

In summary, KG got to see the "Chrome Theater," and Dan even spoke to him! (He tends to not like my friends for some reason.)
chefann
Gold Member
I get a special treat tonight. I get to meet someone from CS tonight for dinner at my house!

MAYBE I'll post a pic, but maybe not. ;)

So I'm *cough*sick*cough* to clean house, since I was a total lump this weekend and didn't get it done.

Feel free to guess who it is..... Any CSers in the Detroit area who want to stop by after dinner to hang out are welcome to email me, or call my cell (please don't randomly hand it out): 2-798-0608 (If you're truly in the Detroit area, you'll know what the "2" area code is. :) )

KG? On a road trip????

I'd love to have dinner with KG!

Yep- KG's coming over tonight. It's cool, because he's a car nut like DH is. And we've got a WI connection, too: my sister lives in Fox Pointe (north side of Milwaukee) and used to date a guy from Germantown.Of course, I'm sitting here checking CS instead of cleaning the kitchen. :)

So...whatcha cookin?

I'm making Chicken a la King. Not a PC recipe, but it's fast and easy (like me :) ). I also got a pineapple and a chocolate pie. I've been trying to get the house a little presentable today.

How fun for you! You need to post a picture...

Could you share you Chicken Ala King Recipe??I love this, but haven't found a recipe like my Aunt Sharon's and she just doesn't share her recipes.

Thanks,

Lisa

PS,
Enjoy the dinner!!

I would like the recipe too.

Lisa, I just use the recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. ;)Chicken a la King
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or 1 4-oz. can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1 cup chicken broth (use low-sodium if you can get it)
2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
1/2 cup chopped pimiento (I use frozen peas)
2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
8 toast points or 4 baked patty shellsIn a saucepan, melt butter. If using fresh mushrooms, add mushrooms and cook until tender. Stir in flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add milk and chicken broth all at once (I microwave mine so it's warmer than room temp. It helps prevent lumps that way.) Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Add canned mushrooms, if using. Stir in chicken or turkey, pimiento, and, if desired, dry sherry. Heat through. Spoon atop toast points. Serves 4.Variations: (I've not tried these, but they're in the book)
Cheesy Chicken a la king: Prepare as above, except add 1 cup shredded American or Swiss cheese to the thickened mixture before adding meat. Stir until cheese melts.
Curried Chicken a la King: Prepare as above, except add 1 teaspoon curry powder to melted margarine or butter; cook for 1 minute. Omit sherry. If desired, add 1 tablespoon chutney with meat.
Herbed Chicken a la King: Prepare as above, except cook 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper or sliced green onion; 1 clove garlic, minced; and 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed, in melted margarine or butter until tender.

Did I ruin the fun by guessing so fast?

Hi KG - have fun!!!! (Did you take Ann a kringle for dessert????)

chefann said:
I'm making Chicken a la King. Not a PC recipe, but it's fast and easy (like me :) ). I also got a pineapple and a chocolate pie. I've been trying to get the house a little presentable today.

LOL that was the laugh I had been needing. lol.

janetupnorth said:
Did I ruin the fun by guessing so fast?

Hi KG - have fun!!!! (Did you take Ann a kringle for dessert????)
Nah - it never would have survived past the second cash register at the Eden's Split.

mmmm.... kringle. Nothing like a pastry shaped like a toilet seat!KG got to see the "Chrome Theater," and Dan even spoke to him! (He tends to not like my friends for some reason.)

Oh, MAN I wish I'd found this thread earlier. I'm a couple of hours from Detroit, but I think I'd have given that a shot. :)

Our conversations are actually pretty normal. Unlike our posts.

chefann said:
mmmm.... kringle. Nothing like a pastry shaped like a toilet seat!

KG got to see the "Chrome Theater," and Dan even spoke to him! (He tends to not like my friends for some reason.)
Even if I'm an ADG?

Don't tell anyone, let 'em try to figure it out.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Even if I'm an ADG?

ADG

All Dead Guy
Anyone Done Green
Absent Dumb Git
Alrighty Don't Go
Awesome Donut Gobbler
Ack Delilah Gnocci

Anyone else?

Ack Delilah Gnocci? :confused:Bartender, I'll have what she's having.

chefann said:
Our conversations are actually pretty normal. Unlike our posts.
Well, at least, as nomral as we are.

Nomral?[IMG=http://www.dannann.net/chefann/KG&chefann.jpg]http://www.dannann.net/chefann/KG&chefann.jpg[/IMG]

Nomral?OK, I'll cut you some slack - you posted very late, and are probably asleep on your feet. :)http://www.dannann.net/chefann/KGchefann.jpg

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Even if I'm an ADG?

Awesome Detroit Guy?
Awesome Dang Guy?

chefann said:
Nomral?

