• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deciding if I Should Become a Consultant - Need Your Help!

In summary, a new member of the group shares her struggles with her current business, Premier Designs Jewelry, and her interest in joining Pampered Chef. She attended a Pampered Chef party in the past and was initially not interested, but after trying out the products and realizing the benefits of cooking at home, she became passionate about it. She is unsure if she will be successful with Pampered Chef, as she is not good at sales pitches and is worried about juggling two businesses at once. Other members of the group offer their advice and encouragement, mentioning that Pampered Chef products sell themselves and that the member's background in the restaurant business can be used to her advantage. They also caution about the potential challenges of representing two companies at once.
jewelryladypam
Gold Member
Hi everyone! I'm new here so forgive me if I've posted in the wrong place.

I am currently with Premier Designs Jewelry and LOVE doing homeshows, meeting new friends, having a business of my own, etc, but I've also been having a lot of difficulty with my business lately. Hard to get ladies to book shows, retails sales are down, etc.

Several years ago I went to my first PC party and was wondering why I was even there - I didn't cook at all (we are in the restaurant business) and my eyes were glazing over at the mere mention of cooking-related tips and tools. So I bought a pitcher - at least I can make Crystal Light - LOL!

Several shows later, however (I kept attending just to support my friends who were having the party) something clicked and I realized that it might not be so bad to try to cook, so I bought both 29 Minutes To Dinner cookbooks and I was off and running!!

The recipes truly were 29 minutes to dinner, no weird ingredients that I'd have to buy and only use once, really delicious, family-friendly, etc, etc. I was really pleased. THAT party that I attended started me on a cooking binge and for the last 2 years, that's all I've been doing. In fact, we rarely go out to eat anymore when not at our own restaurant. The kids get homecooked meals, homecooked lunches, homecooked breakfasts now, as opposed to fast food and pre-packaged stuff.

It's really changed our lives and our lifestyle (and my confidence) all because of that most recent PC show.

So...I got to thinking that maybe I should switch companies from Premier to PC. BUT I don't want to get into this and have it be yet another failed attempt at my own business.

I'm not overly pushy or aggressive and I have a hard time getting in people's faces to get them to book or join the business. I'm not good with a big sales pitch either.

So I guess my question is ... if I didn't succeed with Premier, will I not succeed with PC? (ie, if you're good at sales, you'll be able to sell any product to anyone ...)

Also, are any of you with two companies at the same time, PC and another? How do you juggle it and how does it work/not work? (I'm thinking of maybe doing PC and Premier at the same time?)

Thanks in advance for your input.

Pam Wright
Williamsburg, VA

First of all, you have a great story to tell at your shows!

Don't ever change - being "overly pushy or aggressive and I have a hard time getting in people's faces" is not at all how you want to be. Be yourself, have fun and share your passion and you'll do great.

Pampered Chef fills a need for quality cooking tools to make cooking easier (listen to your own story). I can't say why you didn't succeed with jewelry - maybe it wasn't your passion? Or maybe the people didn't NEED jewelry...

I know a lot of people who do more than one company and they make it work but it's my opinion that a person can't give 100% to one company and also represent another. Also, your customers have only so much money and you do run the risk of them thinking you're always selling something. ...but it's your choice.

Last edited:
HI Pam,
You have some great questions and its not my place to say YES or NO for you. There are consultants on this board that do two companies but for me I'd get confused! ha ha PC and Premier are two totally different types of companies. I think you could rock out this business for two reasons (and others). 1) You love our products and the ability that you have learned to cook a yummy meal in under 30minutes. 2) You own your own restaurant and know some GREAT tips for working in the kitchen. Use what you know at your shows. there is nothing pushy about saying 'Did you know.....'. This allows the person to remember if they choose without you feeling like you have to 'sell sell sell!!!'. :)
The products DO sell themselves as you have learned.

There is a lot I'd love to write but no one wants a book. ;) I'm in Chesapeake, VA so if you want to chat I'd love to help you. Do you have a consultant that you've been working with already? She/he would be happy to answer questions for you. :) If not, I'd love to help you in any way I can. :)

BethCooks4U said:
First of all, you have a great story to tell at your shows!

Don't ever change - being "overly pushy or aggressive and I have a hard time getting in people's faces" is not at all how you want to be. Be yourself, have fun and share your passion and you'll do great.

Pampered Chef fills a need for quality cooking tools to make cooking easier (listen to your own story). I can't say why you didn't succeed with jewelry - maybe it wasn't your passion? Or maybe the people didn't NEED jewelry...

