• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Won the Big Game: Giants or Patriots?

In summary, the game was close but the Pats won. There were great commercials in the last quarter. KG is happy that the Packers were beat.

Who are you rooting for is Superbowl XLII?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
janetupnorth
Gold Member
So, who are you rooting for today?

I'm watching but undecided - probably will cheer NY on - I'm a sucker for the underdogs... :rolleyes:

Underdog was always my favorite! :) We'll go for the underdog here too.... althought are they really underdogs??? They ARE playing in the Superbowl!!!! Actually... that's kind of funny... calling Giants an underdog... sorry... I'm VERY tired!

Go PATS!!!!!! Born and raised in New England!

Sorry...I have to vote like I know Ann will...we don't watch sports here!!
:)

Go PATS!! Although I am in North Carolina now, I was born and raised in Massachusetts. I don't get to watch too much of the game lately, with 2 kids in the house, but my hubby is definetely a fan!

I have a hard time staying focused on football games. I'm with Ann. I really don't care. I got to see what I wanted to see - Jordan Sparks singing the National Anthem. Now, I just want it to be over so I can watch House.

I'm with you Kitchen Guy, it's all about the commercials!!! Thank goodness my computer is where I can still see the T.V.

I had a post after KG's but it is gone...grr...connection to CS server was acting up...

Anyway, it won't let me edit the poll, but I probably should have added the commercials and the refs too...he-he...

1st half winner: Career Builder, "Follow Your Heart."2nd Place: Budweiser, "Rocky."ETA: The Tide "Stain Speaks Loudly" is an honorable mention.

Last edited:
We're rooting for the Patriots! (DH was born/raised in Mass and I went to college there.)
....but, in truth, I get more enjoyment out of watching the commercials...and watching DH react to the game.:rolleyes:

Over all, the game is better than the commercials...gotta go they are back on GO GIANTS!

I LOVE the NFL Super Ad!

And I don't even play the oboe!

ETA: Maybe Charlie Brown never got to kick the football, but he got the Coke! :love:

Last edited:
KG - How about the political Coke ad...

Giants for baby Eli!

Liked the NFL oboe commercial and Charlie Brown and the Coke

Charlie Brown beats that loud-mouth Carvel every time. (What in blazes did Mary Maitlin ever see in that guy?)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Charlie Brown beats that loud-mouth Carvel every time. (What in blazes did Mary Maitlin ever see in that guy?)

My DH's theory is they have such vicious fights over politics that they have great sex afterwards... :eek: ;)

Usually, I'm not one to say, "I told you so."But in this case, I told you so. Two weeks ago.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Boy, I've wondered the same thing! As for the game: :cry: :cry: :cry:

janetupnorth said:
My DH's theory is they have such vicious fights over politics that they have great sex afterwards... :eek: ;)

...things that make you go eewwwwwwwwwwww!

who rocks the house - NY rocks the house !!!! Superbowl Champs!!!!!! Hollllaaaaaa!!!

fireworks12.gif
OMG! GIANTS ROCK!!!!
fireworks12.gif

Ok, Pats fans....The Pats are an unbelievable team. As a Giants fan, I truely was hoping that the Giants wouldn't choke and would at least make a game of it. Both teams fought so very hard. It was an impressive game no matter what the outcome was.

And KG...don't you feel a little better that the Packers were beat by a Super Bowl championship team??:D

baychef said:
fireworks12.gif
OMG! GIANTS ROCK!!!!
fireworks12.gif

Ok, Pats fans....The Pats are an unbelievable team. As a Giants fan, I truely was hoping that the Giants wouldn't choke and would at least make a game of it. Both teams fought so very hard. It was an impressive game no matter what the outcome was.

And KG...don't you feel a little better that the Packers were beat by a Super Bowl championship team??:D

I would think he's happy with someone with his name winning. :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Have you listened to her lately? I will admit, I couldn't imagine waking up next to that for the rest of my life!:eek: :eek:

Many more good commercials in the last quarter. The worst was the car mechanic going to jump the car. Really sad.

Words do not not express how much I enjoyed watching Tom Brady get his a** handed to him all night. The Giants deserved and earned this win.