OK, I'll cut you some slack - you posted very late, and are probably asleep on your feet. :)

http://www.dannann.net/chefann/KGchefann.jpg

What a GREAT picture!!:)

hmm... the pic looks a little dark. I edited it on my Mac, and Macs traditionally display colors a little brighter than Windoze machines. I'll have to correct it when I get home.

And KG refused to wear the fruit hat for a pic. Imagine that.

Beaker kept asking him for a "bagel bagel bagel" and both birds apparently wanted him to leave, because they kept saying, "B'Bye!"

what a great picture! KG is not what I expected! Don't ask me what I expected,:confused: cause I don't know!:rolleyes: ;) :eek: You guys looked like you were having a blast! So KG, how was her food?! :p I've discovered us PC consultants can just about pull off anything with our products and they make it taste good!
How great our businesses are that we are able to make friendships like this! :D :cool: Are you both going to conference? And are you in the same wave?
Thanks for posting the pic, Ann! How fun!:)

Great picture! Sounds like you all had a great time.

Love the picture!

Ann R

MissChef said:
what a great picture! KG is not what I expected! Don't ask me what I expected,:confused: cause I don't know!:rolleyes: ;) :eek: You guys looked like you were having a blast! So KG, how was her food?! :p I've discovered us PC consultants can just about pull off anything with our products and they make it taste good!
How great our businesses are that we are able to make friendships like this! :D :cool: Are you both going to conference? And are you in the same wave?
Thanks for posting the pic, Ann! How fun!:)
As of right now, we are both going to conference, and we are both in Wave 1. Come to the Meet 'n' Greet at Kitty O'Shea's at the Hilton (10 pm both Sunday and Monday nights) for fun and socializing!

The Chicken a la King came out well. It usually does - pretty easy recipe. (see previous posts for the recipe - it's a good one for "What to do with Thanksgiving Leftovers" shows) I served it in the Dots Small Bowls over biscuits (purchased frozen) that I baked on the Medium Bar Pan. The pineapple I got was SOOOO ripe and sweet. I kept eating pieces when I was cutting it up! :) And we also had applesauce. So all in all, it was a fairly healthy meal. Well, except for the chocolate cream pie at the end (also purchased - what can I say, I'm lazy). And I was such a dork, I completely forgot to offer coffee after dinner. :rolleyes:

What a great pic!! Thanks for sharing!

I'm not exactly what I expected, either.And we're both about as nomral as anyone around here.

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Looks like you guys had fun!!

Hey KG are you going to conference?

The jury is still out on that one. I'm planning on it, but if my surgical providers set up a date that conflicts with NC, well, sorry, but I'd have to go with the docs.

Sounds like you guys had a blast! What fun. I'll be looking for you both at conference, as well as everyone else from Wave 1. :)

chefann said:
Nomral?

OK, I'll cut you some slack - you posted very late, and are probably asleep on your feet. :)

http://www.dannann.net/chefann/KGchefann.jpg

Ann- You look so much like my mom except she's a bit older then you; even my husband thinks so.

I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you.(And I should hope she's older than me. I'm 35!)

toniascookin said:
Ann- You look so much like my mom except she's a bit older then you; even my husband thinks so.
I'm glad you clarified that ANN looked like your mom. If your mom looked like me, well...

That would be scary.

I don't know. I think it would be kind of cool to have a mom who could be the bearded lady at the carnival.

Related to Who's Joining Me for Dinner Tonight? Any Guesses?

1. What is "Who's Joining Me for Dinner Tonight?"

"Who's Joining Me for Dinner Tonight?" is a phrase often used by Pampered Chef consultants to invite friends, family, or potential customers to a dinner party where they can experience Pampered Chef products and learn about the company.

2. How do I get invited to a "Who's Joining Me for Dinner Tonight?" event?

You can attend a "Who's Joining Me for Dinner Tonight?" event by receiving a personal invitation from a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also contact a consultant and request to be invited to an upcoming event.

3. What happens at a "Who's Joining Me for Dinner Tonight?" event?

At a "Who's Joining Me for Dinner Tonight?" event, guests will have the opportunity to sample delicious food made with Pampered Chef products, learn about the benefits of hosting a party, and possibly even win free products through games and giveaways.

4. Can I bring a friend or family member to a "Who's Joining Me for Dinner Tonight?" event?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a guest to a "Who's Joining Me for Dinner Tonight?" event. Just make sure to let the consultant know in advance so they can plan accordingly.

5. Is there a cost to attend a "Who's Joining Me for Dinner Tonight?" event?

No, there is no cost to attend a "Who's Joining Me for Dinner Tonight?" event. However, guests may have the opportunity to purchase Pampered Chef products at the event if they wish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GourmetGirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • andrealynne719
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kcjodih