I know a lot of people who do more than one company and they make it work but it's my opinion that a person can't give 100% to one company and also represent another. Also, yur customers have only so much money and you do run the risk of them thinking you're always selling something. ...but it's your choice.

AWESOME!!!! Thanks Beth- I need to memorize this for the next person because that what I was trying to think of while you wrote it! ha ha :) I totally agree with Beth 100%!!!

Hi Pam. If you're in a business which is not your passion, you won't succeed. With that story and your enthusiasm, though, I can see you being very successful with The Pampered Chef! You will have to talk to people, but if PC is your passion, it won't be hard to do. There's a ton of great training online, and you should get even more hands on from your recruiter and director.There are people who do PC and another business, but not being one of them, I can only tell you if you reach Director level with PC you'll have to decide between accepting the promotion or Premier.By the way, I went to a Premier Jewelry show a few weeks ago, and loved it!! The Jeweler showed us so many different things to do with jewelry, it was amazing!

pampchefsarah said:
Hi Pam. If you're in a business which is not your passion, you won't succeed. With that story and your enthusiasm, though, I can see you being very successful with The Pampered Chef! You will have to talk to people, but if PC is your passion, it won't be hard to do. There's a ton of great training online, and you should get even more hands on from your recruiter and director.

There are people who do PC and another business, but not being one of them, I can only tell you if you reach Director level with PC you'll have to decide between accepting the promotion or Premier.

By the way, I went to a Premier Jewelry show a few weeks ago, and loved it!! The Jeweler showed us so many different things to do with jewelry, it was amazing!

I totally agree with this!! My aunt tried to get me to sell Premier before I started PC. While the business opportunity sounded great, there were two things that kept me from doing it: 1 - the COST and 2 - I really wasn't that into jewelry. Fast forward a year later, I had a PC bridal shower and knew at that moment I wanted to sell PC and I knew NOTHING about the business! There is now way I could do something I wasn't passionate about!

Pam, PC is all about showing the products, answering questions, and offering invitations. It's not at all about talking anyone into anything. As a matter of fact, being pushy is something that our founder and president, Doris Christopher, is definitely against. One great thing about PC is that it's a no-risk investment. Give it a try. You'll start earning commission from your first $1. Once you've fulfilled your commitment you'll have earned back at least as much as you invested. If you decide that it's not for you you're out nothing. And, as I often say, PC has something for everyone who eats.

I started 3 years ago November and have had no regrets. It is the perfect time because now that the summer is over, people are starting to think about holiday cooking and shopping for gifts. As others have said, you have nothing to lose. Give it a try; the worst that can happen is you'll get some great products, recipes and earn some commission while you're at it. Good Luck!

Everyone above has just about summed it up and it's all true. Your story is awesome, and you do sound passionate about our awesome tools. There is NO need to be pushy, you'll see it come up naturally. Just share how excited you are about starting your new biz, and how awesome the host rewards are. Hosts get paid in product....who doesn't want free goodies? Plus, the product sells itself...just be sure guests get their hands on the product and that they get to try it. If you focus on offering a service....sharing tips, helping meet thir needs in the kitchen, saving money (show) or making money (Biz), it'll fall into place.

I think you would be a great consultant. You will not to be in your face about PC, but you WILL need to talk about it. People need to know about PC and that YOU are a PC rep...and hopefully THEIR PC rep.

Also, it is a win win situation.....you get $400 in products, you make the cost of your kit back in commission PLUS you get Pampered Chef Dollars. If you do 6 shows and decide it isnt for you, then you'll still have all this awesome product and it cost you nothing.

1. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn a flexible income, be your own boss, and work from home. You also have access to discounted products, free training and support, and the chance to connect with a community of like-minded individuals.

2. How much does it cost to become a consultant?

The cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant varies depending on the starter kit you choose. Our starter kits range from $109 to $249 and include everything you need to get started, including product samples and business supplies.

3. Do I need any prior experience in sales or cooking to become a consultant?

No, you do not need any prior experience in sales or cooking to become a Pampered Chef consultant. We provide comprehensive training and support to help you succeed in your business. All you need is a passion for cooking and a desire to share our products with others.

4. How much time do I need to commit as a consultant?

The amount of time you commit to your Pampered Chef business is flexible and up to you. You can work as little or as much as you like, depending on your goals and availability. Many consultants start by dedicating a few hours a week and gradually increase their time as their business grows.

5. Can I still be a consultant if I have a full-time job or other commitments?

Yes, you can still be a Pampered Chef consultant even if you have a full-time job or other commitments. Our business model allows for a flexible schedule, so you can work around your other responsibilities. Many of our successful consultants have full-time jobs or are stay-at-home parents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • LTC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
raebates
  • melissa3026