• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Throws a Recipe at a Job Fair and Complains About Free Artichokes?

The author did a job fair yesterday afternoon and handed out recipes. One lady looked at hers - said "Ewww Artichokes", threw it back on the table and stomped away saying very loudly "shes only giving it to me because its got that coupon - I hate d*** artichokes". The author had a "wow" moment and laughed. The sad part is that the lady was with her daughter who looked about 18 or 19 (the fair was at the comm college) and probably there helping the daughter with prospective employers. What an example she is setting, acting like that in public. The author is glad her daughters were taught to be respectful of others. The good part is that the author has got lots of leads
Cindycooks
Silver Member
I did a job fair yesterday afternoon and handed out recipes. One lady looked at hers - said "Ewww Artichokes", threw it back on the table and stomped away saying very loudly "shes only giving it to me because its got that coupon - I hate d*** artichokes".

I was shocked for about a second - as were other people around me, then I just laughed and shook my head. The nerve of some people - why not just put it in her bag and walk away. All she did is have everyone around me stare and say that they hoped she didnt come their way!

The sad part is she was with her daughter who looked about 18 or 19 (the fair was at the comm college) and probably there helping the daughter with prospective employers. What an example she is setting, acting like that in public. I am so glad my daughters were taught to be respectful of others.

The good part is - I've got lots of leads for bookings and the opportunity to follow up on over the weekend. Karma is biting her in the butt!

Last edited:
Take it as a "wow," moment and let it go - You did your job (and very well!) and that is all that matters! There is one in every bunch - sometimes two!!

Great job with your leads!!

I am glad Karma ended up on your side!! Don't let her bother you too much - it takes all kinds, right? It just stinks that she took it out on you!

oh it not bothering me a bit - im just still shocked thats all at the way some people act in public like its nothing!!!

At least she brought some attention to your booth!

That's why I bring multiple recipe cards with me. If I get that grumpy person who doesn't like chocolate, artichokes, etc, then I just say well, I have another option for you. They usually take the second one!

Artichokes are DELICIOUS! What's wrong with her!
hahah!Good for you for not saying anything back to her, some people just don't even deserve your time.
And YAY for the leads you got! Time for you to get on the phone. Hope you're better at doing that than I am!

You definitely can do without her as a customer. At least you got a good laugh!

Who wouldn't love chocolate? But I digress.
I hate rude people! In fact its one of my pet peeves. I don't understand why some people feel the need to express everything that pops in their head with no discretion whatsoever! I mean seriously!!!

The funny thing is that people like that can never figure out why "bad things" are always happening to them. You know what I mean. They never get the job. They never get a break. They never have friends who give them an edge. It never occurs to them that their behavior is what is causing their "bad luck."

I know Rae - and the funny thing is the teenage girl didnt look embarassed one bit - if my mama had done something like that with me in public I would have gone running. They just kept on walking like it was nothing!

Unfortunately, it probably is nothing out of the ordinary for them.

1. Why was the lady rude at the fair yesterday?

Unfortunately, we cannot speak on behalf of the lady's behavior as we were not present during the incident. We apologize for any negative experience you may have had.

2. Did the rude lady work for Pampered Chef?

No, the rude lady at the fair yesterday was not an employee of Pampered Chef. All of our employees are trained to provide excellent customer service and treat others with respect.

3. How did Pampered Chef handle the situation with the rude lady?

As a company, we strive to provide exceptional customer service and we are sorry if this was not your experience. Please reach out to our customer service team so we can address your concerns and ensure that future events are handled professionally.

4. Will the rude lady be at any future Pampered Chef events?

We cannot guarantee the attendance of any specific individuals at our events. However, we assure you that all of our employees and consultants undergo thorough training to uphold our values of respect and kindness towards all customers.

5. Can I still purchase products from Pampered Chef after this encounter with the rude lady?

Yes, of course! We value all of our customers and would be happy to assist you with any purchases or inquiries. Our customer service team is available to help with any concerns you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefshawna
  • mrshamel3808
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
Replies