• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Packers vs. Bears: A Crucial Game in Wisconsin - Predictions and Shopping Tips

In summary, the conversation started with a mention of time standing still in Wisconsin and the suggestion to go shopping during the Packer game to avoid lines. There was a discussion about the origins of "Da Bears" and the Super Bowl party tradition. Some people expressed disinterest in sports, while others rooted for the Bears in the game. There were updates on the game and some reminiscing about past football experiences. In the end, the Bears won and there was a somber moment as one member shared about a personal struggle.

Who will win the annual showdown???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Today is once again a day where time stands still in Wisconsin. Want to get shopping done? By a hypocrite and go during the Packer game - there will be no lines in the stores! Of course, go to any carry-out food place during half-timea and you are in trouble.

So, who do you think will win????

After further review...
bearsstillsuck.jpg

Ok, how many on here actually know where "Da Bears" came from...and of those who know were alive to watch it originally not on a rerun...

(...and I KNOW KG was alive. ;) )

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I can't lie and say I do but I HAVE to say I love your sign KG!!

janetupnorth said:
Ok, how many on here actually know where "Da Bears" came from...and of those who know were alive to watch it originally not on a rerun...(...and I KNOW KG was alive. ;) )
George Wendt -Chris Farley - SNL.YouTube - Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears

Last edited:
Gotta admit... I could care less about football, but DA BEARS was hysterical!

We know how you feel in Cincy - it was a long 29 years here, too.

Even the year they went to the Super Bowl... I was more excited about the party. The Super Bowl typically falls on the weekend of my birthday. My youth group always had a Super Bowl party at someone's house and of course, we always celebrated my birthday as well!

My DH watches the (gag) Lions. I don't know why because he always is so irritated with them. I like college football better, but I really don't care about any of it. Just tell me who wins. I do like parties, Michigan v. Michigan State and Super Bowl.

We don't watch sports...so honestly, I have to vote that I don't care. Sorry!

KellyTheChef said:

Hey - that's why I put the option out there!

My DH will be in the other room watching Mythbusters or some history channel show or something during the game...

KellyTheChef said:
HRRRRRUMPH.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
HRRRRRUMPH.

Hey, at least she isn't rooting for the Bears!

GO BEARS!!!!!

(Aw, come on! Give us something after getting SO far with the Cubs and then......NOTHING!!!!):( :( :( That was torture!

pamperedbecky said:
GO BEARS!!!!!

(Aw, come on! Give us something after getting SO far with the Cubs and then......NOTHING!!!!):( :( :( That was torture!

Yeah! The Pack is ahead to start!!!!

If you're watching the game, can you hear what the crowd is chanting?See post #2 for the transcript.

Yeah, even after that crappy touchdown... :(

This game is getting to be sheer torture!!!! <SIGH>

I'm watching right now, packers are blowing the 2nd half! :cry:

There's a long way to go yet. Remember what Da Bearse did against the Detroit Kitties last week.

janetupnorth said:
Ok, how many on here actually know where "Da Bears" came from...and of those who know were alive to watch it originally not on a rerun...

(...and I KNOW KG was alive. ;) )

Old fart that saw the original, Jane you ignorant sl*t:D

And now this word from the Bass-O-Matic...

baychef said:
Old fart that saw the original, Jane you ignorant sl*t:D

Oh hell...I remember when Vince Lombardi was coach! That was when the coaches all wore ties and dress coats. And when dinosaurs roamed the earth!!:eek: :eek:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
And now this word from the Bass-O-Matic...

Oh yes!!!! I loved the Bass-O-Matic...you could almost smell the brew!!!:yuck: :yuck:

Colon blow cereal...hmmm seem to need to eat more of that now!!

And Julia Child in the kitchen!!!!!

This is the LONGEST 5 minutes ever! I'm dying here...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

YEAH BEARSE!!!!!!! UP 27-20!!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

pamperedbecky said:
YEAH BEARSE!!!!!!! UP 27-20!!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Please refer to post #2!

The better team did not win.The better coach did.

Woo hoo!!! It was an exciting game toward the end. It's nice to finally have a win in Chicago. I wish it would have been the Cubs though.....at least they made a brief appearance in the playoffs.

Now it's off to bed. These late night games are wearing on me.:)

O.k. - should I thoroughly annoy all the football fans and ask "Who Won?"

Man we thought Brett could pull it off in the end:cry: Well, they got a loss out of their systems--they don't have to do that again! Good game; better first half:rolleyes:

Well, The Packers fans are really quiet this morning!!!!!

mrssyvo said:
Well, The Packers fans are really quiet this morning!!!!!

Sorry, I've been dealing with more serious situations - refer to latest thread in prayer requests. :cry:

I'm so sorryI am so sorry janet, I did not read that thread. I will be praying.

That was a disappointing game. :( On another note, I bought my hubby tickets to the rams game for his 30th b-day. Why, you ask, is that revelant to this thread? 'Cuz it's on the 16th of December, when they play the Packers! :) He is so excited. We're going to make it a weekend & spend the night in St. Louis the night before the game. :)

mrssyvo said:
I am so sorry janet, I did not read that thread. I will be praying.

No problem - feel free to go back to picking on the Pack - I will be sure to fire it back at you later when I have time! ;)

I was disappointed that the packers didn't win but I was happy that MY TEAM WON!!! GO STEELERS!!!

1. Who do you think will win the Packers vs. Bears game?

Being an employee of Pampered Chef, I am not allowed to make predictions about sports games. However, I will say that both teams have passionate fan bases and it will surely be an intense and exciting game.

2. Why is this game considered crucial in Wisconsin?

In Wisconsin, football is more than just a sport - it's a way of life. The Packers and Bears have a long-standing rivalry and this game holds a lot of significance for fans in Wisconsin. Plus, the outcome of this game could greatly impact the standings in the division.

3. What shopping tips do you have for today during the game?

If you want to avoid crowds and long lines, consider going shopping during the game. Many people will be glued to their TVs, so stores may be less crowded. Just be aware that carry-out food places may be busy during halftime, so plan accordingly.

4. Is it true that there will be no lines in stores during the game?

While it's likely that stores will be less crowded during the game, there is no guarantee that there will be no lines. It ultimately depends on the popularity of the store and the location. It's best to plan ahead and try to go during off-peak hours.

5. Can I still enjoy the game and get my shopping done?

Absolutely! Many stores now have TVs or streaming services available for customers to watch the game while they shop. So you can still catch the game and get your shopping done at the same time. Just be mindful of other shoppers and don't block aisles or displays while watching.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
letscook04
Replies
Views
kdangel518
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978