:D :D :D GO GIANTS:D :D :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Usually, I'm not one to say, "I told you so."

But in this case, I told you so. Two weeks ago.
Please let the Kat Lady know that I love it when you are right!!!!

I loved the E-trade ads with the baby!!! Hilarious!

KellyTheChef said:
Sorry...I have to vote like I know Ann will...we don't watch sports here!!
:)
That's us too! I set the DVR though! We are going to watch the commercials and ffwd through the game!!! LOL!:eek: :D

I liked the commerical with the lizards dancing to Thriller!!! Go Giants!!!!

baychef said:
fireworks12.gif
OMG! GIANTS ROCK!!!!
fireworks12.gif

The best team won. I believe I said that two weeks ago, and I also believe I stated somewhere that for the first time, in a long time, the two best teams in the league met in the Superbowl.

I also like the symmetry of the AFC and NFC winning in consecutive years, but even better, I like that the consecutive MVP's are the quarterbacks and they are both Mannings.

My favorite commercial was the American Idol one with Big Ben singing into the football. I've seen him out and about in Pittsburgh and he always acts way to cool for school, so he must've been paid a pretty penny to do that. My #2 was the "Rocky" Budweiser commercial. My #3 was the Gatorade one with the dog drinking (slurping) out of his dog bowl.

Words do not not express how much I enjoyed watching Tom Brady get his a** handed to him all night. The Giants deserved and earned this win.

Ditto! Love that the brothers won back to back and MVP, too. Their parents deserve alot of credit. They're both such nice guys. You never hear anything bad about them. When Elil leaned over and kissed the little lady during the trophy presentation, all I could say was "Aww, how sweet." :)

I called my little brother and asked "Did you see the grass stains?" He said "What grass stains?" I said "The ones on Tom Brady's a$$." I thought he was going to choke. :p Good thing he was pulling for NY...he's bigger than me. lol

I love Budweiser's commercials. They always have good ones. This year was too cute. The oboe and the baby commercials were my other faves.

Jordan Sparks was awesome. It's said the reason so many change it up is because it's so hard for most to hit the changes. It's irritating though. She didn't have to and did a great job!

It was a whale of a game, probably the best Superbowl ever from a fan standpoint. I don't think Bill Belichick is going to be up for sportsman of the year. I would even bet some people wish they could take back their coach of the year vote.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It was a whale of a game, probably the best Superbowl ever from a fan standpoint.

I don't think Bill Belichick is going to be up for sportsman of the year. I would even bet some people wish they could take back their coach of the year vote.
How sad that he left his team to finish the 1 second left, while he went storming off......what a leader.:rolleyes:

GIANTS ALL THE WAY!!! What a awsome game!! :D

18-#1!!!!!!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It was a whale of a game, probably the best Superbowl ever from a fan standpoint.

I don't think Bill Belichick is going to be up for sportsman of the year. I would even bet some people wish they could take back their coach of the year vote.

I SECOND THAT!!!!!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

What a sore loser!
I was happy the Giants pulled it out at the end; good game!
Now on to next year for the Pack...;)

Related to Who Won the Big Game: Giants or Patriots?

1. Who won the big game between the Giants and Patriots?

The New York Giants won the big game against the New England Patriots with a final score of 21-17.

2. How did the Giants manage to beat the Patriots?

The Giants had a strong defense and a solid game plan, which allowed them to shut down the Patriots' offense and score key touchdowns in the fourth quarter.

3. How did the Patriots respond to their loss against the Giants?

The Patriots showed resilience and determination, vowing to come back stronger in the next season and make it to the big game once again.

4. Did the Giants or the Patriots have more fans at the game?

It's hard to say for sure, but it seemed like there were slightly more Giants fans at the game, as they were the underdogs and had a lot of support from neutral fans.

5. Who are you personally rooting for in the big game?

As a Pampered Chef employee, I am not allowed to have a personal bias towards any team. However, I am always a fan of a good underdog story, so I may have secretly been rooting for the Giants. Shh, don't tell anyone!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
letscook04
Replies