• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Stole My Cookbook at the Bridal Expo?

.99.I always give out a recipe card with my info on it. I figure that they aren't too expensive, but look nice and they walk away with something.Yeah, I could really care less about the pens - I should have brought the red pens I usually use, but I had a bunch of regular Pampered Chef pens in my bag and just used them.
cathyskitchen
Gold Member
Well, the expo went great! It was SUPER busy and my team member and I got a lot of great registry and possible recruit leads, so I'm pumped! We brought only the things that are on the "Well-Stocked Kitchen" list, and most of the stuff was over $50 (cookware, DCB, Trifle Bowl, Salad Spinner, forged cutlery, 3-tier stand, stainless mixing bowls, wovens, etc.). We had them put the drawing slips in the Trifle Bowl, so that was the talk of the expo. I even met my son's "lunch lady" at the end - too funny! We printed our drawing slips in different colors so it was easier to divide them up at the end of the night, too.

The only thing I have to complain about is that someone stole my "It's Good For You" cookbook!!! UGH!! We had the 3 cookbooks out that are on the WSK list (that one, Stoneware Inspirations and Cooking for 2 and More) and we saw it there the whole time until near the end. We didn't leave the table un-manned for one second all night. I thought maybe someone grabbed it thinking it was a freebie (like catalogs or something - but we didn't have them out to grab, we were handing them out), so I had the expo organizers make an announcement that someone had "mistakenly" taken the TGFY cookbook from the PC table and that we needed it back, but no one returned it. GRRR!!! I know I earned that book free, so now I'm going to have to pay for one - DOUBLE GRR!! Some people - oh, and all of the pens I took were taken, too!! (people kept asking if they could take them and we had to keep saying "NO" - they were for the drawing slips!! HELLO!!) Everyone wants something for free, I guess, huh? Oh, well. Hopefully all of the registries and recruits I get from this will pay for the darned thing.:rolleyes:

First of all, congrats and I hope that you get tons of actual registries and recruits! Follow up right away while people remember you.

As for the losses, that stinks. It's true people want free stuff, but a cookbook would obviously NOT be one of those things. I'd be mad too b/c it's a violation of trust. As for the pens, those can walk away (we've all done it). Using a pen and forget your holding it. I put flowers on the end of mine. Obvious when your putting it in your purse and to find at shows. :D

I always give out a recipe card with my info on it. I figure that they aren't too expensive, but look nice and they walk away with something.

Yeah, I could really care less about the pens - I should have brought the red pens I usually use, but I had a bunch of regular Pampered Chef pens in my bag and just used them. I did have a bunch of recipe cards that I put out after the brides had toured the booths (we didn't want them to just come up and take stuff - we wanted to talk to them and hand them stuff), so that anyone from the mall could just come up and peruse the booth (one of the nice benefits of doing a show at the mall), and I'm sure some loser just came up and swiped the cookbook when one of our backs was turned. Lesson learned - I'll never bring cookbooks to a mall expo again!!! :(

cathyskitchen said:
Lesson learned - I'll never bring cookbooks to a mall expo again!!! :(
Or tie them down with a string through the spiral binding. It's not fool-proof, but it'll give people the idea that it's not a free sample.

I really like the pens that Merrill is offering now. Not too bad of a price either.

Oh, really? Cool! The pens I lost were the green logo pens - I think they were from VIP. Gone. So, I'll definitely need some new ones! :)

I think they are 50 for $14

1. What is the "Bridal Expo Update"?

The "Bridal Expo Update" is a new line of products specifically designed for couples who are getting married. It includes kitchen tools and gadgets that are perfect for newlyweds and their new home.

2. When will the "Bridal Expo Update" be available for purchase?

The "Bridal Expo Update" will be available for purchase starting next month. It will be launched at our upcoming bridal expo event.

3. Can I purchase the "Bridal Expo Update" online?

Yes, the "Bridal Expo Update" will be available for purchase on our website as well as at our in-person events. Stay tuned for more details on the exact launch date.

4. Are there any special deals or promotions for the "Bridal Expo Update"?

Yes, we will be offering special discounts and promotions for the "Bridal Expo Update" at our bridal expo event. Make sure to attend to take advantage of these exclusive offers.

5. Can I add items from the "Bridal Expo Update" to my bridal registry?

Definitely! Our "Bridal Expo Update" line is perfect for adding to your bridal registry. You can also share your registry with friends and family who will be attending the bridal expo event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dyanna
  • ebarnes23us